Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F1 *SPOILERS*

Re: The Edit for the Rumored F1 *SPOILERS*

OK - one more time here - THIS is RS's quote about Ali leaving..............
    I'm hearing Ali voluntarily leaves the show at this point for, I think, work related reasons.
    And - because he says this - every one thinks Ali leaves for work reasons - when in actuality - HE DOESN"T KNOW why she leaves - her edit is certainly heading in the direction of another reason - not work related...............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3798751;
    OK - one more time here - THIS is RS's quote about Ali leaving..............

And - because he says this - every one thinks Ali leaves for work reasons - when in actuality - HE DOESN"T KNOW why she leaves - her edit is certainly heading in the direction of another reason - not work related...............
    That she did not like the way Jake was with Vienna?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ljc-writer;3798717;
    The edit Vienna is receiving is puzzling me too. She isn't being hidden, she isn't exactly likable, but she isn't being portrayed as a bad gal either. Bloomers pointed out that she is being edited similarly to Deanna; is it possible that the producers are deliberately misleading us into thinking Jake picked no one? We have red herrings all over the place - Ali leaving for work just like Ed, but not coming back - Jake saying "you don't have to pick anyone" etc. Would TPTB go back and re-edit footage to stump those of us that have read the RS spoilers or are we too few to matter?
    We are too few to matter.

Vienna's edit will make sense in hindsight. We're only 2 episodes in. They've got a lot more messin with our heads to do!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3798692;
    These are comments I posted on the Edit Anlyisis thread about Vienna's edit. Just bringing them over here. These are 2 things I felt I picked up in the edit that might indicate Vienna is the F1.

Epi 1 showing Vienna's locket open displaying 2 hearts connected and then closed as if the 2 hearts became 1.

Epi 2: At the RC when Jake mentioned he believed his soul mate was in the room he was looking towards Vienna just as he finished the comment, and then he called Vienna's name for the first rose. They could have edited that differently by panning to the girls when Jake spoke those words. We'd have no idea where he was looking or they could have edited out the comment about soul mate.

Just initial thoughts
    I felt certain that Vienna would be getting the first rose at that RC simply because of the personal story that she told Jake about her marriage. They always reward 'opening up' about something personal and/or painful. In fact, I thought she would get the date rose. It was weird that he gave it to Beth, followed by that bizarre tease act. I think Jake didn't have a choice who that date rose was going to.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3798787;
    I felt certain that Vienna would be getting the first rose at that RC simply because of the personal story that she told Jake about her marriage. They always reward 'opening up' about something personal and/or painful. In fact, I thought she would get the date rose. It was weird that he gave it to Beth, followed by that bizarre tease act. I think Jake didn't have a choice who that date rose was going to.
    I actually think he wanted to give the group date rose to Vienna but knew that if he did that he'd have to select someone else for his 1:1 and he knew at that point he wanted some real time with Vienna - so he gave the rose to Beth and chose Vienna for the 1:1 for the bungie jump.

This is kind of interesting - again in the long preview following epi 1.

Picture of Jake and Tenley in the eternity pool with a VO saying 'jumping into a relationship is very scary, you never know what's gonna happen.' Picture immediately cuts to Jake and Vienna jumping off the 'Bridge to Nowhere.' Hmmm

I think Vienna and Michelle are essentially acting the same way, just with their own personality traits making it appear slightly different. I think viewers response to Vienna is more positive because things softened up and there were other chickens to fry (Rozlyn) in episode 2. While some viewers might actually be liking her gradually others maybe encouraging themselves to like her in the hopes they can get behind the rumored F1 and a potentially successful couple early on.

However, Vienna and Michelle's sentiments are exactly the same. They are both emotional and criers. Michelle is a bit more hard-edged, demanding and desperate. While, Vienna is a bit more hearts & flowers, girly and sociable with hers. But, they are essentilly the same.

Michelle is all: I'm here for one reason only to get to know Jake, fall in love, get married and have children; no one else is as serious about this or deserving of this as me; he should be asking me out on a date and kissing me and if he's not I should be leaving; while also being i'm only here for Jake I'm not here to make friends.

While, Vienna is all: I'm the only one who is truly a match for Jake; other girls are deceitful, liars and fakes, while I'm truly here for him and for love; and when you finally go on a 1-on1 with him is when you truly know how great he is and your feelings for him; being slightly possessive of jake and at the same time calling other girls fake as can be; still being sociable with some of the girls.

Both girls have been hurt in the past in the pursuit of love. Both girls are "supposedly" there to find love. Both girls think Jake might be the one for them and he should only be focusing on them, because they are the only girl right or a match for him. They have the same sentiment and general feelings about the other girls. Vienna is more acceptable because she's known to (per RS) stick around to be F1 and is viewed as being young and so in love with Jake. While Michelle is viewed as on-edge, desperate, demanding and out at next week's show.

I don't particularly think Vienna is the right one for Jake, nor am I excited at the prospect of her being F1. I don't think she's an evil person but, I don't think she's all sweetness and light either. My only point is that I view Vienna's & Michelle's feelings about Jake and actions and feelings towards the other girls to be at their core, the same. Vienna is just a bit better at being flirty, charming and girly with Jake and sociable with the girls. While, Michelle doesn't want to be sociable with the girls, doesn't know how to be flirty with Jake, and is a bit too direct, demanding, and emotional. Same sentiment but, Vienna's personality, potential F1 status and tears get her out of the negative spin/edit. Michelle's personality, early exit, and tears keep her on the negative side of things. jmo

BTW, there are 2 separate confrontations with Vienna. The one where Vienna is going on about her date & then calling Gia fake where she has her hair down with bangs, wearing a black sleeveless shirt on with a red/pink tartan scarf. Gia has her hair in pony tail with dangling earrings and a thin strapped black/white striped tank and Ali is wearing white shirt. Then, the other one where Vienna gets into it, apologizes, and cries with Ali, where she is wearing a black short-sleeved shirt with her bangs pinned to the side. Gia is wearing like a split ponytail with a black/white patterned thick strapped tank and Ali is in a bathing suit & green cover-up. Alot happening in between the two confrontations.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;3798996;
    I think Vienna and Michelle are essentially acting the same way, just with their own personality traits making it appear slightly different. I think viewers response to Vienna is more positive because things softened up and there were other chickens to fry (Rozlyn) in episode 2. While some viewers might actually be liking her gradually others maybe encouraging themselves to like her in the hopes they can get behind the rumored F1 and a potentially successful couple early on.

However, Vienna and Michelle's sentiments are exactly the same. They are both emotional and criers. Michelle is a bit more hard-edged, demanding and desperate. While, Vienna is a bit more hearts & flowers, girly and sociable with hers. But, they are essentilly the same.

Michelle is all: I'm here for one reason only to get to know Jake, fall in love, get married and have children; no one else is as serious about this or deserving of this as me; he should be asking me out on a date and kissing me and if he's not I should be leaving; while also being i'm only here for Jake I'm not here to make friends.

While, Vienna is all: I'm the only one who is truly a match for Jake; other girls are deceitful, liars and fakes, while I'm truly here for him and for love; and when you finally go on a 1-on1 with him is when you truly know how great he is and your feelings for him; being slightly possessive of jake and at the same time calling other girls fake as can be; still being sociable with some of the girls.

Both girls have been hurt in the past in the pursuit of love. Both girls are "supposedly" there to find love. Both girls think Jake might be the one for them and he should only be focusing on them, because they are the only girl right or a match for him. They have the same sentiment and general feelings about the other girls. Vienna is more acceptable because she's known to (per RS) stick around to be F1 and is viewed as being young and so in love with Jake. While Michelle is viewed as on-edge, desperate, demanding and out at next week's show.

I don't particularly think Vienna is the right one for Jake, nor am I excited at the prospect of her being F1. I don't think she's an evil person but, I don't think she's all sweetness and light either. My only point is that I view Vienna's & Michelle's feelings about Jake and actions and feelings towards the other girls to be at their core, the same. Vienna is just a bit better at being flirty, charming and girly with Jake and sociable with the girls. While, Michelle doesn't want to be sociable with the girls, doesn't know how to be flirty with Jake, and is a bit too direct, demanding, and emotional. Same sentiment but, Vienna's personality, potential F1 status and tears get her out of the negative spin/edit. Michelle's personality, early exit, and tears keep her on the negative side of things. jmo

BTW, there are 2 separate confrontations with Vienna. The one where Vienna is going on about her date & then calling Gia fake where she has her hair down with bangs, wearing a black sleeveless shirt on with a red/pink tartan scarf. Gia has her hair in pony tail with dangling earrings and a thin strapped black/white striped tank and Ali is wearing white shirt. Then, the other one where Vienna gets into it, apologizes, and cries with Ali, where she is wearing a black short-sleeved shirt with her bangs pinned to the side. Gia is wearing like a split ponytail with a black/white patterned thick strapped tank and Ali is in a bathing suit & green cover-up. Alot happening in between the two confrontations.
    Such a great post and the way I've been thinking about Vienna! Part of me wonders how everyone would feel about her if we didn't know she was F1--would everyone think she was just as possessive/annoying as Michelle??

I am happy (relieved) to say I don't have a favorite this season though there are girls I like - but Vienna is not 1 of them. Objectively, she is just as annoying as Michelle and her little comments about the other girls is grating. If you rewatch the scene with Tenley at the end, you'll see a look that Vienna gives her--total Deanna moment.

I can totally see where Ali calls her out, something us Mass. girls are great at doing, though we never do it if it's not uncalled for.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3799123;
    Such a great post and the way I've been thinking about Vienna! Part of me wonders how everyone would feel about her if we didn't know she was F1--would everyone think she was just as possessive/annoying as Michelle??

I am happy (relieved) to say I don't have a favorite this season though there are girls I like - but Vienna is not 1 of them. Objectively, she is just as annoying as Michelle and her little comments about the other girls is grating. If you rewatch the scene with Tenley at the end, you'll see a look that Vienna gives her--total Deanna moment.

I can totally see where Ali calls her out, something us Mass. girls are great at doing, though we never do it if it's not uncalled for.
    The thing I noticed though about Ali calling out Vienna is that she does it to Michelle too.. It's in one of the sneek peeks showing the group on the comedy date.. the way she "called out" Michelle was IMO very underhanded. She knows Michelle is over emotional so she very politely attacks her. For instance, when someone that compliments you with something like "Oh you have pretty eyes even thought they are far apart". When Michelle asks her to name a precise time that she was mean to her Ali say "now"...that clip left me with the impression that Ali is playing dirty to "win" not because she really likes Jake. I know these clips are shown to draw us in with the promise of drama and they usually fall short of that but still that clip left me with a bad feeling about her. I need to state that I have been a rabid fan of Ali's and Tenley's...

Although we do see Ali calling Michelle out on the group date....they seem to be trying to get people to think that Michelle is the meanie and everyone hates her. I'm not sure how it will come across on television though. I guess we will see tommorow night!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast