Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F2 *SPOILERS*

The Edit for the Rumored F2 *SPOILERS*

**** buffer for spoilers ******

This thread is dedicated strictly to editing details as they relate to [mod edit]. Please use this thread to post anything you notice in the edit that helps us construct the story being told about [mod edit].
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-16-2010 at 09:24 PM.

Re: The Edit - Tenley

Okay everyone did I really hear Tenley in the Bachelor promos last night on abc tell Jake she is pregnant? What happened to the girl that said she had only been with one man her ex-husband? Boy am I confused!
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This is from their 1:1 at the Comedy Club. Apparently she started off the convo with a joke; a way to ease into telling him about her marriage and divorce. The usual Promo misdirect.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3798255;
    This is from their 1:1 at the Comedy Club. Apparently she started off the convo with a joke; a way to ease into telling him about her marriage and divorce. The usual Promo misdirect.
    Men would never consider this as an acceptable joke in my oppinion. But then again I understand what TPTB can do to us and the contestants.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Somewhere in another thread it is posted that Tenley's mom addressed the issue (Facebook?) and they both laughed about it; that Jake is a practical joker.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3798263;
    Somewhere in another thread it is posted that Tenley's mom addressed the issue (Facebook?) and they both laughed about it; that Jake is a practical joker.
    I am sooooo far behind in reading all these threads for this season. I just don't have the time to keep up during the season. Thanks Arielflies for this information. Jake's personality we see on this show does remind me of other guys I know who are practical jokers. Often that is their basic sense of humor.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3798257;
    Men would never consider this as an acceptable joke in my oppinion. But then again I understand what TPTB can do to us and the contestants.
    I'm not a man, but I had exactly the same reaction, eowenc. Just not funny at all, more like shocking. And from what we have seen so far of Tenley, and Jake for that matter, it doesn't suit either of their personalities to have this kind of sense of humor. Sounds more like something Roz would try to pull off. There's going to have to be some masterful editing around this 'joke' to have it come off as funny, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3798363;
    I'm not a man, but I had exactly the same reaction, eowenc. Just not funny at all, more like shocking. And from what we have seen so far of Tenley, and Jake for that matter, it doesn't suit either of their personalities to have this kind of sense of humor. Sounds more like something Roz would try to pull off. There's going to have to be some masterful editing around this 'joke' to have it come off as funny, imo.
    I can't help but talk about how a man feels about this kind of talk. It is serious stuff and never to be made into anything funny. Seeing how it is edited will be interesting. Once upon a time I had a woman friend who was very close to me in a friend only kind of sense. I decided that we should test the posibility of making our relationship romantic because we were such good friends. At dinner she asked, "I think I am pregnant! Can I tell my parents it is yours? They would understand." I knew she was dating a married man so this even though it was not meant to be funny was actually shocking. The best part is I joined facebook in the last three weeks and guess who found me after a number of years. Now we can laugh about the situation!

ETA: It turns out she wasn't pregnant! What she did then put the brakes on something I suspect we both really wanted. Just don't ever joke about this or even discuss it if you are not 100% sure!!
    Last edited by eowenc; 01-16-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: ETA:

FORT Fan

Tenley's attempt at humor in a not so humorous subject further shows she is not ready for a new relationship. I imagine this is what Jake tells her when he lets her go at F2. She reminds me of a wounded bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3798363;
    I don't see anything funny about that at all, either. I'm gonna call my friend & tell him I saw his dog lying dead on the street in front of his house. Oh, the laughs we will have over that one!!!!!!

What were they thinking?
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast