Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

Re: Irony in the Bachelor ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3816577;
    Did RS specify what reality shows Ali applied for before going on The Bachelor? Does anyone know for sure that she did try to get on other shows?
    Cashfosho mentioned somewhere in one of these threads (I can't begin to imagine in what thread ) that Ali tried out to be on The Real World and came pretty close.

ETA; Thanks goodness for the option of looking for past posts by Cash....here is what she said:

I didn't see this answered, but I know for sure Ali tried out for The Real World this past summer. And she supposedly got pretty far along in the process. That was in May/June. Not sure about any other shows, though. Just know about the Real World.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3816580;
    Cashfosho mentioned somewhere in one of these threads (I can't begin to imagine in what thread ) that Ali applied to be on The Real World and came pretty close.
    that show is full of crazies, drunkenness, fighting, sleeping around.. if this is true then oh yeah, Ali's real mature that's for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3816582;
    that show is full of crazies, drunkenness, fighting, sleeping around.. if this is true then oh yeah, Ali's real mature that's for sure...
    haha SHE'S LEAVING!!! she realizes she does not want to marry Jake so she leaves out of respect for him and the other girls.. hmm sounds like a mature decision to me.. unlike Vienna who is just waiting around for her Neil Lane ring so she can pawn it for who knows what... lip injections maybe. What do you expect from a bunch of women in their early 20's this show is a joke!!

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3816582;
    So Ali wanted to appear on a reality show before the Bachelor and maybe this is just another reality show or "game" to her. Hence she backed out before the chance of her being F1? I think the irony here is that Ali could have been a paid contestant this season and is here to cause drama just to make her dramatic exit before the real "fantasy" dates begin.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3816586;
    So Ali wanted to appear on a reality show before the Bachelor and maybe this is just another reality show or "game" to her. Hence she backed out before the chance of her being F1? I think the irony here is that Ali could have been a paid contestant this season and is here to cause drama just to make her dramatic exit before the real "fantasy" dates begin.
    is the currency in the form of the next bachelorette... I guess we will have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3816526;
    It looks like it backfired on Jake. So becareful what you wish for.
    This I agree with on both parts. I have always been told to be carefull of what you wish for and "pray" for because you just might get it but not the way you wanted it.
    It's got to be love.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3816585;
    haha SHE'S LEAVING!!! she realizes she does not want to marry Jake so she leaves out of respect for him and the other girls.. hmm sounds like a mature decision to me.. unlike Vienna who is just waiting around for her Neil Lane ring so she can pawn it for who knows what... lip injections maybe. What do you expect from a bunch of women in their early 20's this show is a joke!!
    Vienna would only get to keep the ring if they stay together long enough to tape the AFRC(which should be within the next couple of weeks) Im not sure if it could actually be longer than that, Im sure there are posters here who can correct me. Since the Sarah Stone incident ABC became more guarded with the ring.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3815881;
    Jake did listen to what the girls had to say about Vienna.

He even thanked Jessie on her way out of the door.

However, he has made a point to make it clear more than once that although Vienna may be those things to those girls, she is something else to him, and he likes what she is to him.Moreover, to him that is what counts.

This only speaks of the situation as we know it now and not of any future dynamics which may result.
    Interesting how Jake did the same thing the "other women" on this show who warned him only on Jillian's season.

Curious what Jillian and Ed's comments on Vienna were to Jake.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3816608;
    Interesting how Jake did the same thing the "other women" on this show who warned him only on Jillian's season.

Curious what Jillian and Ed's comments on Vienna were to Jake.
    My point is that Jake acted like a typical male: How does this woman impact me? (not you) That is the bottom line here.

It does need to be noted for clarity that although he acted in true male fashion, he DID however listen to the women - as was particularly emphasized by the comment made to the departing Jessie .

Whether he pays for it later is a different discussion.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3816598;
    Vienna would only get to keep the ring if they stay together long enough to tape the AFRC(which should be within the next couple of weeks) Im not sure if it could actually be longer than that, Im sure there are posters here who can correct me. Since the Sarah Stone incident ABC became more guarded with the ring.
    I thought they were even more serious. I thought they had to get married in two years, or the ring became ABC's again.