Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb1/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb1/10

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3814921;
    Well, the showed just wrapped up out here on the west coast. I enjoyed this week more than I have the last couple of weeks. I'm glad the cattiness is calming down. Very sorry to see Corrie go - I really think she's a gem. I think Jake and Tenley have great chemistry together. I love seeing them together. Gia - love her but don't see her as a fit for Jake. Ali - I see chemistry there but I think Ali is a very modern woman and I don't think that would work for Jake over the long term - or Ali either. Vienna of course is controversial but I like her despite her faults and feel she's been taken to the woodshed with the edit. There's no way Corrie didn't give Vienna a hug on the way out tonight. She has too much class to snub someone like that. So another editing hatchet job aimed squarely at Vienna.

Breathing a sigh of relief now that the girls will no longer be under the same roof. I hope most of the ugly editing is over finally.
    I second everything you said!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jenn♥love;3814945;
    Didn't Vienna write that after her 1st blowout with Gia and Ella a few episodes ago? I thought she went up to her room to pout and was writing it then.
    I thought the hotel room she was in when she was writing the note was the Mark Hopkins in S.F., which is where they were tonight.

Here's the screencap. Isn't that her purple tank on the chair that she wore in on the 2:1 date?

I'm not positive, anyone else know?

I haven't posted on this season at all because it hasn't been that interesting to me but here's my thoughts anyway, lol. Jake is not very mature for his age and is attracted to these mostly very young girls. He doesn't seem to see himself as someone who is attractive enough for the really pretty girls. He is a bit overwhelmed with the attention from them but isn't really comfortable and feels that they are really out of his league. Vienna is not the most conventionally pretty girl there and he has a comfort level about that.

The girls he has chosen, other than Gia, seem to be less mature than even their ages would suggest. Corrie seemed very young tonight on her date. I didn't get a sense of much attraction between them and they couldn't even find anything to talk about. Her being a virgin wasn't really an issue because I think he had already figured out that they were not a good fit before they had that conversation. Tenley is actually probably a pretty good fit for him maturity wise and they looked cute together and seemed to relate fairly easily. But, I think he sees her as someone who wouldn't date him outside of this show and therefor he will have doubts about her. I really like Gia and I think Jake likes her too but she is much more mature than he is and I don't think he is really at her level emotionally. Ali is not a good fit for him either. While she is not very mature and she is pretty, she is also kind of the "mean girl" of the group. She took an early dislike to Vienna and pushed others to join her. Her meltdown about Vienna getting a rose last week showed her lack of maturity in a big way and the out loud complaining about it was just rude and nasty. Sorry, I know she is a favorite to a lot of people here but there is no excuse for such behavior no matter how much you dislike someone.

And there is Vienna. Vienna is immature and speaks without thinking but I don't think she is mean. I also don't think all the girls hate her and many of those who left already have said they got along fine with her. I think the animosity is really between Ali and Vienna with a few of Ali's friends joining in at Ali's urging. Vienna is not a particularly pretty girl and I think that works in her favor with Jake. Jake is not secure about his attractiveness and I'm sure he finds Vienna to be more like the type of girl he feels is "in his league". Then their first date, the bungee jump, showed that while she can be spoiled acting at times, she can also be caring. She really did help Jake through his fear and didn't turn away from him for being "unmanly". He has shown her a weakness and it drew them closer instead of driving her away. Add in the adrenaline from the bungee jump that can be something that bonds people and that date was very hard to top for anyone else. Vienna hasn't stopped showing her affection for Jake even though her time in the house was not always pleasant thanks to the animosity from Ali. And yes, I think it has been more Ali than Vienna who has caused the problem.

Ali has shown over the top reactions to Vienna from the beginning. I am sure Vienna said some things she shouldn't have and that she was annoying in her talking about that first date and how well it went but I haven't seen anything malicious from her or out of the ordinary from what others have said and done in other seasons. But, when you throw in girls vying for the same guy and in this case, very young, rather immature girls, tensions will rise and it's not unusual for some to gang up on one girl who is seen as different or just easy pickings. It happens in high school every day. Like I said, Vienna is immature too and needs to learn to not let everything she is thinking out of her mouth, but she doesn't seem mean, just thoughtless. Ali seems more vindictive in her differences with Vienna. Even when pressed she can't say anything really bad about Vienna, just that she talked about the other girls and went on too much about how much she likes Jake. None of that seems enough to warrant the nastiness Ali has shown toward Vienna. And that nastiness is not going to endear her to Jake. Jake likes Vienna. Ali just makes him want to protect and defend Vienna because none of the girls who talked to him about her could ever come up with any good reasons for why they think she's so terrible including Ali. Ali also made a mistake when asked to describe a typical Sunday for Jake. Jake has said his number one value is faith but Ali's first thing to do on a Sunday is to check her e-mail about work. That shows a fundamental difference in their life priorities and it didn't look like Jake missed that judging from his expression and asking her if she works 7 days a week?

More in Vienna's favor is that I don't think she is very worldly. She said she had never been to a big city before and lots of things seem to be firsts for her on this show. I think Jake likes that as it allows him to be the leader, the protector and teacher and that is a role he seems to like. It may also be one of the reasons he is attracted to the younger women as they are more likely to be less experienced and allow him to have that role. Now, while I can easily see Vienna being the one he chooses I don't know if it will last or not. She is very young and has a lot of growing up to do before she is likely to be ready for marriage. But, I also think Jake could use a bit more maturing himself so maybe they can do that together and it will end up working out after all.

Really, I don't care much about Jake or Vienna or Alli or any of them on a personal basis but I always hope for the best for whatever couple ends up at the end of the show. If it is Vienna and Jake, I think they stand as much chance as any other couple from this show and hope they are happy. If the spoilers are wrong and he chooses someone else then I hope it works for them too.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by carolina71;3814912;
    I don't post hardly ever ! But, I have to agree.

Vienna is not pretty, not cute. I swear she has crossed eyes - nothing special at all !

Add the personality and you have a day old trout that's been in the sun too long.

He should chose Gia.
    Every time I look at Vienna, I think she has crossed eyes - but I don't even know what that means. Does she see double? In black and white like a dog? Did someone slap her hard on the back when her eyes were crossed as a kid?
    Seriously, I don't get it.

FORT Fan

Well, ever since I read on this site that Vienna is the F-1 I have had such a difficult time understanding it. Then tonight my husband came through the room as I was watching. It was the date with Vienna and Gia. My husband said, "He picks the blond because she has big ta-ta s."

No further discussion is needed on this subject. I don't know why we all didn't see it earlier.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3814958;
    Every time I look at Vienna, I think she has crossed eyes - but I don't even know what that means. Does she see double? In black and white like a dog? Did someone slap her hard on the back when her eyes were crossed as a kid?
    I love reading your comments, sdl. LOL!!

Well, I posted this on the SC comments thread but wanted to put it here too because this was mentioned earlier in this thread:

You know the dried rose that hangs over Jake's bed that he says always stays there? Could that be the rose from next week's RC that he would have given to Ali if there had been a rose ceremony? Just all of the talk about, "Maybe I will leave my heart in SF" made me think, maybe he really doesn't pick anyone. He didn't get over Ali leaving? And just FYI: I'm not Team Ali or Team Vienna or Team Anybody. Trying really hard to be objective.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3814795;
    What if someone from Ali's past comes back and that's why she leaves? I mean why would Jake be heartbroken if Ali left for her job? Wouldn't he want her to be successful? Especially if he really had his heart set on Vienna all along???
    This has to be it. Re-watching Jake and Ali's date: she was wayyyyyyyy into him. She was ga-ga all night and seemed to be myopic when it comes to Jake. How to do an abrupt 360 in 7 days time?

It makes no sense that she opts out unless some outside force is at work here.

So much of Ali reminds me of Melissa R and I am only speculating but the only thing I can come up with it is the "old boyfriend" makes his play while they are in SF from HTD.

She can't possibly go from "full steam ahead" in episode 8 to "i gotta leave for work" in ep 9 unless something "exernal" from the show influenced her. Old boyfriend? What else?

You know, I keep going over and over this whole season in my head and it's just plain bizarre. Why make the F1 out to be so... obnoxious, to put it mildly? I have tried very hard to remain objective this season, but tonight's episode is just the latest to make me mutter at my TV in sheer irritation. I can't remember ever having such a negative reaction to any of the people on this show as I do to Vienna. And goodness knows I loathed TV Ed and TV Jason. My dislike of what I see of Vienna is how I felt about them times 1000x.

So, what I keep coming back to is why? Why is she being edited in a way that so many people have an ick reaction to her? Even if she's as bad as the girls acted like/said, they could have edited that out to get their F1 ending. They could've portrayed her as a bit of a ditz as they did in the first episode IMO, but they chose to go the nastier route. So what is the point of portraying her as "Pure Evil" and having "claws"? Is it to make Jake look like a moron? Well, if that's the case, then they sure accomplished that. The man tonight sounded like a dummy. "Multiple women have told me variations of the same thing, but I see it differently, and hey, she cries and acts hurt about it all, so everyone's wrong but ME!" Um, alrighty then.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3814958;
    Every time I see Vienna I see a costume store version of a Heidi Montag mask. (PRE plastic surgery)

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by missy1234;3814961;
    I love reading your comments, sdl. LOL!!

Well, I posted this on the SC comments thread but wanted to put it here too because this was mentioned earlier in this thread:

You know the dried rose that hangs over Jake's bed that he says always stays there? Could that be the rose from next week's RC that he would have given to Ali if there had been a rose ceremony? Just all of the talk about, "Maybe I will leave my heart in SF" made me think, maybe he really doesn't pick anyone. He didn't get over Ali leaving? And just FYI: I'm not Team Ali or Team Vienna or Team Anybody. Trying really hard to be objective.

I have been thinking about the rose also. But I was thinking that Ali gave it to him on their date in SF, where he got her flowers. And why I think this, is because in Ali's intro at the very beginning, isn't she wearing the same outfit she has on in the date tonight? And in her intro she picks up a rose. And isn't Jake in the same clothes as well for part of his intro?