Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 702

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

  1. #511
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807971;
    Her interpersonal skills on her 1-1 date with Jake were just fine. Maybe she just doesn't know how to fake the niceness with a bunch of competitive women. Maybe she just doesn't have a very good filter between her brain and her mouth. Maybe she is insecure and tries to hide it by being brash and in-your-face. But nothing I've seen from her speaks to her being malicious or deliberately hateful, just thoughtless and young and perhaps immature. The looks come into it, in my opinion, because people like Ali (as i see her) have always been the leader of the pack of pretty girls, and to lose to someone like Vienna, who Ali clearly sees as beneath her in every way, from looks to personality to intellect - well, I don't see Ali sticking around long enough to see that happen because her pride would never stand it.
    Yeah but Ali's behavior after the RC ceremony didn't come across as intelligent but more like a spoiled, OMG! I'm going to let him have it b/c he didn't do what I want, Brat. Gees, she'll probably pitch a fit if he can "do it" like she expects... the girl needs a double dose of a serious chill pill.

  2. #512
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    42

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807910;
    I think the girls are stunned Vienna is still there because they are NOT used to losing to the less-pretty girl. Vienna is attractive, but she's definitely not as gorgeous as the rest of the girls. Her nose is a little big for her, she's got bleached-out hair, she's not super-skinny (although I'd take her bod in a heartbeat! ) and she apparently doesn't know how to play well with the other little girls. So, the fact that she's still there, that he keeps choosing her when they are all so SURE she's going home, to me speaks to their insecurities that a girl who they see as less than them in every sense of the word has something that this guy likes and that obviously he wants to be around.
    I think you are pretty close to some of what is going on. I’ll add a few more random opinions. The edits are going out of their way to try to make Jake seem more macho and exciting than he really is. (All the shots on a motorcycle for example) Remember when he said, “the girls are talking bad about Vienna and she’s not here to defend herself, bless her heart…” What guy would say “bless her heart?” Remember first show Jake said he would never approach girls like this in real life? I think the reality is Jake is a very insecure shy person and “simple” as well. Not a “bad boy” at all. Not very deep either but I don’t mean that in a mean way. Some people are born very simple. Vienna is “simple” person as well and that’s why he is attracted to her. Jake wants somebody that will look up to him, not tell him what to do. He does not want somebody more intelligent than him. Other side of that is a lot of these girls don’t even like Jake. He is not as successful or as exciting as they want. Not as deep either. You Won’t see Jake writing poetry. He’s just not THAT guy.

    Why the Vienna hate from other girls? Well #1 is lot of these girls are fake and Vienna called them out on that. They are models and wanna be actors. “I’m here for Jake.” give me a break. Other reason is like you said, she is the girl the cheerleaders would make fun of…a lazy eye…clumsy….slow…. They are shocked they are being CAMPARED to her by Jake and by TV show.

  3. #513
    FORT Fogey MiniDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,320

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3807927;
    My DH said that while he sees Jake backing off and cooling a bit with Vienna, he also thinks it has something to do with the power of persuasion -- that all the girls point it out to him so now he notices it more. DH said -- if I pointed out that you always see black mercedes around here, then you (I) would start noticing them everywhere whereas before I hadn't. Since I know that's probably true, I can't argue with his reasoning.
    Ali's own obsession with Vienna will come back to bite her on her butt. Vienna may not be the classiest girl there . . . but Ali is certainly lacking in some class herself! According to the edit, Ali talks non-stop about Vienna and engages the other women in the conversation. Vienna is becoming an enigma to Jake which only increases his desire to spend more time with her!

  4. #514
    Lux et Veritas chrisg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,643

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3807987;
    Ali's own obsession with Vienna will come back to bite her on her butt. Vienna may not be the classiest girl there . . . but Ali is certainly lacking in some class herself! According to the edit, Ali talks non-stop about Vienna and engages the other women in the conversation.
    The way they were talking about Vienna right in front of her was crazy rude.

    Even if I bag this season, though, I'm going to have to watch the WTA! That should be classic!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

  5. #515
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3807986;

    Why the Vienna hate from other girls? Well #1 is lot of these girls are fake and Vienna called them out on that. They are models and wanna be actors. “I’m here for Jake.” give me a break. Other reason is like you said, she is the girl the cheerleaders would make fun of…a lazy eye…clumsy….slow…. They are shocked they are being CAMPARED to her by Jake and by TV show.
    Or maybe this is the girl who is jealous of the cheerleaders (though none but Tenley strikes me as a cheerleader -- Gia said that she was absolutely not one!) Vienna was in some calendar where she posed half nude -- she falls in the same rank as all the other girls, though other than Gia, I don't know that any of them even went that far.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  6. #516
    Forum Assistant sweetpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,968

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;3807980;
    Yes that's the word! (thanks to OhWow also). I thought that was interesting because despite everything we have heard, we have never heard that word (or anything like it) to describe Vienna.
    See, this is what I don't understand. Someone says she is deceitful, but we don't see the situation that prompted this. They all say she is hurtful, yet they are hurtful to her face (Ali's comment that she was angry because VIENNA came home with a rose) and hurtful when they talk about her when she's not there (at the comedy club) and hurtful when they exclaim in shocked barely-whispers "how could he have given HER a rose" as if she's some kind of disease or something. So ladies, what's it to be? She's self-centered and talks trash and is thoughtless and hurtful...?? Well, pot...meet kettle.

    UGH. I don't even like the girl THAT much. She's no Meredith. But I find myself driven to defend her because I can't believe these girls are so hypocritical about everything. Get over yourselves and remember Jake...you know, the guy up front with the roses? No silly, not Chris! That other guy! The one you're supposed to be falling in love with .... sheesh!!

  7. #517
    FORT Fogey BachNoFoolMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,724

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3807696;
    J loved that Ali said she is falling for him and his face said shock and he said "really?" gimpse of that 9th grade dateless boy.
    ITA! & they had that lingering kiss again just like in their 1 on 1 date.

  8. #518
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    317

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807971;
    Her interpersonal skills on her 1-1 date with Jake were just fine. Maybe she just doesn't know how to fake the niceness with a bunch of competitive women. Maybe she just doesn't have a very good filter between her brain and her mouth. Maybe she is insecure and tries to hide it by being brash and in-your-face. But nothing I've seen from her speaks to her being malicious or deliberately hateful, just thoughtless and young and perhaps immature. The looks come into it, in my opinion, because people like Ali (as i see her) have always been the leader of the pack of pretty girls, and to lose to someone like Vienna, who Ali clearly sees as beneath her in every way, from looks to personality to intellect - well, I don't see Ali sticking around long enough to see that happen because her pride would never stand it.
    Really? You saw her OOO with Jake as an example of interpersonal skills? I saw her using flirtation and friction to cloud the matter with him. No one's filter works all the time, but it's not so much what she says but how she reacts to it. How blind do you have to be to not see that your words or actions are upsetting? If you see it, you make amends, even if you meant what you said, shouldn't you at least feel bad for causing someone else pain? Or is that concern what you're calling "faking niceness"?

    You don't know what Ali's history is, you're just casting her into some stereotype, that is based on her looks not on the behavior that is shown. It's not ring leading when it's a general consensus.

    You excuse Vienna of the behavior that you see, but tar Ali with assumptions you make about her background. Vienna can do no wrong, and Ali could just be standing there, and do no right. The others are cast as too brainless to come to their conclusions. Look at what they've actually done, the pretty/smart girl prejudice aside, and note that they're only 2 years apart in age, and see if what you say stands objectively.

  9. #519
    Student of Life Tin Frizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    537

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3807986;
    I think you are pretty close to some of what is going on. I’ll add a few more random opinions. The edits are going out of their way to try to make Jake seem more macho and exciting than he really is. (All the shots on a motorcycle for example) Remember when he said, “the girls are talking bad about Vienna and she’s not here to defend herself, bless her heart…” What guy would say “bless her heart?” Remember first show Jake said he would never approach girls like this in real life? I think the reality is Jake is a very insecure shy person and “simple” as well. Not a “bad boy” at all. Not very deep either but I don’t mean that in a mean way. Some people are born very simple. Vienna is “simple” person as well and that’s why he is attracted to her. Jake wants somebody that will look up to him, not tell him what to do. He does not want somebody more intelligent than him. Other side of that is a lot of these girls don’t even like Jake. He is not as successful or as exciting as they want. Not as deep either. You Won’t see Jake writing poetry. He’s just not THAT guy.

    Why the Vienna hate from other girls? Well #1 is lot of these girls are fake and Vienna called them out on that. They are models and wanna be actors. “I’m here for Jake.” give me a break. Other reason is like you said, she is the girl the cheerleaders would make fun of…a lazy eye…clumsy….slow…. They are shocked they are being CAMPARED to her by Jake and by TV show.
    I agree that Jake is a simple man but I think he is intelligent as in "book smarts". He seems to be shy. You can be smart but not have good common sense.
    It's got to be love.

  10. #520
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

    With the way that all of the girls hate Vienna, you would think she is going around saying that she is just there to win and get the final rose or something. If that was the case though, i'm sure the girls would have told Jake about it.

    I don't ever remember a season where everyone hated one of the bachelorettes this much.....it's so odd, the edit.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.