Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb8/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb8/10

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3821925;
    Oh no, I think we all agree that we SEE it but that it is DISGUSTING! We just are trying to figure out WHAT on earth he sees and WHY? I'm not denying it. I totally see it. I view it more as sexual chemistry, as I can't see how they connect on any BRAIN wavelength.

So, I think it's more of trying to figure out what he sees and why he sees it. Granted, we are not Jake and I'm sure there will be a few responses of "It's his choice and let him be happy making it." But, we are all here to converse about the show and this is a legitimate topic. If you don't believe me, Twitter "Vienna" and see how many hits you get (99% of them are saying what I am saying). Must not be very many Vienna fans out there!
    It absolutely is a legitimate topic. It's one of the things that is really fascinating me this season. This is my first season on the boards while the show is airing. I felt Vienna was a good match for Jake early on simply because of Jake's stiff personality and Vienna's over-the-top personality. I thought Jake would be drawn to that and it would balance him out some. But I also have felt Vienna is a bit young for him and so probably not a good match in the long run. Not even sure a more mature Vienna would be a long term match.

But I've tried to keep an open mind because so many people see a connection with Ali. I'm not sure if it's because they LIKE Ali and DON'T like Vienna or if there was something I wasn't seeing. I've said several times I like Vienna and that I even think she is very pretty. I love her smile and I'm just naturally drawn to her personality. So, I do have a bias and tonight I felt Jake and Ali's time didn't measure up to Vienna's time with Jake. I watched the episode via a live stream first and then finally on TV when it aired in my time zone. I really focused on the end with Ali and Jake and the second time around I viewed it very differently. The first time around I felt Ali and Jake were horribly acting. The second time around the emotions seemed very genuine from both, especially at the beginning. Later though, during their talk during what was suppose to be the RC I felt that Ali was quite real but Jake was flat emotionally. He's very flat emotionally anyway but I think perhaps he'd had time to reconcile the fact that Ali was leaving and I think he was ok with it. That's a guess of course, but Ali's emotions did seem real and I do think Jake was very upset initially at the idea of her leaving.

So, my long winded comment here is all to say that within my own minds eye I can see the very same thing very differently when given a second viewing.

Just an interesting observation I thought... or not.

Cassie
    Tue 02/09/10 1:45 AM

Chris I’m extremely curious. Had Jake known then and there that Ali was the one for him, would he have been allowed to halt production and choose his F1 then and there? Was he given an option of telling her she was the F1 if he did indeed know at that moment that she was the girl for him? What consequences would Jake have been facing had he said “I’m not doing anymore episodes because I want to pick Ali now”? Seems like maybe Jake lost a girl he was really crazy about because of a contract commitment to you guys at the show.

My comment I left on Chris's blog hehehehe

FORT Fanatic

I might be chewed up and spit out when I say this but to me Vienna is ready for a real realationship now talking to her father tonight I got that sense and she is more sensible that is giving credit for. I dont think she is in this for a lark, she wants the husband and soon family that is the sense I get.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3821925;
    Oh no, I think we all agree that we SEE it but that it is DISGUSTING! We just are trying to figure out WHAT on earth he sees and WHY? I'm not denying it. I totally see it. I view it more as sexual chemistry, as I can't see how they connect on any BRAIN wavelength.
    I can see the vienna personality/brain/mind connection totally.

Vienna is outgoing and agressive sexually. Jake is shy. The guy never dated in high school. HIGH SCHOOl!...Remember jake and corrie on the boat...that was painful to watch. Two shy people will not work out.

Then jakes a simple country type guy... he said "poor vienna is not here to defend herself, bless her heart" in the comedy club date,...

Vienna seems the same...simple country girl.... not city bar hopping twittering texting type gia and ali seem like...

The problem with tenley is how can a guy pick a girl in love with her ex? I mean what if jake picks her then her ex wants her back?... she is not even mad at ex

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3822182;
    I might be chewed up and spit out when I say this but to me Vienna is ready for a real realationship now talking to her father tonight I got that sense and she is more sensible that is giving credit for. I dont think she is in this for a lark, she wants the husband and soon family that is the sense I get.
    I dunno. I think maybe she's growing tired of bossing daddy around and throwing his money down the toilet. Now she wants husband #2 to take for all he's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3822174;
    but as far as who is best for jake...i keep seeing him say things like "bless her heart" and such...the guy is simply not ali or gia's type...he is...um..."simple" only word comes to mind..."boring?" he's just not a "city" type person

that leaves vienna and tenley and tenley still in love with ex..only person left is vienna...vienna called out some of the fakes, the girls on show for fame etc at beginning and so girls turned on her... i dont think thats a character flaw in vienna... corrie said in interview she watched what she said around vienna cause V would call out people...but corrie still said she liked vienna
    So he picks her by default??

Y'know, Jake, you don't have to pick anyone.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3822179;
    Cassie
    Tue 02/09/10 1:45 AM

Chris Im extremely curious. Had Jake known then and there that Ali was the one for him, would he have been allowed to halt production and choose his F1 then and there? Was he given an option of telling her she was the F1 if he did indeed know at that moment that she was the girl for him? What consequences would Jake have been facing had he said Im not doing anymore episodes because I want to pick Ali now? Seems like maybe Jake lost a girl he was really crazy about because of a contract commitment to you guys at the show.

My comment I left on Chris's blog hehehehe
    I fully expect THAT will get a straight answer!
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3822188;
    I fully expect THAT will get a straight answer!
    Yeah I'm not really expecting it to but he can always throw some BS to us next week about it LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3822139;
    I think the bungee jump date showed vienna heart...she held jake as he trembled...she showed real concern for him...cradling him...go watch that date again..thats where jake fell in love with her

I laughed my behind off when I saw Bonnie Hunt's show and they showed a clip of last weeks show of Vienna when she went down to Jake's room and when he made her leave, she kissed him and when she turned her back, he wiped his mouth off. He didn't seem to like that kiss to much from his "future bride".

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3822203;
    I laughed my behind off when I saw Bonnie Hunt's show and they showed a clip of last weeks show of Vienna when she went down to Jake's room and when he made her leave, she kissed him and when she turned her back, he wiped his mouth off. He didn't seem to like that kiss to much from his "future bride".
    Yes, that was funny but he didn't seem to mind her kisses during the HTD when he knew Gia wasn't in the other room!

The whole Bonnie Hunt clip was funny - especially her spoof of the baby talk.