Page 59 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Quote Originally Posted by dhwirch;3808097;
    Jake said to Jessie that he "heard" everything she said. It would not take rocket science for him to figure out what Vienna was angling for. And I kinda got the impression that he turned to the cheek quite deliberately.
    I read somewhere that Jake talked to psychologists, etc before going on the show. Saying I "hear" you..is a way of saying that you understand what the person is saying, but are remaining noncommital in your opinion. My friend is a councelor & it can be so irritating when she says that to me because I want her to take my side...or disagree or something. Oh well, I still love her.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by Deege111;3808096;
    Don't you remember the V/O of Jake (from epi 1 preview?) desparately saying "she tells me she's falling for me and then she leaves?"
    I thought that was Ali?

I don't get the "ali love" on here. She's mean and puts way too much focus on Vienna. Just because you don't like someone, it doesn't give you the right to be the president of the mean girls club and trash talk them.

She keeps saying that she and vienna are so different, she doesn't get why jake likes her, and if he likes someone like vienna, then there's no way she'd be good for him. Your worth isn't determined by whether or not you're someone's type. Just because jake is attracted to parts of Vienna's personality that you don't like, it doesn't mean that you have those same qualities if Jake likes you too. Eh, she's 25, what do you expect though?!

This doesn't make her strong, it makes her look bit*hy and obsessed.
    Last edited by biglove44; 01-25-2010 at 11:52 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3808120;
    I think he gets it now alone in his parents home left to wonder what might of been.
    I wonder how much of an eye opener it is for him to watch the show now, and see all the ugliness that was going on when he wasn't around. I wonder if he would second-guess any of his decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3808128;
    I don't get the "ali love" on here. She's mean and puts way too much focus on Vienna. Just because you don't like someone, it doesn't give you the right to be the president of the mean girls club and trash talk them.

She keeps saying that she and vienna are so different, she doesn't get why jake likes her, and if he likes someone like vienna, then there's no way she'd be good for him. Your worth isn't determined by whether or not you're someone's type. Just because jake is attracted to parts of Vienna's personality that you don't like, doesn't mean you have those same qualities if Jake likes you too. Eh, she's 25, what do you expect though?!

This show is starting to resemle Rock of Love minus the nudity and the overindulgence of alcohol...

FORT Fanatic

Can someone please explain to me, it ALI so loves Jake why is she wasting her time on Vienna? If the girls like Jake why are they not more loving like giving him a hug run to him all that. i dont think they were looking for Jake to be the bachelor so they are not focussing on him only Vienna what a pity she will be hurt in the end. All those perfect bodies, only Vienna look less than perfect and seems to want jake yet it seem the others are of superficial minds when it comes to getting the guy. Wonders never ceases to amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3808128;

She keeps saying that she and vienna are so different, she doesn't get why jake likes her, and if he likes someone like vienna, then there's no way she'd be good for him. Your worth isn't determined by whether or not you're someone's type. Just because jake is attracted to parts of Vienna's personality that you don't like, doesn't mean you have those same qualities if Jake likes you too. Eh, she's 25, what do you expect though?!

I will admit that in my past there were men I chose not to go out with solely b/c I knew who they had dated in the past and I knew that they were with those girls - our values were way too different.

Ali came to find love and left a fairly new job to be on the show. When she sees Jake keeping someone like Vienna around she has to question his sincerity in finding a wife. Vienna and Ali are polar opposites and I believe that Jake's continued interest in Vienna is leading Ali to wonder if Jake is there to find a wife or to just get lucky. The longer he kept Vienna the more this doubt grew and she probably finally decided that her job was more important.

FORT Newbie

ali was one whose previous bf cheated on her with her roommate right? no wonder she cant handle jake liking other girls

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3808121;
    I read somewhere that Jake talked to psychologists, etc before going on the show. Saying I "hear" you..is a way of saying that you understand what the person is saying, but are remaining noncommital in your opinion. My friend is a councelor & it can be so irritating when she says that to me because I want her to take my side...or disagree or something. Oh well, I still love her.
    The bottom line is...when a guy is into a girl, he doesn't listen to what everyone else says about her. Jake is gone over Vienna. I don't get it myself - unless it's just that it's a choice between the annoying one and the catty witches - but while he "hears" the talk he clearly doesn't really care. Poor guy, if he actually stays with her for longer than the two weeks of media rounds, he'll get the same complaints from his buddies' girlfriends. Vienna is a pain in the ass and pretty immature, but other than some poor fashion choices - that short poufy skirt, ugggghhhh, only teeny tiny dainty girly-girls should wear that kind of thing, never big blondes with the arms & shoulders of a linebacker - she's probably decent girlfriend material. He could do worse, and there's plenty of "worse" this season.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I think my favorite part was after the 2-on-1 date and he took the rose and threw it in the fire. Poor Jake...the producers must have a running bet going to see who can come up with the cheesiest scene.