Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

Re: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3817350;
    OMG 25 women going through menopause...the fighting would be epic...
    OK 1 mother of a good looking, successful son and 24 mothers desperate to marry off their daughters we live together under one roof while one mom/daughter combo is eliminated each week.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3816580;
    Cashfosho mentioned somewhere in one of these threads (I can't begin to imagine in what thread ) that Ali tried out to be on The Real World and came pretty close.

ETA; Thanks goodness for the option of looking for past posts by Cash....here is what she said:
    Ali can have the "best" of both reality tv worlds by being on the "The Bachelor Pad." From my understanding, that show will be a cross between the B/ette and The Real World with the house occupants being past "contestants" from this cheesy franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3817138;
    I don't make much of the Jake/Wes irony, if any. Seems at best a minor plot line.

But I would like to say that the producers seem to be going for an "irony" of sorts this season.

1. Cast a guy who tells everyone he was nominated by his church to restore family values to the franchise, not interested in "making babies" in the Fantasy Suites, and
    2. Marry him up with Nice Girls (virgins, girls who were cheated on by Bad Husbands and Bad Boyfriends, lovely Christian ladies like Ella) vs. Vixens (Rozlyn -- cheater, Gia --Maxim model, Vienna - [you can fill in the blanks])
    3. In a shocking twist -- shazam! revealing the hypocrisy of his religious values [welcome to HOLLYWOOD, all!)-- the guy picks Vienna. Vienna's charater is portrayed on the show and in carefully leaked "scandals" as a 23 year old divorcee with ex boyfriends and husbands and sex tapes and nude photos, a Paris Hilton complex and bad plastic surgery funded by a petty theft.

It's the perfect and pre-ordained Hollywood ending, given the Ever So Cynical Decision to cast a "perfect" Christian male in this Mike Fleiss production.
    Seriously, are there some sex tapes of Vienna floating around? If so, can it possibly get any worse?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3817736;
    Seriously, are there some sex tapes of Vienna floating around? If so, can it possibly get any worse?
    Please don't tempt fate. :nono You know if you ask that, something worse will come out and we just won't be able to control our curiosity and will end up torturing our eyeballs with it.

I'm knocking on wood and throwing all those grains of salt over my shoulder!!!

Originally Posted by Longhornfan
    Please don't tempt fate. You know if you ask that, something worse will come out and we just won't be able to control our curiosity and will end up torturing our eyeballs with it.

Without a doubt many will be wearing their "corrective lenses"
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-05-2010 at 09:54 AM.

The irony of the show is going on the Bachelorette as a contestant just to get the part as the Bachelor. Then as the Bachelor falling for a girl that went on the Bachelor to get the part as the Bachelorette.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3818987;
    The irony of the show is going on the Bachelorette as a contestant just to get the part as the Bachelor. Then as the Bachelor falling for a girl that went on the Bachelor to get the part as the Bachelorette.
    Could be called musical chairs, IOW, what goes around.......

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3818999;
    Could be called musical chairs, IOW, what goes around.......
    All hear is that song by Justin Timberlake... "what goes around":

chorus:
    What goes around, goes around, goes around
    Comes all the way back around....

Irony at it's best!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

That sounds like a pretty good signature line to me!