Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

Re: ***SPOILERS***Show Discussion Jan18/10

Quote Originally Posted by RemDiamond;3801145;
    I thought tonight's episode was very entertaining. I have always thought Jake would be a good Bachelor and I'm pleased with him so far. I like that he has a decent vocabulary. He seems sensible and astute. I also like that he is dictating things instead of letting the show push him around. Tenley is my favorite, but I'll admit, she does not seem over the situation with the ex. For the most part, I did not have a problem with Ali. However, I do think her edit was more harsh than previously. I still don't care for Vienna. She admitted to Jake by her silence that she had talked about the other women when she said she wasn't a bad person. I think Gia hit the nail on the head in that Vienna does not know when she should not speak. I don't think she is intentionally hurtful; just clueless as to how she comes across to the rest of the women. I did see some chemistry between Vienna and Jake, but I think she is way too immature and self-involved for him. I do think some of it has to be Vienna for all the women to have a negative opinion of her. Plus, her conversation with Gia re-enforced it for me. The edit isn't showing us why she is disliked and is trying to make her sympathetic I believe. However, from a logical standpoint, I don't see her getting a F1 edit. Maybe that is the point, to surprise/drama.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. The surprise was supposed to be Jake picking Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3801137;
    editing, my dear, editing - besides, we've heard them all voice pretty much the same thoughts, so I think we can safely say that she spoke for them all in what she said. Editing wants to give us an Ali and Vienna showdown, so that's what we're going to see for till Ali leaves. We've heard a lot of "if he likes her, he won't like me" speeches, and I'm thinking that's what it's going to come down to with Ali. It's hard to fall for somebody that's acting like an idiot
    I understand that, but are you saying that the other girls can't speak for themselves? It seems to me that Ali was all too comfortable leading the group. Come on girls... let's toast to Corrie! I'm a female and that completely said b*tch to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3801151;
    I understand that, but are you saying that the other girls can't speak for themselves? It seems to me that Ali was all too comfortable leading the group. Come on girls... let's toast to Corrie! I'm a female and that completely said b*tch to me.
    what I'm saying is, how do we know that they didn't? just because we didn't see it on the tv screen doens't mean it didn't happen. None of the girls are shy about how they feel about Vienna and I'm sure they've all had their say to her face... the editors just want us to see an Ali/Vienna showdown, so that's what we're going to get.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

I seem to remember Shayne being the one leading the charge in her season that girls with roses shouldn't be seeking 1-1 time before girls without roses in her season..

One of the most valuable skills a spouse can have in life is diplomacy...makes getting along with the in-laws much easier If I were in a situation where EVERYONE hated the person I was dating - that would be a red-flag for me... Jake has got to be worried that Vienna has no people skills. This will make his life very difficult. He doesn't seem one who would thrive on drama...although he certainly created it last season!

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3801153;
    what I'm saying is, how do we know that they didn't? just because we didn't see it on the tv screen doens't mean it didn't happen. None of the girls are shy about how they feel about Vienna and I'm sure they've all had their say to her face... the editors just want us to see an Ali/Vienna showdown, so that's what we're going to get.
    Understood... and I still think Ali is a b*tch! That's just my opinion though. I think several of them are. I watch with a filter... my 83 yo mother. She said they were all jealous, and my mother has the best intuition and is usually dead on regarding women and their actions. Needless to say, she's seen a lot of women during her lifetime.

FORT Fanatic

Every season I've seen it seems to come up that it is "not cool" to steal 1:1 time before the RC when you already have a rose. They play this drama each season. You'd think if these contestants have seen previous seasons they'd know it won't go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3801158;
    I seem to remember Shayne being the one leading the charge in her season that girls with roses shouldn't be seeking 1-1 time before girls without roses in her season..

One of the most valuable skills a spouse can have in life is diplomacy...makes getting along with the in-laws much easier If I were in a situation where EVERYONE hated the person I was dating - that would be a red-flag for me... Jake has got to be worried that Vienna has no people skills. This will make his life very difficult. He doesn't seem one who would thrive on drama...although he certainly created it last season!
    good point. From what I can remember about Vienna's interview before she apologized, it was going to be a totally insincere one anyway, she was just going to be the bigger person and try to make piece. The girls didn't buy it, so she cried. Gia, her one friend in the house, she then called fake and now she has nobody. I can't see Jake with her either. I could see him with Ali, Gia and even Tenley... but not Vienna. Why are we destined to have gag-worthy F1's? will the next one break the cycle? I sure hope so.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

FORT Newbie

Count me as one of the people who thought Ali was a total jerk tonight. She (as well as Corrie and a few of the others) reminded me of the middle schoolers I teach. I am usually of the thought with adults in real life that if everyone hates someone then the person has done something wrong...but this is not a real-life situation and really seems to resemble junior high much more than anything. It seemed very much the pack mentality/mean girls. It does make me wonder if Jake picks Vienna, because the clips tonight made her rootable for many (where I read elsewhere it was across the board dislike of Ali).

I almost forgot - I did not get the sudden concern for Elizabeth. They were complaining about her last week and now they are on Vienna's case about taking her time (which she easily found more of...I have never understood that argument since the parties supposedly last hours). I was waiting for someone to tell her she should have used her time more wisely (which is what Elizabeth told someone last week when they were mad because someone barged in on them). The jumping from side to side but always having a catty remark...SO like the kids I teach it is scary.
    Last edited by peachoc; 01-19-2010 at 02:45 AM.

I suspect they are directed to approach the Bachelor at that particular time. I seriously doubt it is their idea. In real life, I just can't see any girl, with a rose already in hand, walking up and interrupting a conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3801163;
    Understood... and I still think Ali is a b*tch! That's just my opinion though. I think several of them are. I watch with a filter... my 83 yo mother. She said they were all jealous, and my mother has the best intuition and is usually dead on regarding women and their actions. Needless to say, she's seen a lot of women during her lifetime.
    LOL - I guess you could say Ali fell a little into the "b!tchy" catagory tonight, but that's how I act too when I've had enough of something... I just think Vienna has gotten on thier last nerve and is irritating the crap out of them all... I know she is me and I've only had to watch her for a few hours