Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3801220;

Vienna seems to be one of those people who has no filter on her mouth or her actions. It isn't deliberate, she just has no clue how she comes accross. Add that to an inability to read people or get the vibes in a room, and it is a recipe for bad relationships. It is a form of narcicism, I believe, and hopefully most people grow out of it. She simply is clueless about what she has done and the effect she has upon people. She is not mean spirited about it, and has learned to cope by apologising and usually making things better. Tears help
    Ali is not too different, except that she is very good t reading people and knows exactly what to say to achieve the desired effect. Ali has no filter either - no diplomacy.

I think Jake was receptive to what they had to say, however, the delivery was such that he was mostly unreceptive. It planted a seed, but their attacking the girl with whom he had had an intense date the day before was not very effective. Diplomacy/subtlty anyone?

No one has had the intimate experience with Jake that Vienna has. They faced strong terrifying fears together. He taked about not always being the strong one and she supported him. They took a huge leap together and survived. They laughed and had fun together at Jakes house. Their connection is stronger and more intimate than anyone elses right now.

Why did none of the girls on the Commedy date get it that, at that time, there was NO ONE there whom he wanted to keep another week? They was nothing about the date that made him want to keep one of the women there.
    Great post Jelle.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3800921;
    I love how they lured in the viewers with the "i'm pregnant" promos but totally cut it out on the show lol The viewers were probably confused.
    Kristen Baldwin's piece, ''The Bachelor' recap: Jake Grows a Pair | TV Recap | EW.com is the best I have ever read from her ... lol

Kristen discusses how Ali has found her inner b!tch and Jake responding to Michelle and Elizabeth by calling out their bluffs.

Well worth the read and, on page 4, you can watch the deleted scene where Tenley jokingly tells Jake she is pregnant and Jake not knowing how to respond ... priceless! ... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by peachoc;3801173;
    Count me as one of the people who thought Ali was a total jerk tonight. She (as well as Corrie and a few of the others) reminded me of the middle schoolers I teach. I am usually of the thought with adults in real life that if everyone hates someone then the person has done something wrong...but this is not a real-life situation and really seems to resemble junior high much more than anything. It seemed very much the pack mentality/mean girls. It does make me wonder if Jake picks Vienna, because the clips tonight made her rootable for many (where I read elsewhere it was across the board dislike of Ali).

I almost forgot - I did not get the sudden concern for Elizabeth. They were complaining about her last week and now they are on Vienna's case about taking her time (which she easily found more of...I have never understood that argument since the parties supposedly last hours). I was waiting for someone to tell her she should have used her time more wisely (which is what Elizabeth told someone last week when they were mad because someone barged in on them). The jumping from side to side but always having a catty remark...SO like the kids I teach it is scary.

Actually, I believe it was Vienna that was interrupted & Elizabeth told her that she should have used her time more wisely.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

OMG! I had to tape tonights show rather than watch it when it aired. I just finished watching it and I'm nearly speechless. I feel so bad for Jake. He must feel like he's in a time warp and landed back in Jr. High. What a disappointment it must be to have such an immature group of girls. The only individuals I felt behaved well tonight were Jake, Ella, and Gia. The others have some serious growing up to do. I'm going to have a difficult time watching this season as this group is a total turn off for me. Vienna is going to have to be made of steel to live in a house with that kind of hate for her - but she can't be without fault or the entire house would not be against her. The other girls are acting like a pack of wolves and are coming across really nasty. The atmosphere in that group is toxic to say the least. I feel sickened by it. Wow, just wow!!!

[QUOTE=SaffronSunrise;3801232;]Actually, I believe it was Vienna that was interrupted & Elizabeth told her that she should have used her time more wisely.[/QUOTE]

Poetic isn't it?

Too bad Elizabeth didn't use her time wisely. She had quite a lot of it. I'm glad it was Vienna who interupted her. And I sure as heck would have done the same if a group of girls had trashed me. Did they really expect Vienna to just sit back and not defend herself to Jake?
    Last edited by C4Real; 01-19-2010 at 06:13 AM.

What did V do to make everyone dislike her? They didn't show anything confrontation with the rest of the girls until after her 1 on 1 date and the girls clearly didn't her like her before that time. I find it odd that they haven't shown us what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIsTheWord;3801261;
    What did V do to make everyone dislike her? They didn't show anything confrontation with the rest of the girls until after her 1 on 1 date and the girls clearly didn't her like her before that time. I find it odd that they haven't shown us what happened.
    I do too.

FORT Regular

First post this season.
    So pardon me if i'm a bit rusty and ramble on too long.
    But I believe that after last night's show, I am only one of many who changed " bachelorette boats" and swam like crazy away from Ali's dinghy and climbed head first into Vienna's boat.
    Talk about Dr.Jekyll/Mr Hyde!
    From the moment I first saw pics,Ali was my front runner.
    After seeing her little clip at the beginning of the very first episode,when she's walking down the street in that blue dress, I had her for final two.
    And her first 1:1 with Jake just about sealed it for me as her being F1.
    She was natural,good listener,sweet,full of life,spontaneus and just came across as an all over great girl.
    But then, she started to show her true colours.
    Last night, she wasn't satisfied with having dumped on Vienna for her whole time with Jake(although why spend those precious minutes of alone time babbling about someone else is beyond me), but when she got back to the group, she proposed a toast to Corrie for her little comedy routine that was all about making fun of Vienna .....But that wasn't enough...no, she had to take it one step further and tried to rally everyone to do the same.
    I was surprised to see that Michelle was the only one who had the guts to stand up and tell them she wasn't doing to lose her time bashing someone else....she preferred to spend it getting closer to Jake.
    Michelle!!!The voice of reason???? Wow! Guess it goes to show how childish Ali had gotten in her little game of destruction.
    Then later,at the FRC, when Vienna tried to apologise.
    We haven't been shown what Vienna could have done to turn off the other girls the way she did. I'm sure there was some behaviour or comment on her part to have started all this...too many of the girls seem to dislike her to some degree.
    But Ali is on the war path at all times....and seems to have made it her sole agenda to singlehandly get Vienna out of the house.
    She had no business jumping off the couch and running up to Vienna and getting right in her face right after Elisabeth went and hid in the bathroom.
    Yes,Vienna had interrupted their little "exchange"....I for one was glad because it was getting old very fast all this "no you can't,,but do you want to...i want to...I'm a good kisser...but don't kiss me" routine.
    Between Ali's temper tantrums and Elisabeth's little games, it sure as heck looked more like "Kiddie Kollege" that a cocktail party for mature women.
    And I was very,very happy when Jake let Elisabeth know he was onto her,and then let her go.
    The man is starting to show what he's really made of....and although he's polite and sensitive to others' feelings,sometimes to a fault,he's still strong enough to do what has to be done,and live by his choices afterwards.
    In my opinion, the one who got the most brownie points tonight was Gia.
    For the first time, I got to see glimpses of the woman underneath the body...and I liked what i saw. A strong,yet nurturing and forgiving woman who doesn't need to put others down in order to push herself up.
    After tonight's show, with what we've seen so far, the only ones I could see right for Jake would be Gia,Vienna,and Tenley...
    All of the above is simply my own humble opinion....and I know it won't be the popular opinion so go ahead....shoot.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3801232;
    Actually, I believe it was Vienna that was interrupted & Elizabeth told her that she should have used her time more wisely.
    Thanks for reminding us about this -- THIS is why she didn't give Elizabeth more time, even though she must've seen Elizabeth crying and Elizabeth told her she wasn't ready for Vienna to break them up-- Vienna was being vindictive because of what Elizabeth had said to her the prior week... Interesting...

People thought Elizabeth was being snarky last week yet it's okay for Vienna to do this?? Hmm...

Something else I noticed is that when they were in the helicopter, Vienna was telling Jake about a time she went ziplining with her father and how her father had been scared of heights. She did not say at that time that she was scared of heights -- don't you think she would have?? It was only when she figured out that Jake was scared that she said she was as well. That's curious, no?

I'm with Cape--I think they're showing us the behind-the-scene drama to set up why Jake & Vienna are no longer together. I find it interesting that they took Jake's own dialogue from last season (Wes isn't here for the right reasons; you don't see what we see) and are turning it on him this season to help make this point...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3801158;
    I seem to remember Shayne being the one leading the charge in her season that girls with roses shouldn't be seeking 1-1 time before girls without roses in her season..
    I think Shayne was more of a Gia than an Ali.... especially where Robyn was concerned. Remember the "tea party chat"? I'd love it if Gia was in Shayne's F1 shoes at the end of the day
    Jillian: "Funnest? Funnest isn't a word." Ed:"It is now..."