Thread: Shows more Scripted????

Shows more Scripted????

Just wondering - having been into sleuthing since early on I am wondering,

Do you think the shows were just as scripted say back in Trista's season as they are now?

I can't help but wonder if all of you haven't gotten so good at "reading" the clues that you now seem to be able to out "fleiss" even the Fliessmonster himself and figure it out OR do you think you were so green at the early seasons that you may have missed it OR has Fleiss used your sleuthing to edit and re-edit things now that he may not have in the earlier seasons because he knows we are reading???

I for one, would have seen the dancing demo with Tenley last night as
    a sure sign that it was she, not Vienna as the final one. Especially since he did seem so into the demo. and I am not suer how many guys would be.

I was awake waiting for the snow last night and got to thinking he needs to come up with a "sign" as an acknowledgement to all you wonderful captains of detective work. You know sort of like having Jake say in a VO - "Boy Chris, we sure have those FORTER'S knickers in a twist, don't ya think?" And Chris could respond by tapping something out on the glass in morse code!!!

Re: Shows more Scripted????

I think the shows are MUCH more scripted now than earlier in the series. Last year I re-watched Alex's season and it was so very different. I have a feeling that it started out actually real and then they edited the "real stuff" that they shot. Now it seems to have evolved into something they create and produce to look as if it is real. One scene that really stuck out to me was Shannon's HTD. She was reunited with her dog and was so much more into him than into Alex. It was great!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3824085;

Do you think the shows were just as scripted say back in Trista's season as they are now?
    I think all reality TV has been manipulated from the get go and B's "story tellers" have definately been perfecting their craft over the years. So I'd say it was somewhat scripted but moreso today. The downfall is that because they have engineered personalities and storylines for drama/ratings, viewers now are suspicious over everything they see now. This type of programming has got to impode soon as viewers get fed up with the non-reality of it all.

i would say yes a little bit

but i also think people are more aware of it now

and the fact that these so called relationships end quicker than they began I think gave the gig up pretty fast

i'm actually amazed this show has survived given the fact that everyone knows its so scripted

but i guess that's what makes it good reality tv

Interesting question, nuts2uiam. I would say yes, more scripted than the early seasons. I'm sure they began with Alex knowing the twists and turns they'd like to see, but I think much of the drama in that first season was spontaneous. They knew what kind of woman Alex was attracted to, so they wouldn't have surprised he ended up with the sexually adventurous Amanda and Trista. I think as the seasons went on, however, the producers picked the scenario which had good fan reaction and ramped it up for the following season(s). There had been minor weirdos in the mix in every season, but the first true nutso (to me, anyway) was Trish in Jesse Palmer's season. We've seen a variant of Trish in every TB since - Michelle being the one this time. Can't remember, but I don't think there was a zipline date prior to Byron/Mary. Now we have a zip or bungee in every season. (I think they keep doing the helicopter date hoping someone puke his/her guts out as Alex did.)

I do believe their storyboards have gotten more detailed and more controlled as the show has aged. And, of course, their manipulations.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

I agree that the show is much more scripted now.
    If I remember correctly, it was in jeopardy of not being renewed for a while, then Fleiss saw what got notoriety & publicity: Villians, crazies, catfights, antics, & general trashiness. He started hiring "characters" rather than contestants.
    Then came the "twists", most of them pre-planned if not scripted. That brought even more publicity. Now the show is higher rated & not in jeopardy of being cancelled.
    He doesn't give a darn about love or the participants, just the almighty buck.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet;3826827;
    I agree that the show is much more scripted now.
    If I remember correctly, it was in jeopardy of not being renewed for a while, then Fleiss saw what got notoriety & publicity: Villians, crazies, catfights, antics, & general trashiness. He started hiring "characters" rather than contestants.
    Then came the "twists", most of them pre-planned if not scripted. That brought even more publicity. Now the show is higher rated & not in jeopardy of being cancelled.
    He doesn't give a darn about love or the participants, just the almighty buck.
    The whole thing has turned into just a major scripted cheese-fest. So, so, over that shark!

I am sorry...I just can't get into it anymore. And part of it has to do with casting those Gia-type Maxim models. It is just hard to wrap your head around a potential bride who spreads her legs and boobs on live video in such a sleezy fashion.

Just over it. . .!!!!!:nono
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3824085;

I can't help but wonder if all of you haven't gotten so good at "reading" the clues that you now seem to be able to out "fleiss" even the Fliessmonster himself and figure it out OR do you think you were so green at the early seasons that you may have missed it OR has Fleiss used your sleuthing to edit and re-edit things now that he may not have in the earlier seasons because he knows we are reading???

I for one, would have seen the dancing demo with Tenley last night as
    a sure sign that it was she, not Vienna as the final one. Especially since he did seem so into the demo. and I am not suer how many guys would be.

I was awake waiting for the snow last night and got to thinking he needs to come up with a "sign" as an acknowledgement to all you wonderful captains of detective work. You know sort of like having Jake say in a VO - "Boy Chris, we sure have those FORTER'S knickers in a twist, don't ya think?" And Chris could respond by tapping something out on the glass in morse code!!!

I just think the show is scripted and edited to make us think one thing but then it turns out to be another thing i would have wanted a different outcome but i guess beggars cant be chosers and with his final choice i hope it does work out but i have my doubts at the same time

I do think it's more scripted. There are so many examples, I don't know where to start!

What did it for me was the whole 'Who Has A Girlfriend' from Jillian's season. It was bad enough that whole episodes were focused on Wes, but then Jake had to get his mug back on TV just so there would be an excuse for him to be the next puppet.

For this season, the whole situation w/ Rozlyn is prime example of how scripted this show is. First of all, you are telling me that the women wouldn't have told Jake something if they felt that Rozlyn was having a thing w/ a producer? Why not? I mean, they did w/ Vienna and all she did was talk trash. Doesn't make sense and dumb to boot.

I say, if you are going to script it, script the dang thing right!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3833330;
    I do think it's more scripted. There are so many examples, I don't know where to start!

What did it for me was the whole 'Who Has A Girlfriend' from Jillian's season. It was bad enough that whole episodes were focused on Wes, but then Jake had to get his mug back on TV just so there would be an excuse for him to be the next puppet.

For this season, the whole situation w/ Rozlyn is prime example of how scripted this show is. First of all, you are telling me that the women wouldn't have told Jake something if they felt that Rozlyn was having a thing w/ a producer? Why not? I mean, they did w/ Vienna and all she did was talk trash. Doesn't make sense and dumb to boot.

I say, if you are going to script it, script the dang thing right!
    AMEN! I can get past the fact that it is scripted but I could write a better show than what TPTB does! They also need to vary the storylines... one season have it be about romance, another about drama, or heartbreak, etc... not the same, old same old!