Page 53 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb8/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb8/10

Quote Originally Posted by dodie430;3821733;
    I'm just not getting this editing. Someone hit me with a frying pan or something. Alot of dislike for Vienna out there, and while I didn't find her HTD particularly horrible ... I didn't find it exactly endearing either. She's got a terrible case of "Poor-Princess-Penelope" syndrome, and infected her family as well.

That being said, with the Vienna dislike [soon to turn to Vienna incredulity] ... why attempt to still.... STILL .... on the way to FDs, make the viewer believe in an Ali and Jake ending with the phone call etc? It's not adding up to me.

I have to say that if TPTB fleissed RS.... I would bend over backwards laughing my butt off, and gain a new respect for those powers. Okay maybe respect is too strong a word.....lol. But the sheer brilliance [not to mention plotting/scheming] would be the high point of this season for me
    . I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3821714;
    Did anyone notice that when he hugged Ali on the couch he squinted his eyes really hard? It looked like he was trying to make tears fall...
    Given my personal "guy" experience with crying, I don't think it was trying to make them fall as much as it was trying to prevent them from falling.

This is of course taking into account that I'm choosing to accept the situation as it was presented and at face value.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3821718;
    Cold? He was honest. He said he was falling in love with her and wanted her to stay. It is not like he could have said turn off the cameras and gone "Hey Ali I am going to pick you as my F1 so stay and forget about your job".
    He told her he wanted her to stay on, but he couldn't guarantee her he would put a ring on her finger. We hear him say in VOs that he cares for her, but he is falling for others too. Now, he can't tell her he loves her, or she is the one; however, there are ways that he could have reassured her IF he had truly felt confident in himself that she was the one. They showed us that conversation with Chris Harrison about how awkward it would be if he decided on someone else for a reason. Jake was not that confident that Ali was THE ONE.

He could have said something like, "We had two dates, and of everyone I think of you all the time. I want to think of you for the rest of my life. Please give me that chance."

He didn't give her the reassurance because he wasn't confident enough that she was the one. When you put all of it together, what she said, he said, and what Chris Harrison said, that is what the edit is telling us.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3821745;
    I also found it interesting that Jake only asked Ali's and Tenley's family for their blessing if they got engaged
    Probably a result of editing.
    Jake most likely did this for all 4, but we were only shown those 2.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3821697;
    I totally think this is what they are doing. I also remember reading CH saying something to the effect of: we finally got one right this season. I'm wondering if he was talking about the storyline of merging these 2 stories. TPTB giving the public the ending that they always say they want but we have to go through drama to get it...can't just be handed a love story. After all, you have to go through h*ll and back for it to be a real love story, right?!?
    What hell did Jake go to and back with Vienna that it spells "love story" and getting it right if she is f1?

Jake telling Ali he wanted her to stay or he would be devastated, Ali doubting if she made the right decision, plus the "staged" phone call, if she showed up in that helicopter at the finale and he chose her in the end, it would be a "shocker" that would have the veteran sleuthers and posters heads spin 360 degrees.. Now that would be a "to hell and back" and finally moving on with the love of your life. He said something about a ring and looking her in the eye in a positive way. Was this the "comeback" Jake was talking about?

Did he ask for permission to marry from anyone but Tenley's Dad that was aired? The chemistry with Tenley and Gia seemed forced (decided to skip the Princess HTD) this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3821754;
    The only ones that they showed, not necessarily the only one. Remember Vienna F1 is supposed to be a shock.
    and the edit - i bet Jake's asking Viennas dad didnt make the cut... did you see the way he was leaning on dads bike? sheesh i wouldnt dare attempt that if i just met someones dad for the first time lol They must have made him feel at home somehow...at least comfortable enough to leave prints on dads hog!

No way could I read all 26 pages - so who would have gone tonight if Ali stayed? If I didn't know Vienna won, I would have said Vienna. After watching the end clip of Gia's mom and the card reading, I almost think it would have been Gia.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Ali seemed more devastated than Jake. But if he still misses her after a few days in paradise with those other girls then maybe they can have another shot. We'll just have to wait and see. They def. want us to think she is coming back! Are Jake's parents going to meet the f2. Maybe they will talk some sense into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3821745;
    I also found it interesting that Jake only asked Ali's and Tenley's family for their blessing if they got engaged
    Me too very telling. Also, I thought in that moment with Ali in her hometown date he was about to say "Marry Me Ali" , but stoped himself. I think he liked Tenely's dad more than he liked her. She talked about the ex-husband way too much and if I was Jake that would get very old.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3821737;
    I do that when I'm trying not to cry... and trust me, I've had to do that a lot in the last year and a half, where you try to almost will the tears not to fall.
    Sorry to hear of your pain. I hope you find peace. Love to you and a hug.