Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F2 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: The Edit - Tenley

Here is what my perception is telling me.....Tenley was put up to that lame attempt at humor by a prompt from a producer. Now we all know that they do it, and we all know that most of the attempts are meant to come out as dramatic.

I have long, long suspected that somebody on the staff (producer, staff psychologist?) has an incredibly deep understanding of human psychology. Whoever that person is perceptively knew that as a man Jake would not think that was funny (regardless of whether we see him laugh). In the same manner, Amanda was led astray by the same people when they encouraged her to believe that Matt would appreciate the parents' HT prank and especially where the (unknown to him fake) mother was rubbing his nipple. Obviously, he did not and neither did the audience.

I knew when I saw Ashleigh (in a bikini) interrupt Gia's time that the symbol was meant to antagonize and stir up Gia who makes her living as a bikini model.
    Sometimes it just chaps my buns - excuse me - that someone with such a marvelous perception of human psychology allows him/herself to be used in such a negative manner.

I am afraid that Tenley is quite naive and gullible. For all of Jake's curtesy and apparent nice guy persona, nevertheless, at 31 this guy has been around the block several times. In contrast Tenley has just crossed a busy street.
    Out of the 4 she should be the best choice by her qualities, but I am afraid she is just too inexperienced for a 31 year old guy on the Bachelor.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

FORT Fogey

Can you imagine what they will do with her if she becomes the B'ette? Lordy!

Bloomers I believe you are correct. I don't want to see Tenley as the next Bette.

She seems like a sweet enough girl, but I'm not sure she has the humor or the wit to keep me entertained. I saw that at the end of the first episode when the girls were in the kitchen talking about what animal they were in bed. Tenley said giraffe because they walk like models...I don't think she understood what was meant by the question because the girls had to tell her Jed meant "in bed" she just looked confused. Tenley is going to be just fine without Jake. She'll find a nice guy around her own age who can appreciate her inexperience & naivete.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

I don't want to see Tenley as the next Bette.

She seems like a sweet enough girl, but I'm not sure she has the humor or the wit to keep me entertained. I saw that at the end of the first episode when the girls were in the kitchen talking about what animal they were in bed. Tenley said giraffe because they walk like models...I don't think she understood what was meant by the question because the girls had to tell her Jed meant "in bed" she just looked confused. Tenley is going to be just fine without Jake. She'll find a nice guy around her own age who can appreciate her inexperience & naivete
    I heard it put by someone else as "grit" and "edge". I think she has a good sense of humor and most likely is plenty bright, but I just question if she has that toughness about her that is needed. Even DeAnna cried throughout the process, and she is a tough cookie. Look at the way that Jillian handled it - she cried buckets as well also. Neither of them is anything as sweet as Tenley.

Quote Originally Posted by TessaBridesmaid;3798461;
    Bllomers-

I've appreciated your perspectives and insights for several seasons now.

Your Tenley post was money IMHO and connected all the Tenley "dots" for me.

Well done.

Thank you. I understand Tenley's persona quite well, but Tenley as an F2 is an enigma to me. She just doesn't fit that role well. Although P-Lo's (virgin) Sadie wasn't tough she had a business woman's savviness about her, and Byron's Tanya had a classy reserved dignity about her. I think we have to go back to Aaron's Brooke to find an F2 that is similar to Tenley.
    The more I think about it, the more I think that Gia would have made the more logical F2!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3798257;
    Men would never consider this as an acceptable joke in my oppinion. But then again I understand what TPTB can do to us and the contestants.
    Really????

I'm a big joker by nature (used the pregnancy joke on April Fool's to my husband when we were dating) and have been wondering what the big hub-bub over her saying this is?? I think it's funny and the perfect way to break any ice/tension before she lays the "D" bomb on him.

I mean, seriously-- it's not like Jake would ever think it was his since he obviously knows they never slept together... but I'm sure he'd be taken by surprise. Then when she says, "I'm divorced," he says, phew! You almost got me with that pregnancy joke.

To me, no big deal...I think it's really funny and makes me like Tenley (and her sense of humor) all the more!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

As far as Tenley's edit -- if I didn't know better, I'd say she was getting the F3 edit: very loveable, great intro on the premiere, lots of face shots, but still in the background for now. Compared to other F2's (Trista, Brooke, Jenni, Jason, and Kiptyn come to mind), she's getting much, much less face time than they did at this point. The only F2 I can compare her with is Chelsea, who wasn't shown nearly as much as Amanda (F3) was but Chelsea had a somewhat controversial edit (crotch shot while clipping her toes and fighting with the other girls) whereas I couldn't see Tenley doing either of those.

IDK, Tenley's F2 edit is an enigma to me....
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3798478;
    Really????

I'm a big joker by nature (used the pregnancy joke on April Fool's to my husband when we were dating) and have been wondering what the big hub-bub over her saying this is?? I think it's funny and the perfect way to break any ice/tension before she lays the "D" bomb on him.

I mean, seriously-- it's not like Jake would ever think it was his since he obviously knows they never slept together... but I'm sure he'd be taken by surprise. Then when she says, "I'm divorced," he says, phew! You almost got me with that pregnancy joke.

To me, no big deal...I think it's really funny and makes me like Tenley (and her sense of humor) all the more!

From the response, again this is a controversial issue! Some people are going to think it is really funny while a great many do not. It makes for a lot of buzz...
    My opinion is that the producers know Jake and how he will respond. If he would just think it was funny, then I would suspect they wouldn't waste the time on it. I 'm thinking they are going for the drama....

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3798478;
    Really????

As I said I can't wait to see how they edit this. It will make all the difference in the world. It is there to start a buzz and it worked didn't it?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Everyone has said the very same things I've been thinking of when I think of Tenley. She doesn't have the life experience to be the next Bachelorette, it would be far too challenging for her to determine and identify what she wants. She's a sweet young lady, who needs to meet a gentle loving man who will look after her, that's my impression of the type of man she needs. I certainly could be wrong. Put her with 25 men, with all the Fliess-twists, it would not be a pretty season.

I'm surprised she is F2, I would have put her somewhere in F6. She has been married, and hasn't been with anyone before or after, how does she even know what she is looking for in a man. The inexperience to me is quite clear on my screen. I'm one that doesn't think the pregnant joke is funny, its immaturity IMO. There isn't a time or place that I can think of when someone would say that as a joke. As Bloomers mentioned, its probably producer driven, unfortunately the normal viewer won't know that.

I think just being on the show is a great experience for her and would give her the confidence to start dating. As a matter of fact, I would encourage her to date several guys before she even thinks of getting married again.

I'm looking to see how they edit her with respect to being F2 because I think she is a very different F2 when compared to past seasons.

The way they are editing her for the next episode is wrong. The headlines are saying she has a bun in the oven. I would be pissed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast