Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F2 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: The Edit - Tenley

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3798507;
    The way they are editing her for the next episode is wrong. The headlines are saying she has a bun in the oven. I would be pissed.
    First, to go for the high drama is so very typical of Fleiss. Second, he has already stated in an article that he thinks that trash is necessary for reality tv to be successful.
    It is dramatic and trashy to take a Tenley who tells us that she and her husband were virgins when they married and who tells us that she hasn't kissed anybody since and have her make the pregnant joke.
    It would still have been controversial even if someone else had said it, but if it were said by someone who appears to have "been around" a little more, it would not have been quite as trashy a tactic.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

It will be interesting to see how Tenley's edit progresses. From the first two episodes, she does appear inexperienced and naive but also portrayed as someone who is not over what happened with her ex-husband yet. I understand she was hurt by him but she has shed tears over it on camera in both episodes so far. I really can't see her as the next Bachelorette. She mentioned that kissing was a very big deal to her. How would she handle 25 guys wanting to kiss her?

Unless I see a different side to Tenley in the upcoming episodes, I can see her totally gullible enough to believe that being the next Bachelorette would be a great thing. If she is... I can see the season becoming a total train wreck, with her emotions, and I'll be very angry with Fleiss!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3798557;
    Unless I see a different side to Tenley in the upcoming episodes, I can see her totally gullible enough to believe that being the next Bachelorette would be a great thing. If she is... I can see the season becoming a total train wreck, with her emotions, and I'll be very angry with Fleiss!

Fleiss doesn't care what we think of him. If he thinks people will tune in to see exactly how on earth sweet, vulnerable Tenley would be able to handle dating 25 guys, he will definitely go for it.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

FORT Newbie

I have been a long time lurker... so hi everyone! My question is... isn't it typical for the F2 to get the so called "sexual edit"? I remember Bevin's edit being over the top with sexual chemistry and I just can't see Tenley fitting that mold.

Quote Originally Posted by ljc-writer;3798573;
    I have been a long time lurker... so hi everyone! My question is... isn't it typical for the F2 to get the so called "sexual edit"? I remember Bevin's edit being over the top with sexual chemistry and I just can't see Tenley fitting that mold.

Gia F3, will probably get that edit or even F1 Vienna.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by ljc-writer;3798573;
    I was wondering about this, too. Maybe it matters what kind of character is chosen for F1?

If the F1 would be someone likely to be considered not the best choice (Roz, Vienna, Gia?) then perhaps a sweet, appealing, girl next door type F2 works better for contrast.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phillyphan2;3798584;

If the F1 would be someone likely to be considered not the best choice (Roz, Vienna, Gia?) then perhaps a sweet, appealing, girl next door type F2 works better for contrast.
    And, thus, sets her up nicely as the next Bachelorette. The public outcry will call for her nomination b/c how could Jake turn down a sweet and lovely Tenley for Vienna, a la Jason.

There are 2 types of F2 -- the sexy edit & then the nice and sweet edit (Brooke also fell in this category though she didn't become the Bachelorette.)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3798457;
    Bloomers I believe you are correct. I don't want to see Tenley as the next Bette.

She seems like a sweet enough girl, but I'm not sure she has the humor or the wit to keep me entertained. I saw that at the end of the first episode when the girls were in the kitchen talking about what animal they were in bed. Tenley said giraffe because they walk like models...I don't think she understood what was meant by the question because the girls had to tell her Jed meant "in bed" she just looked confused. Tenley is going to be just fine without Jake. She'll find a nice guy around her own age who can appreciate her inexperience & naivete.
    I know...I re-watched this and she mis-heard or mis-interpreted that Vienna was talking about the animal in bed question posed by Ed and Jillian. She thought they were talking about the model shoot and when they clued her in she collapsed in laughter as did Vienna.

I agree with your comment about her naivete and I hope for her sake she does find a nice Christian man who won't cheat on her and live happily ever after...or...pursue her dance career...or...

She said in her pre-episode 1 piece that she was looking for Prince Charming and hoped to find him...now that could have been a nice edit seque from her telling us about dancing as Disney Princesses or that really is her dream. Who knows.

She seems to be a nice, sweet girl...so far.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 01-16-2010 at 08:51 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Re: The Edit for the Rumored F3 *SPOILERS*

Tenley was married before, so her naivete must have some limits. TPTB want us to see her as innocent and near-virginal, but in reality (seemingly in short supply on this show) I bet she knows what's what. Personally, I think she will resist the oh so tempting offer to become the next bachelorette. Someone as nice, normal, and drama-free as she appears must have a supportive family. Hopefully, her family and network of friends will advise her against playing along with Fleiss.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123