Page 53 of 71 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3807626;
    "this is the first of many decisions that I'm going to make that no one is going to understand. And it's only going to get worse."
    That was such a huge VO! I wonder when he actually says that in the process? How does he know it's only going to get worse? Maybe this is after Ali leaves?

The edit of the entire show was so negative, I'm waiting for the plane crash analogies to only get worse..

Is it unusual to have a favourite and hope she isn't chosen? I don't know if I like Jake well enough to wish him on Ali.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3807987;
    Ali's own obsession with Vienna will come back to bite her on her butt. Vienna may not be the classiest girl there . . . but Ali is certainly lacking in some class herself! According to the edit, Ali talks non-stop about Vienna and engages the other women in the conversation. Vienna is becoming an enigma to Jake which only increases his desire to spend more time with her!
    Maybe I can see Ali's POV because if that were me and there was a girl so diametrically different than me, I'd say the same thing -- screw you, if that's what you're looking for, then I'm not the girl for you.

We just caught up on 24 after TB ended and during a scene, I said to DH that I just don't understand how some girls' self esteem is so low that they would let someone treat them badly. Not saying that Jake is treating Ali badly (by any means!) by keeping Vienna but I *am* trying to point out that the strong self-esteem mentality is out there. (We ma$$holes are known for it, almost as much as NY gals! ) so I can absolutely see Ali saying that if Jake sees himself with Vienna, then she can find someone else who is looking more for someone like her. And I can see her walking away without a backward glance. Doesn't mean she doesn't feel anything but more that she's better than that!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3808002;
    With the way that all of the girls hate Vienna, you would think she is going around saying that she is just there to win and get the final rose or something. If that was the case though, i'm sure the girls would have told Jake about it.

I don't ever remember a season where everyone hated one of the bachelorettes this much.....it's so odd, the edit.
    Who knows, maybe she is -- she's certainly said it during her PI's...more than once.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3808002;
    I don't ever remember a season where everyone hated one of the bachelorettes this much.....it's so odd, the edit.
    I was saying that earlier, Sanlee. Often there's some of this later on in a season but it's never been the focus of an entire season. That's why it makes me suspicious that Fleiss -- that master misogynist -- is behind all of it.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3807997;
    Really? You saw her OOO with Jake as an example of interpersonal skills? I saw her using flirtation and friction to cloud the matter with him.
    I thought their date with the bungee jumping went very well. They laughed, she comforted him, they had a great time, he seemed to enjoy talking to her, and he said she had great answers to some tough questions he asked her. So, yes, I would say her interpersonal skills with Jake were just peachy!

You don't know what Ali's history is, you're just casting her into some stereotype, that is based on her looks not on the behavior that is shown. It's not ring leading when it's a general consensus.

You excuse Vienna of the behavior that you see, but tar Ali with assumptions you make about her background. Vienna can do no wrong, and Ali could just be standing there, and do no right.
    I don't know these girls from Eve! But Ali has certainly given plenty of evidence, by her words and actions, to make me assume (and it is just my assumption) that she is incredibly threatened by Vienna, and I think it's because she's not used to being compared to, or *horror* even losing to someone like her.

I don't excuse Vienna of anything, I said she is young, thoughtless, probably insensitive and most likely needs to learn to shut it at times. What I am saying, though, is that the girls would stand a much better case against Vienna if they didn't engage in the same behaviour that they are trashing her for.

The edit is so weird I am thinking that Jake picks no one.
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807992;
    See, this is what I don't understand. Someone says she is deceitful, but we don't see the situation that prompted this. They all say she is hurtful, yet they are hurtful to her face (Ali's comment that she was angry because VIENNA came home with a rose) and hurtful when they talk about her when she's not there (at the comedy club) and hurtful when they exclaim in shocked barely-whispers "how could he have given HER a rose" as if she's some kind of disease or something. So ladies, what's it to be? She's self-centered and talks trash and is thoughtless and hurtful...?? Well, pot...meet kettle.

UGH. I don't even like the girl THAT much. She's no Meredith. But I find myself driven to defend her because I can't believe these girls are so hypocritical about everything. Get over yourselves and remember Jake...you know, the guy up front with the roses? No silly, not Chris! That other guy! The one you're supposed to be falling in love with .... sheesh!!
    I think part of the reason that we aren't seeing what, exactly, it was that prompted the comments is damage control. Assuming that Vienna is the final girl standing, TPTB are trying to make it look like she is being provoked or that the comments are unwarranted. They did it with Deanna on Brad's season too. They do this to make the F1 look better. I think the other reason that we aren't seeing the actual events that lead to the negative comments are because there isn't one event. It's just part of her personality and it would take a long time to establish this (unlike, say the hatred for Trish on Jesse's season, where there was a very specific event that lead her to be disliked). TpTB kind of tried to go into this after Vienna had her 1-on-1 date; but I'm certain that there is more.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3808010;
    I was saying that earlier, Sanlee. Often there's some of this later on in a season but it's never been the focus of an entire season. That's why it makes me suspicious that Fleiss -- that master misogynist -- is behind all of it.
    can you imagine this show without the drama...dude, BORING!!!!!!!! Jake is a nice guy, but he really is boring.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Have a great night everyone. I'm going to tune in at least one more week to see if we can all figure out what the heck is going on!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs