Page 63 of 71 FirstFirst ... 1353545556575859606162636465666768697071 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3808212;
    but the problem for me is that Vienna is also doing her share of making some very catty remarks about Ali in the PI's as well.
    What about the way she bashed Gia when from what I saw Gia was one of the only ones being nice to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3808217;
    What about the way she bashed Gia when from what I saw Gia was one of the only ones being nice to her?
    That verses what everyone else has said about her doesn't even things out. I don't know, it's the editing. I don't feel like we know these girls like we have in past seasons, except for their dislike for one another.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3808051;
    Whew! took me over an hour to read the comments. Some had some interesting perspective. I would like to put my 2 cents in regarding the Ali and Vienna feud, because I have lived through one.
    When I was at college (living in the dorm) we had an Ali and a Vienna. "Ali" was the campus cutie, no shortage of dates, lots of friends and got along with everyone. She was an absolute delight. "Vienna" was a spoiled brat. She was the only girl in a family of 3 generations (other than in-laws) and presented herself as the "know all be all" nasty gossiper. "Vienna" seemed to go out of her way to antagonize and belittle people - just for fun. "Ali" got tired really fast of seeing people that she cared for being treated like that. And so "Ali" made a point of calling "Vienna" out whenever "Vienna" stepped out of line. It didn't take long before others jumped right in and also called "Vienna" out. "Vienna" went crying to the powers that be to say she was being bullied by everyone, that she had done nothing wrong. As the dorm head, I had to go before the faculty and be neutral and talk about my observations. I agreed that things had gotten out of hand and yes, "Vienna" was being picked on. But I also had to refer back to "Vienna's" behavior and say that she was the root cause of it. I also had to point out that it was not "Ali's" battle to fight. And that what was meant to be a help had turned out to be nastiness. We had to separate the girls into different dorms and of course no one wanted "Ali" to leave. So of course, "Vienna" stayed and nothing got resolved. "Vienna" felt like she had won and had no problem in proclaiming it as such which did not earn her any friends. It was a horrid 2nd semester. 2nd year, "Vienna" was denied dorm housing but offered "single" college apartment. I saw sides of "Ali" that I had never seen before and did not like, however I also saw the debris that "Vienna" left in her wake with her nastiness and could understand why that side came out.
    Personally, I see TB Vienna as pushing Ali's buttons just because she can. And if she has heard Ali's comments about not staying if Vienna stays - more the reason to get rid of her. Vienna sees Ali and Tenley as her biggest competition. Why not do everything to drive them out.
    Excellent parallel, I think you've got it!

Quote Originally Posted by chaslom4;3808212;
    but the problem for me is that Vienna is also doing her share of making some very catty remarks about Ali in the PI's as well.
    I'm not sure that I blame her for that. There is obviously bad blood there because they have had it out in the house. Ali wasn't too subtle when she told her that she didn't have a problem with another girl going on a 1:1 date with Jake, but she had a problem with her (Vienna) going on it and coming home with a rose. And she backed it up by saying, "forgive me girls but" I can basically speak for all of us here and ... well we hate you.

That's the edit I'm getting and the show tonight didn't change that. Its only my opinion but Ali is (fairly or not) being painted as a b*tch. Vienna is being painted as a ditzy blonde that is misunderstood and maybe that is fair. I don't know.

I also saw the gang mentality tonight once again, and for me personally I don't like that sort of behavior. That's just me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3808225;
    I'm not sure that I blame her for that. There is obviously bad blood there because they have had it out in the house. Ali wasn't too subtle when she told her that she didn't have a problem with another girl going on a 1:1 date with Jake, but she had a problem with her (Vienna) going on it and coming home with a rose. And she backed it up by saying, "forgive me girls but" I can basically speak for all of us here and ... well we hate you.

That's the edit I'm getting and the show tonight didn't change that. Its only my opinion but Ali is (fairly or not) being painted as a b*tch. Vienna is being painted as a ditzy blonde that is misunderstood and maybe that is fair. I don't know.

I also saw the gang mentality tonight once again, and for me personally I don't like that sort of behavior. That's just me.
    That's why I'd rather watch one B'ette and 25 guys. They would just sit back, have a beer and talk about sports. Without shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3808228;
    That's why I'd rather watch one B'ette and 25 guys. They would just sit back, have a beer and talk about sports. Without shirts.
    So agree. I have lived through too many cat fights to want to watch this one play out each week.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how I just loved that whole hide-and-seek sequence!!

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3808228;
    Absolutely!!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3808231;
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how I just loved that whole hide-and-seek sequence!!
    I liked that part too. Seemed that city-girl Gia rose to the occasion pretty well. That whole scenario was very fairy-tale-like, playing among the grapevines.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I keep waiting for Lindsey Lohan to say something ditzy and unintentionally funny to Tina Fey.

These girls are making me root for the spoiled chick, so I'm glad for RS's spoilers, but I hate rooting for her.

It was hilarious when Jake asked Jessie why he should dismiss Vienna, and all Jessie could do was sputter about wrecked cars.

Oh, and did anyone notice when Ella was being taken out for the "talk" and there was a plate next to Jake. Then all of a sudden we had a shot of Kathryn and the plate had disappeared into thin air? Makes you wonder how that scene was really played.
    Passing over to the Dark Side