Page 48 of 71 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan25/10

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807910;
    Ok. I'm going to throw an option out there that won't make me very popular with this board. Ah well, I'm usually on the 'outs' when it comes to the Bachelor or Bachelorette, and I've survived it before, I'm sure I will again.

I think the girls are stunned Vienna is still there because they are NOT used to losing to the less-pretty girl. Vienna is attractive, but she's definitely not as gorgeous as the rest of the girls. Her nose is a little big for her, she's got bleached-out hair, she's not super-skinny (although I'd take her bod in a heartbeat! ) and she apparently doesn't know how to play well with the other little girls. So, the fact that she's still there, that he keeps choosing her when they are all so SURE she's going home, to me speaks to their insecurities that a girl who they see as less than them in every sense of the word has something that this guy likes and that obviously he wants to be around.

These girls are a bunch of ninnies. I would love it if Jake, maybe knowing Vienna was only in this for the fun and neither one of them were that into each other, picked her in the end simply to shove it in the other girl's faces.

To me it seems like the Wes storyline only this time Ali is in Jakes role. Similar story most everyone wanted Wes gone but Jill kept him....same ol same ol!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deege111;3807905;
    I think Jake seemed really uncomfortable with Vienna both times they were alone.
    My DH said that while he sees Jake backing off and cooling a bit with Vienna, he also thinks it has something to do with the power of persuasion -- that all the girls point it out to him so now he notices it more. DH said -- if I pointed out that you always see black mercedes around here, then you (I) would start noticing them everywhere whereas before I hadn't. Since I know that's probably true, I can't argue with his reasoning.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3807923;
    I understand what your saying, but it almost seems like TPTB want us to think all the girls are picking on Vienna for no good reason. If it were a couple of girls I could buy it. There is alot they are not showing about why the girls don't like Vienna but why are they not showing it?
    They keep saying it, she's inconsiderate, self centered, hurtful of other's feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Deege111;3807905;
    I think Jake seemed really uncomfortable with Vienna both times they were alone. I think he is taking to heart what the others are saying. I also think Ali's edit is almost exclusively limited to "Vienna Hate", with the exxception of a few very sweet moments with Jake. Tenley is following very close in Ali's footsteps with her snarky attitude. Ashleigh seemed to be less upset about Jake letting her go than being let go before Vienna. That's what really pissed her off!
    They really hate the girl, I've never seen this much hate on the show ever, she must be pretty bad!! They all seem really nice to each other, suportive, huggy, considerate etc. They were genuinely sad at the thought that either of the girls were going home, never mind both and seem to really be enjoying each others company...and respect each other's time with Jake and who get's one on one time with him... don't sound like a bunch of biotches to me. Yet when Vienna's name is mentioned they see red.

Conclusion: if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... it's a duck... even if it tries to pretend to be a swan
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3807910;
    Ok. I'm going to throw an option out there that won't make me very popular with this board. Ah well, I'm usually on the 'outs' when it comes to the Bachelor or Bachelorette, and I've survived it before, I'm sure I will again.

I think the girls are stunned Vienna is still there because they are NOT used to losing to the less-pretty girl. Vienna is attractive, but she's definitely not as gorgeous as the rest of the girls. Her nose is a little big for her, she's got bleached-out hair, she's not super-skinny (although I'd take her bod in a heartbeat! ) and she apparently doesn't know how to play well with the other little girls. So, the fact that she's still there, that he keeps choosing her when they are all so SURE she's going home, to me speaks to their insecurities that a girl who they see as less than them in every sense of the word has something that this guy likes and that obviously he wants to be around.

These girls are a bunch of ninnies. I would love it if Jake, maybe knowing Vienna was only in this for the fun and neither one of them were that into each other, picked her in the end simply to shove it in the other girl's faces.

It seems to me that there was a line drawn in the sand early this season. Rather than take the 'high' road, some decided to pit themselves against Vienna, and now it's come down to a matter of pride. One of the seven deadly sins...

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3807925;
    Who did he do that with?
    Gia on the winery 1:1 date.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Newbie

The bachelor story is so boring, it's the drama in the house that carries the show. Heck, even I, who hates that stuff, just wanted to get past the dates and see what else Ali had to say. Editing or not, Ali has lost focus of why she is there. She really has Vienna on her mind too much...not the "real" prize...Jake (I guess he's a prize.) Never have I seen so much "we've got to tell him" mentality. Sure there are a few that feel the need to criticize/warn him each season, but I swear, never have I seen such a gaggle of girls. It's a turn off. But what else does the show have going for it? His body language even with Gia by the fire (had his left arm on his chest and not under her to snuggle) is apparent. He's mentally outta the process. So Vienna acts young and has a "big personality." She IS young. At least you see her trying to get closer to him...good or bad. Maybe editing doesn't show us the others doing the same, but we do see Vienna trying to "work" on Jake.

Is this why Ali leaves on her hometown date: "If he likes HER, he can't like ME. I'm gone." Probably. NOT work related. Trying to compare herself too much to Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3807868;
    I'm starting to understand why Jake slams the car door after placing Ali in it, if that's her in the car. I liked Ali in the first episode, but now she seems obsessed with Vienna. After Vienna got the rose, she didn't even look happy to have gotten a rose. If she keeps nagging Jake I can see why he would want to firmly close the limo door.
    Did anyone hear crying when they showed the car? Sounded like from inside.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3807929;
    They really hate the girl, I've never seen this much hate on the show ever, she must be pretty bad!! They all seem really nice to each other, suportive, huggy, considerate etc. They were genuinely sad at the thought that either of the girls were going home, never mind both and seem to really be enjoying each others company...and respect each other's time with Jake and who get's one on one time with him... don't sound like a bunch of biotches to me. Yet when Vienna's name is mentioned they see red.

Conclusion: if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck.... it's a duck... even if it tries to pretend to be a swan
    I really wish they would reveal why all the girls dislike her so much. Maybe then we would be able to understand!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Q
    would you like to come talk with me?

A
    I want to go last....

Thank you but only on my terms