Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3808276;

In the meantime, because I so dont care about the outcome I am enjoying every minute of this ludicrous show!

Which is why we are only seeing the girls attack each other. There is no relationship with Jake and so they had to find something to keep viewers interested this season.

As I mentioned earlier - there were scenes tonight with Ali and Tenly and Vienna on the couch together laughing and talking. The drama is not what they are showing - we are seeing a produced show with fake drama.

So easy to get the responses.

Producer: Ali if you went on a 2-1 date with Vienna who would come home.
    Ali: Me -I would take one for the team quote.

Producer: Do you think Vienna should go home.
    Ali: Yes - I have said it a million times - Vienna should go home

Producer: So if he keeps Vienna - would you leave?
    Ali: No - I would politley accept my rose and we would have a talking to later.

This line of questioning is asked all the time on the show - a ton of former contestants will tell you this and they also say that they are held hostage until they give the footage the producer wants. Ali doesn't like Vienna and doesn't mind saying it when asked. But she also has voiced these concerns directly to Vienna. Thus why they can sit on a couch and laugh together.

While I am sure that Ali complained about Vienna - odds are she talked about for about 10 minutes a day and that is the only footage we are getting.

Can anyone guess Ali's favorite color?

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3808296;
    Can anyone guess Ali's favorite color?
    Yellow!!!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr
    Oh, yeah, I forgot about that! I don't know what scene was more awkward, that one or the one with Ashleigh.
    Of course they wouldn't show the actual shooting of the Jake/Tenley kiss when they tried to be romantic. It is easy to see from the camera angle that if Tenley were to bend over, Jake would get a mouthful of ta ta's. I think that is why the edit and then Tenley laughing as she says "you'd better sit up".

[QUOTE=ramanusia;3807968;] My assessment of Vienna (the real girl, not the character), is that she's really is just the ditzy, self centered chick, who hopefully will one day grow up to realize that other people also have feelings that should be respected.QUOTE]

One of the other girls mentioned something tonight about every time a girl starts to say something, Vienna tries to "one-up" her (not those exact words but something like that). That is a sign of immaturity. This girl is not ready to settle down.

Now the edit - which I don't trust! If Vienna is truly F1 and Jake's feelings are "real," then he has already decided this and is going through the motions. The quote about his making "unpopular" choices coming up is leading me to believe this. If he did say that at that time (and I'm not sure about that), then he knows. No matter how she is with the other girls, his FEELINGS for her are all that matter. I still think a sensible guy IRL would take everything else into consideration.

Maybe Vienna was told to act this way by TPTB and the other girls don't know this?

I like him. I can certainly see chemistry with Ali. I think when he talked about some of the girls being out of his league at the first cocktail party, Gia was one of the ones he meant. I see chemistry with her too. Tenley - although I think she's wonderful, I think Jake sees her more as "the one with the heart of gold." I haven't seen enough of Corrie to see their chemistry.

I'm thinking I won't like how this ends. Jake basically told us we wouldn't. Was the "I hope she says yes" soundbite referrring to a rose or a proposal? And, of course, is that really his final, final choice?

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I read the comments up to the end of the show but don't know if anyone has discussed the fountain talk with Chris - at least the beginning of it where Jake asks if he has to give out ANY more roses. He was ready to let all three remaining women go - including Vienna. There must have been a cut where it was explained to him that he couldn't cut to the F4 at that stage of the game then picked up again with Chris talking to him about sending two home and giving out one rose. If not for having to give out that ONE rose, I think Vienna would no longer be on the show. He was ready to release Ashleigh (crickets) and Jessie (sweet but no spark) and Vienna was on the cusp. Since they needed at least five for the next episode, he reluctantly (from what I saw) chose Vienna.

From the previews he doesn't look too happy that exuberant Vienna crashes his bedroom at the winery - ahh...they do an overnight at the winery...I wondered if one of Vienna's PIs might not be from there (in a bedroom setting.) OR if not the winery, an Inn close by...in other words they do not return to SF immediately after the date.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3808308;
    I read the comments up to the end of the show but don't know if anyone has discussed the fountain talk with Chris - at least the beginning of it where Jake asks if he has to give out ANY more roses. He was ready to let all three remaining women go - including Vienna. There must have been a cut where it was explained to him that he couldn't cut to the F4 at that stage of the game then picked up again with Chris talking to him about sending two home and giving out one rose. If not for having to give out that ONE rose, I think Vienna would no longer be on the show. He was ready to release Ashleigh (crickets) and Jessie (sweet but no spark) and Vienna was on the cusp. Since they needed at least five for the next episode, he reluctantly (from what I saw) chose Vienna.

From the previews he doesn't look too happy that exuberant Vienna crashes his bedroom at the winery - ahh...they do an overnight at the winery...I wondered if one of Vienna's PIs might not be from there (in a bedroom setting.) OR if not the winery, an Inn close by...in other words they do not return to SF immediately after the date.
    I don't remember his exact words. Does he ask if he has to give out ANY more roses, or does he ask if he has to give out TWO more roses? I thought he meant that he wanted to give out one, but not two. I could be wrong, without the exact quote.

Chris's blog is up on EW. much ado about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3808311;
    I don't remember his exact words. Does he ask if he has to give out ANY more roses, or does he ask if he has to give out TWO more roses? I thought he meant that he wanted to give out one, but not two. I could be wrong, without the exact quote.
    You are correct, he only wanted to give out one more. Two women go home instead of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3808308;

I just rewatched that segment because I didn't remember it that way. Jake asked Chris what would he do if he knew only one girl was suppose to go home but that he felt pretty sure he was ready to let 2 go. (very loosly paraphrased). Chris asked him what he was asking and Jake said do I have to give out two more roses - meaning he only wanted to give out one more, not that he didn't want to give out ANY more.

ETA: Oops - was slow on that reply I guess. Sorry.