View Poll Results: What Do You Think Happened?

Voters
522. You may not vote on this poll
  • Proposal, currently engaged

    72 13.79%
  • Proposal, engagement ended

    112 21.46%
  • Proposal, never engaged, not dating

    48 9.20%
  • Proposal, never engaged, currently dating

    12 2.30%
  • No proposal, currently dating

    35 6.70%
  • No proposal, dated but no longer together

    149 28.54%
  • No proposal, never dated

    94 18.01%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

  1. #21
    George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Great Texas-Home of George Baby
    Age
    46
    Posts
    892

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    C4Real I agree with you. I am part of who think they are still engaged. And like you, I wavered on my decision because there is just something that I can quite put my finger on that makes me believe that. I think the shocked and disappointed leans towards, since he has already been through this on Jillian's season, he knows how public opinions go and that the majority pick their favorite (ala Ali). When the favorite is not chosen, they get upset and mad and drag the lead through the coals. Maybe it is his way (as well as TPTB) of bracing people for the fact that it's not going to be the ending they imagine. Who knows. I also tend to think that because of RS the past couple of seasons (and the fact that Jake knows acting) that maybe alot of his interviews are staged to make it seem he is not happy. I tend to think that he is wanting to shout it from the rooftops but he is told to keep a cork in it. JMO though. I truly do believe that Jake and Vienna have seen each other contrary to what Jake is saying in interviews. I think that is another smoke screen. I also believe that no matter what, Jake does have Vienna's back and I think that some of how he is being portrayed in interviews is he wants to scream and tell people to take a flying leap and to leave her alone, but he can't until the show ends. Anyway, longest post I have ever done but thought I would share my thoughts.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

  2. #22
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3835115;
    C4Real I agree with you. I am part of who think they are still engaged. And like you, I wavered on my decision because there is just something that I can quite put my finger on that makes me believe that. I think the shocked and disappointed leans towards, since he has already been through this on Jillian's season, he knows how public opinions go and that the majority pick their favorite (ala Ali). When the favorite is not chosen, they get upset and mad and drag the lead through the coals. Maybe it is his way (as well as TPTB) of bracing people for the fact that it's not going to be the ending they imagine. Who knows. I also tend to think that because of RS the past couple of seasons (and the fact that Jake knows acting) that maybe alot of his interviews are staged to make it seem he is not happy. I tend to think that he is wanting to shout it from the rooftops but he is told to keep a cork in it. JMO though. I truly do believe that Jake and Vienna have seen each other contrary to what Jake is saying in interviews. I think that is another smoke screen. I also believe that no matter what, Jake does have Vienna's back and I think that some of how he is being portrayed in interviews is he wants to scream and tell people to take a flying leap and to leave her alone, but he can't until the show ends. Anyway, longest post I have ever done but thought I would share my thoughts.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Wow, if what you say turns out to be right in that Jake and Vienna are still together and engaged, that would be surprising to me, but I would like that to be the case! I love when the most unlikely couples stay together despite all of the bad things that they go through and the things that are said about them. It's one of the reasons why I love Jill and Ed and Molly and Jason as couples.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

  3. #23
    George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Great Texas-Home of George Baby
    Age
    46
    Posts
    892

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3835175;
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Wow, if what you say turns out to be right in that Jake and Vienna are still together and engaged, that would be surprising to me, but I would like that to be the case! I love when the most unlikely couples stay together despite all of the bad things that they go through and the things that are said about them. It's one of the reasons why I love Jill and Ed and Molly and Jason as couples.
    Thanks sanlee. This is the way I feel as well. It seems the most unlikely ones are the ones who make it from this "show". I just have this feeling that Jake is really ticked at how things are being portrayed by not only TPTB but the media as well and he can't say anything. I also keep going back to something that a poster here said and I don't know if it originated from RS or who, but they commented that Jake gave TPTB a hard time and did not always cooperate with them. I think that is because he chose Vienna when he wasn't supposed to. I really did not have a favorite in this season, like in others, I have grown to see the connection with Jake and Vienna. I look at the eye contact and the way they seem so comfortable. Not to mention the coversations we get little snippets of from the editing about real life. Such as Jake scolding her about her mouth with the other ladies.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

  4. #24
    FORT Fogey MamaAmyG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    800

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    i am also one of the 40. and part of what made me lean toward still together is exactly what mommadeb said, that it seems like the least likely couples are the ones that succeed after the show. i think the general expectation is for a pretty TV-ready couple, one that says the right things and are pretty squeaky clean.

    but when the faults are there front and center, it's more likely to me that they are no secret between the couple. for example, if vienna has even half a head on her shoulders, she told jake before the show ended that "hey, i've got some messy business with a few exes" so that nothing has been a surprise.

    basically, my vote is based on the fact that it would be nothing short of stupid to not fully disclose anything that even might be scandalous before the lead makes their final choice, and that jake knew what he was getting into then and willingly chose it.

    also, regarding his less than flowery rosy statements about her beauty, well, as a woman those statements don't bother me. they're truth. i'm not too shabby looking but if i stood next to a supermodel i wouldn't be the prettiest one either. physical beauty is just one of the many traits that make a person attractive.
    _(Moo!)

  5. #25
    FORT Newbie Bean_counter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    21

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    I am also one of the 40'ish and voted engaged still. I saw the US weekly photo where it looked like she had Daddy's ring on the right hand. I remember Jake asked her about the ring while laying on her bed on HTD. I think Jake is tired of all the questions about Ali because he was pis"ed that she left the show. I think it was all Vienna from the bungee jump and TPTB did not like it and that is why her edit is so bad. I think TPTB is leaking stuff to the media about Vienna and Jake is upset that they are treating her this way. JMHO

  6. #26
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,611

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    I think Jake wanted Ali up until the time she left. Hence, Vienna ends up being f1 by "default". This is why I don't expect any engagement between the two at the show's finale. Not sure if Vienna was ever his final choice, or if Vienna indeed turns him down at the FRC.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey Luvstruck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    1,375

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3834194;
    I'd love to hear from the 40ish people who think they are still together. How is it that Vienna is putting up with Jake's insulting comments about her...and how is it Jake is putting up with the information that is coming to light about Vienna? How are they still together with such negative stuff going on between them?
    I vote they are still together. Jake hasn't been able to say much about the show ending but I do think he chose Vienna. Jake is a bit dorky thus some of his comments. The negative stuff is not between them both of them know the truth. Reports are Vienna is still wearing her pink ring on her right hand and if they were broken up wouldn't she move the ring back to her left hand. By the final rose I think they had sized each other up pretty well, Jake knew she was spoiled and didn't care. I think he is the kind of guy who wants someone to spoil. As for his seeming sad in interviews I would be too if the media was trashing the person I loved. Also, I read where Chris Harrison said they (Bachelor) finally got it right this time.

  8. #28
    FORT Fan MayJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    391

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3835181;
    Thanks sanlee. This is the way I feel as well. It seems the most unlikely ones are the ones who make it from this "show". I just have this feeling that Jake is really ticked at how things are being portrayed by not only TPTB but the media as well and he can't say anything. I also keep going back to something that a poster here said and I don't know if it originated from RS or who, but they commented that Jake gave TPTB a hard time and did not always cooperate with them. I think that is because he chose Vienna when he wasn't supposed to. I really did not have a favorite in this season, like in others, I have grown to see the connection with Jake and Vienna. I look at the eye contact and the way they seem so comfortable. Not to mention the coversations we get little snippets of from the editing about real life. Such as Jake scolding her about her mouth with the other ladies.
    I think the opposite.... maybe tptb intended V for the controversial F1 (typical MF manipulation to produce...voila... irate fans & higher ratings).... hence Jake's comment about not doing what he was expected to, and being "to h*** and back", etc, etc... and "following his heart"..... the non-F1 who he realizes is right/goes after/gets back is the big question.....
    Last edited by MayJ; 02-23-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo's

  9. #29
    East Coaster Beagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,234

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by mommadeb;3835115;
    C4Real I agree with you. I am part of who think they are still engaged. And like you, I wavered on my decision because there is just something that I can quite put my finger on that makes me believe that. I think the shocked and disappointed leans towards, since he has already been through this on Jillian's season, he knows how public opinions go and that the majority pick their favorite (ala Ali). When the favorite is not chosen, they get upset and mad and drag the lead through the coals. Maybe it is his way (as well as TPTB) of bracing people for the fact that it's not going to be the ending they imagine. Who knows. I also tend to think that because of RS the past couple of seasons (and the fact that Jake knows acting) that maybe alot of his interviews are staged to make it seem he is not happy. I tend to think that he is wanting to shout it from the rooftops but he is told to keep a cork in it. JMO though. I truly do believe that Jake and Vienna have seen each other contrary to what Jake is saying in interviews. I think that is another smoke screen. I also believe that no matter what, Jake does have Vienna's back and I think that some of how he is being portrayed in interviews is he wants to scream and tell people to take a flying leap and to leave her alone, but he can't until the show ends. Anyway, longest post I have ever done but thought I would share my thoughts.

    Mommadeb, My thoughts exactly. I feel that they are engaged and currently together and Jake's demeanor it's part acting to make people believe he didn't choose anyone and part annoyance from all the trash going around the internet about Vienna and the outrage some feel about his choice. He knows it's going to get worse after the finale, but basically, there hasn't been any deviation of his original message. It's his choice and he doesn't care what the public or the other women think of him. He's going with his heart, period.

  10. #30
    George: My Dream Hubby... mommadeb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Great Texas-Home of George Baby
    Age
    46
    Posts
    892

    Re: Jake's FRC and Beyond...

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3836900;
    Mommadeb, My thoughts exactly. I feel that they are engaged and currently together and Jake's demeanor it's part acting to make people believe he didn't choose anyone and part annoyance from all the trash going around the internet about Vienna and the outrage some feel about his choice. He knows it's going to get worse after the finale, but basically, there hasn't been any deviation of his original message. It's his choice and he doesn't care what the public or the other women think of him. He's going with his heart, period.
    Exactly how I feel, especially the bolded. Very nicely put
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Love many things, for therein lies the true strength.
    And whosoever loves much, performs much, and can accomplish much.
    And what is done in love is done well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.