Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 135354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

I liked Ali after she had the magical one on one date but this episode showed me an ugly side to her. She is one of those clickish mean girls. It's making me like Vienna more. Vienna had every right to take an opportunity to speak to Jake before the rose ceremony. Who died and made Ali boss of who gets to speak to him and when? She was also jerky when Vienna apologized to the group. It was like she didn't want to the situation to be resolved.

It seems like every season of The Bachelor a group of girls pick one person to beat up on. I can only think of one season when I thought the girl really deserved it - the one with the football player and Trish who was kicked off the show and showed up later on someone's date and gave the guy her hotel key...

Well - seems like the lines are now drawn between Vienna and Ali - there is sooo much more to whap happened on tonights show that we will never see - but the edit certainly has positioned these 2 major players against each other - the good - the bad - and the ugly - when it was probably a very different situation from what actually occured - but the line in the sand is there now - bold and wide
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by peachoc;3801173;
    Count me as one of the people who thought Ali was a total jerk tonight. She (as well as Corrie and a few of the others) reminded me of the middle schoolers I teach. I am usually of the thought with adults in real life that if everyone hates someone then the person has done something wrong...but this is not a real-life situation and really seems to resemble junior high much more than anything. It seemed very much the pack mentality/mean girls. It does make me wonder if Jake picks Vienna, because the clips tonight made her rootable for many (where I read elsewhere it was across the board dislike of Ali).
    all that says to me is that Fleiss has a nose ring on many viewers and he's able to lead them in whatever direction he wants by the editing.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3801183;
    Well - seems like the lines are now drawn between Vienna and Ali - there is sooo much more to whap happened on tonights show that we will never see - but the edit certainly has positioned these 2 major players against each other - the good - the bad - and the ugly - when it was probably a very different situation from what actually occured - but the line in the sand is there now - bold and wide

maybe instead of a showdown, we'll get a throwdown, and I'm not talking as in a Bobby Flay cookoff either
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

The editing tonight made me like Ali a little less but it didn't make me like Vienna more. It's like they're shouting "Fight" and we, their good little viewers, are clamoring to see it. Exactly what they want us to do! Sheeh, we're so predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3801184;
    all that says to me is that Fleiss has a nose ring on many viewers and he's able to lead them in whatever direction he wants by the editing.
    He doesn't have me,

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by meemee2000;3801177;
    I liked Ali after she had the magical one on one date but this episode showed me an ugly side to her. She is one of those clickish mean girls. It's making me like Vienna more. Vienna had every right to take an opportunity to speak to Jake before the rose ceremony. Who died and made Ali boss of who gets to speak to him and when? She was also jerky when Vienna apologized to the group. It was like she didn't want to the situation to be resolved.

It seems like every season of The Bachelor a group of girls pick one person to beat up on. I can only think of one season when I thought the girl really deserved it - the one with the football player and Trish who was kicked off the show and showed up later on someone's date and gave the guy her hotel key...
    I also liked Ali when she had her one on one date with Jake. Tonight's episode really showed her in a different light. I do not see what Vienna has done to make the other girls dislike her. Sure, she bragged about her date with Jake, but the other girls do the same when they have one on one time with him. I think Ali feels Jake belongs to her after they had such a special date and she is jealous because she has some competition. I am beginning to like Vienna more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3801183;
    You are probably right. However, there is one fact that I would not discount. the difference in Ali's behavior towards Jake at their 1:1 and tonight. Jake has already shown with Elizabeth that he doesn't like when he feels he is bing duped. Ali may well be setting herself for an Elizabeth exit at some point, after the sweet and innocent 1:1 performance.

Still, it is so obvious that the editors are doing a masterful job in keeping us thinking what they want us to think!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3801184;
    I am tired and it's late but I am trying not to take offense at that. The fact is that every season people have differing opinions and see things differently. If you want to be honest, Fleiss has a nose ring on all of us, because we keep watching. He makes sure there are situations that are unclear enough to result in two sides of the argument. That keeps people discussing the story and watching. I am way past looking for a love story and instead look for clues to the final one. I find the whole thing fascinating.

Ali may be a wonderful person in regular life, but she did not come across that way to many people tonight - that does not mean those people are just being fooled by Fleiss. The fact is that the words she said hit nerves with people. Vienna may be a wonderful person in real life but she has not come across that way to many people either...that does not mean those people are wrong. Once again - the words she said hit buttons with some.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B;3801194;
    You are probably right. However, there is one fact that I would not discount. the difference in Ali's behavior towards Jake at their 1:1 and tonight. Jake has already shown with Elizabeth that he doesn't like when he feels he is bing duped. Ali may well be setting herself for an Elizabeth exit at some point, after the sweet and innocent 1:1 performance.

Still, it is so obvious that the editors are doing a masterful job in keeping us thinking what they want us to think!
    I don't think so - regarding the 1st paragraph....... Ali does speak her mind - I will admit that - she is also sweet - we ALL have different sides to us - not a bad thing by any means.......... I don't see the 2nd situation between V and A as an attack by A - but more constructive - cluing V in that her actions are hurtful to others - not just herself. V does call them ALL fake - so............... tain't so sweet herself - more vengeful

But the edit tonight has certainly drawn the line with the fans - like - dislike - but I think that looking at the total picture of things - that only us sleuthers see - sheds a different light on Ali - and I personally don't see her as nasty - mean - whatever adjective I have seen.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON