Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

FORT Fogey

Re: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

Not exactly ironic but a clash of contexts of some variety: Am I the only one who thought that, after hearing all along that the problem with Tenley's ex was his affair with another women, it was a very odd twist indeed to hear last night that the problem with Tenley's ex was that he allowed his parents to have too much say over all his decisions? So ... the conclusion one may draw from that is what? That he consulted with his parents who urged him to have an affair with another woman? What?

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3822509;
    Not exactly ironic but a clash of contexts of some variety: Am I the only one who thought that, after hearing all along that the problem with Tenley's ex was his affair with another women, it was a very odd twist indeed to hear last night that the problem with Tenley's ex was that he allowed his parents to have too much say over all his decisions? So ... the conclusion one may draw from that is what? That he consulted with his parents who urged him to have an affair with another woman? What?
    well the irony in that is that Jakes response was that I talk to my parents and have a good relationship with them, and Tenley said "thats great" lol

Tenley was just doing good old fashioned ex spouse bashing, and it kind of back fired. Maybe the irony could be also that Jake thinks all the girls who have turned him down in the past were very wrong and "nice guys finish last"...maybe thats why he says tenley's and his values are the same lol

I wonder if it will also be ironic that Jake, who continually talks about having his spouse's back and supporting her unconditionally (and vice versa), will have to put his money where his mouth is regarding that situation with all of Vienna's questionable behavior being the talk of the town. That is if they aren't already kaput.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by equus;3822565;
    well the irony in that is that Jakes response was that I talk to my parents and have a good relationship with them, and Tenley said "thats great" lol
    Good point. I was beginning to think that Jake could have noted that he was an axe murderer, and Tenley would have replied, "That's great. That makes you the perfect husband." .... Definitely ironic that despite Tenley's major checklist on what's required to prevent another of her marriages from going south, she's the one out of all these over-approving dames who most often seems to loudly assert that *whatever* Jake says is just perfection. The old rebounders' irony of falling into a relationship just as bad as your last in your haste to prove that the last one was a fluke, I guess. (although I think those two might actually get along fairly well if Tenley were *not* rebounding ...)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3822826;
    I wonder if it will also be ironic that Jake, who continually talks about having his spouse's back and supporting her unconditionally (and vice versa), will have to put his money where his mouth is regarding that situation with all of Vienna's questionable behavior being the talk of the town. That is if they aren't already kaput.
    Yep, I'd say that's a definite irony on the way, or one already in the hopper.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3822883;
    Good point. I was beginning to think that Jake could have noted that he was an axe murderer, and Tenley would have replied, "That's great. That makes you the perfect husband." .... Definitely ironic that despite Tenley's major checklist on what's required to prevent another of her marriages from going south, she's the one out of all these over-approving dames who most often seems to loudly assert that *whatever* Jake says is just perfection. The old rebounders' irony of falling into a relationship just as bad as your last in your haste to prove that the last one was a fluke, I guess. (although I think those two might actually get along fairly well if Tenley were *not* rebounding ...)
    I can see that they are trying to show us that the two of them share the same values, but I am also wondering if the parental advice is going to play in to down the road.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

The irony is this... the most hated becomes F1 and ends up looking like a princess while the most loved ends up looking like the black widow.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;3822883;
    I thought that was Vienna, with the un-challenging, puppy-like adoration. Tenley rolls with whatever and does so enthusiastically, but with Vienna he believes that he can actually do no wrong. (How does she do that? It would be a handy skill to have, if underhanded to actually use it.)

Excellent point. Jake will need to still be with Vienna at the AFTR airing or it will appear that he was lying about always having her back no matter what life threw at them. How is that for irony? So, I guess that we will see the "happy couple" making the rounds after the finale - unless there was no proposal. Jake could have given Vienna the "let's just date and see where it goes" scenario at the end, too. Who knows? Either way it will be interesting to see how TPTB spin it after the finale.

FORT Fanatic

If Jake, is strong man and really loves Vienna, then he will stand by her side because US, Weekly, has not showed any evidence of these accusations againt Vienna, only he said shes said.

Unlike last season of The Bachelorette, when they dropped the bomb on Ed, they had evidence ( text messages and photos), and Jillian, still stood by Ed's side.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789