Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F1 *SPOILERS*

Re: The Edit - Vienna

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakex;3798562;
    I thought ep 2 edited Vienna being very down to earth and likeable. I loved her PI where she was annoyed with Michelle, called her Debbie Downer and waved her arms around in frustration. I can't wait to see her ep 3 edit, I'm guessing she'll be shown as somehow misunderstood by the other girls, and we will be empathetic.
    I already am! I will not be surprised to see the other girls ganging up on her - led by Ali!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3798581;
    I already am! I will not be surprised to see the other girls ganging up on her - led by Ali!

hmmmm, Ali, is not the goody two shoes her edit protrays her to be.

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;3798554;
    Bloomers - makes me wonder if maybe Ali was supposed to be F2 (or F3), Tenley F4, Gia F3 (or F2), Vienna F1 and Ali leaving early messed with the edits a bit. A show down at the end with the 2 blondes, maybe?
    On episode 1, Gia commented about the football game "we killed them, the blondes never had a chance," when she said that automatically what came to my mind was she was going to be in the F2 against a blonde.
    Sometimes nothing needs to be said........you just know there's a connection. Ali/Roberto.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3798592;
    On episode 1, Gia commented about the football game "we killed them, the blondes never had a chance," when she said that automatically what came to my mind was she was going to be in the F2 against a blonde.
    My exact feeling. Gia and a blond, Vienna/Corrie are F2

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798551;
    I read an interview on Jokers with the other producer Martin. He spoke of "the little tempt" in having Reid go back. That just confirmed for me what I have thought the edit showed which is that Ed was F1. The signs pointed that way from Reid's very late 1-1 date to the type of Fantasy Date he had ( just like Jillian's F3 date with Jason). In fact, I suspect that Jake was the original member of the F4 (with that first concert date), but Jillian simply did not take to him. That would explain the big Episode one clip of him and the "best friend" speech, etc. When she did not cotton to him, I believe that Reid took his place in the F4. That would explain the later 1-1 date which had to be scheduled in and then the relationship made to look very strong.

What did confuse me was Ed's leaving and coming back. Did he come back on his own? Did Jillian pine for him, did they pull him back, or did he ask to come back? Obviously, that would change things if it appeared that he really was going to stay off the show. Reid would have been #1. I can't tell the answer to that from any of the edit clues.

Reid was always F3. He would have never received that edit if he were F1. He got the typical fan favorite wonderful F3 edit.
    I will always believe that Ed leaving was producer driven because Jillian knew quite early on Ed was the one she wanted. She had said herself, if it wasn't Ed, it would have been no one. I don't think Ali comes back, but it certainly is a coincendence that she leaves for work related issues, when it should be cleared with an employer the possible length of time you can be gone.

The s/cap of Ed in the fountain in Spain, that many thought was Mike, was posted on May 21st in the s/cap thread. At that time, Ed had already left the show. Those of us who knew it was Ed, knew he was coming back, even though at the time many posters disagreed because Ed left and he was seen at home. Huge clue, but the edit messes with your head.

Many of the screencaps that followed, clearly showed them embracing, holding hands, etc however if the viewer is rooting for their favourite, they don't see it.

The other thing I noticed, going back to Jillian's s/cap discussion thread, is, there were a ton of s/caps of Kip and discussions to the effect that there were so many of him, and so little of Reid, the hidden one who surely was going to be F1.

I think, the rule of hidden, doesn't really apply anymore? therefore Vienna should be shown just as much as F2.

The question is how do they edit the F1? Do they make it look like she is a villain, hated by everyone in the house or a spoiled brat or someone who grows on you with each epi?

I think we could learn awhole lot in the editing department this season.

It would be fun to keep a short running tally on each epi on how she was edit.

Epi 1. spoiled brat, daddy's girl, 5 cars

Epi 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle;3798592;
    I thought she said that the blonde's never even scored

Re: The Edit for the Rumored F1 *SPOILERS*

they have already shown Vienna being jealous of/not liking the other girls having one on one time with Jake, throwing themselves at Jake, etc. - that is very much an F1 edit. also, the girls not liking her and her time with Jake is also a typical F1 edit. i think most of the girls probably make statements that show they are jealous of the time the bachelor spends with the other girls and probably make statements about not liking, being sick of, etc. other girls - the prod./editors then take the tape of the F1 making these statements and put them on the show and the other girls' statements end up on the cutting room floor.

These are comments I posted on the Edit Anlyisis thread about Vienna's edit. Just bringing them over here. These are 2 things I felt I picked up in the edit that might indicate Vienna is the F1.

Epi 1 showing Vienna's locket open displaying 2 hearts connected and then closed as if the 2 hearts became 1.

Epi 2: At the RC when Jake mentioned he believed his soul mate was in the room he was looking towards Vienna just as he finished the comment, and then he called Vienna's name for the first rose. They could have edited that differently by panning to the girls when Jake spoke those words. We'd have no idea where he was looking or they could have edited out the comment about soul mate.

Just initial thoughts

FORT Newbie

The edit Vienna is receiving is puzzling me too. She isn't being hidden, she isn't exactly likable, but she isn't being portrayed as a bad gal either. Bloomers pointed out that she is being edited similarly to Deanna; is it possible that the producers are deliberately misleading us into thinking Jake picked no one? We have red herrings all over the place - Ali leaving for work just like Ed, but not coming back - Jake saying "you don't have to pick anyone" etc. Would TPTB go back and re-edit footage to stump those of us that have read the RS spoilers or are we too few to matter?

Quote Originally Posted by ljc-writer;3798717;
    The edit Vienna is receiving is puzzling me too. She isn't being hidden, she isn't exactly likable, but she isn't being portrayed as a bad gal either. Bloomers pointed out that she is being edited similarly to Deanna; is it possible that the producers are deliberately misleading us into thinking Jake picked no one? We have red herrings all over the place - Ali leaving for work just like Ed, but not coming back - Jake saying "you don't have to pick anyone" etc. Would TPTB go back and re-edit footage to stump those of us that have read the RS spoilers or are we too few to matter?
    I see a lot of resemblance to Shayne's edit: ditzy, materialistic, immature, even peroxide blonde. Vienna has had good visibility, but has not completely dominated air time, as Shayne did.

I'm wondering if the producers count on people's hope for Jake to follow after Ali to keep interest up. It will be interesting to see how her leaving is edited. Ummm... to tie this statement into Vienna's edit - this will be part of the distraction to create doubt about Vienna.

And I expect Gia's story to start picking up, now that Roz is gone. While Roz got the trashy evil sexy vamp edit, Gia's story may develop as a sweet, vulnerable sexy girl. If she was meant to be F4, and got bumped up by Ali's premature departure, she may not have that much of a story line. But if she was meant to be F3 we should start to see some development.
    Last edited by phillyphan2; 01-16-2010 at 09:04 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast