Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb1/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Feb1/10

Finally watched the show - and had a long thought on how each lady interacted with Jake.

Tenley - it looked sweet but she still seems so immature, in spite of her divorce. I am also not quite sure there is a real romantic spark there.

Corrie - I will give Jake a pass on her. Even though it is easy to criticize him for turning a virgin away after talking about God, etc. I really felt they had the least in common. I don't even think there was a physical attraction.

Vienna - definitely fun but immature in so many ways (and out of politeness, I won't even touch on her physical appearance tonight). If Jake wasn't planning a marriage out of this, I can see choosing her as a "safe" choice for a few months dating.

Gia - strong chemistry but I suspect it's all physical on Jake's part and all excitement on Gia's. Still one of only two mature ladies that remain.

Ali - mixed signals on this one - I am not clearly seeing the love. Physical attraction is there, maturity level is OK but I am not sure that they are really compatible. She may be too strongheaded for Jake, and he may be too "country" for her (I thought her "two homes" comment about Dallas and SF was telling). Still with the TPTB edit there could be a real love story there.

So, with this insight and knowledge, I am willing to predict the two possible outcomes. Either there is no wife material and Jake will choose no one or possibly pick Vienna to date for a while and have some easy-going fun, or the Ali connection is really there, but severely edited down and she does indeed come back at the ATFR. To be honest, I am nor even seeing that one, but I am almost positive now that neither Tenley nor Gia are the F1, pre or post FRC!

FORT Fogey

Did they not show Vienna writing Jake the "If you're reading this" note at the hotel? Is that another preview they just teased with, like the Tenley "I'm pregnant" one?

I think it's pretty obvious Ali bows out at his hotel room in LA before the next ceremony -- she goes there to tell him not to pick her . Maybe the producers, who obviously knew about it since it was filmed, tell her she has to go through the rose ceremony, but when Chris is told, he and the bigger execs decide to shelve the actual giving of roses. That way after it's all over, they can use it as another example of how the show isn't "fake" or "scripted." Ali looked totally uncomfortable in the rose ceremony shot. Jake probably then walks Ali out, which is the shot we've seen of him closing the limo door outside the Beverly Wilshire.

I wonder, if Ali didn't bow out, which one he would have let go? And whether that person knew they would have been cut if Ali hadn't left.

Well, the showed just wrapped up out here on the west coast. I enjoyed this week more than I have the last couple of weeks. I'm glad the cattiness is calming down. Very sorry to see Corrie go - I really think she's a gem. I think Jake and Tenley have great chemistry together. I love seeing them together. Gia - love her but don't see her as a fit for Jake. Ali - I see chemistry there but I think Ali is a very modern woman and I don't think that would work for Jake over the long term - or Ali either. Vienna of course is controversial but I like her despite her faults and feel she's been taken to the woodshed with the edit. There's no way Corrie didn't give Vienna a hug on the way out tonight. She has too much class to snub someone like that. So another editing hatchet job aimed squarely at Vienna.

Breathing a sigh of relief now that the girls will no longer be under the same roof. I hope most of the ugly editing is over finally.

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3814902;
    Vienna is dramatic, silly, and immature BUT she does seem to give Jake what he needs, which as he told Ali (loved the look on her face!) was honesty and her sincere desire to be there for him. Now Ali fans will see it as the default F1 (and who knows, after next week I might see that as well depending on how it plays out) but there`s no denying that Jake feels something for Vienna and if he does choose her, despite all the gossip and warnings from the other girls, well then perhaps he wants to take a chance on her. It`s pretty obvious from the comments on here tonight that this will rub a lot of people the wrong way, but if they do make it work I guess they won`t care...and if they crash and burn like most of these couples do, we`ll mostly forget about them when the next season starts.

So Vienna, go for it, get your guy, and good luck to the both of you.
    I am probably one of the few who agree with you. I just listened tonight - I did not watch. His time with Tenley was sincere. I did not hear any real affection in Ali's voice. She said all the right things, but it sounded devoid of any feeling. I don't think she had a hard time choosing work over Jake -she almost said as such on their date. I heard affection with Gia as well. But I've felt all along that Vienna was the one after their bungee jump. Jake was right when he said he pulled back a little - but after this date, he's going to jump right into waiting arms. I too hope it's real for them and good luck (but I'm not holding my breath).

Best line of the night.... Gia to Vienna as she's leaving dinner for some 1:1 time with Jake: "You can eat my salmon."....
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3814768;
    It's all about which girl plays up to his ego the most, and that is Vienna. She looks at him adoringly, says what he wants to hear, chases him around, slobbers all over him. What Jake knows about relationships and choosing a lifemate could fit on the head of a pin.
    I couldn't agree more so much for checking your pride at the door! His ego gets really inflated with Vienna saying everything he wants to hear. drool,drool.

FORT Fogey

One other thing struck me as odd -- Vienna's pi's after her alone time in Jake's room. They only showed us a few seconds of them on the balcony, but before, Vienna says she had been bummed about not seeing Jake since their date, and was really cranky, while afterwards she says Jake really made up for it. Jake, after their alone time, says he's just decided to stop holding back with Vienna and go for it. I wonder what really happened during this "alone time." Seems like much more than they showed us.

A few last thoughts. On Ali: She was all about her and her city and Jake seeing her neighborhood and her life. She didn't seem interested in Jake's life at all, or in moving to TX. She's really just thinking about adding Jake to her life, not making a life with him. On Tenley: She's too needy and young to be married to someone who travels all the time. She wants to be a homebody and have someone home for dinner every night. On Vienna: She's the only one who said she loves to travel. Jake has very little to offer other than the free travel benefits he gets from being a pilot. As to Gia, she'd go crazy in Texas. I know she has the "sweet and generous" edit, but I think she's much more sophisticated and big city-oriented than she lets on, and I can't help but wonder if she hangs in there thinking this could lead to big things for her, the same way it did for Melissa. DWTS or bigger modeling gigs, or an acting gig.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3814919;
    Did they not show Vienna writing Jake the "If you're reading this" note at the hotel? Is that another preview they just teased with, like the Tenley "I'm pregnant" one?
    Didn't Vienna write that after her 1st blowout with Gia and Ella a few episodes ago? I thought she went up to her room to pout and was writing it then.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3814826;
    I really wonder if they are still together. I wish the ATFR show would be next week.

Me too! I really think I should just start to love whoever is portaid the worst in the show cause thats how you know they will be F1!!! Alot of people didn't like Ed for F1 either!

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3814944;
    One other thing struck me as odd -- Vienna's pi's after her alone time in Jake's room. They only showed us a few seconds of them on the balcony, but before, Vienna says she had been bummed about not seeing Jake since their date, and was really cranky, while afterwards she says Jake really made up for it. Jake, after their alone time, says he's just decided to stop holding back with Vienna and go for it. I wonder what really happened during this "alone time." Seems like much more than they showed us.

A few last thoughts. On Ali: She was all about her and her city and Jake seeing her neighborhood and her life. She didn't seem interested in Jake's life at all, or in moving to TX. She's really just thinking about adding Jake to her life, not making a life with him. On Tenley: She's too needy and young to be married to someone who travels all the time. She wants to be a homebody and have someone home for dinner every night. On Vienna: She's the only one who said she loves to travel. Jake has very little to offer other than the free travel benefits he gets from being a pilot. As to Gia, she'd go crazy in Texas. I know she has the "sweet and generous" edit, but I think she's much more sophisticated and big city-oriented than she lets on, and I can't help but wonder if she hangs in there thinking this could lead to big things for her, the same way it did for Melissa. DWTS or bigger modeling gigs, or an acting gig.

Good observation! I think that Ali is to much for Jake and Veinna is too little i'll be suprised if they are together she seems very needy to me.