Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

******* buffer for spoilers*********

This thread is dedicated strictly to editing details as they relate to [mod edit]. Please use this thread to post anything you notice in the edit that helps us construct the story being told about [mod edit].
    Last edited by hepcat; 01-16-2010 at 09:25 PM.

Re: The Edit - Ali

(repost from Edit Analysis)
    For this season, I'm gonna focus on Ali's edit. Epi 2 and Epi 3 are definitely developing Ali's departure storyline.

Epi 2
    When Jake leaves on the InStyle date, Ali says to the other girls something like: My first wave of jealousy.

When Jake addresses the group after Rozlyn's departure, the camera focuses on Ali when he says "if there is anyone here who is not sure" during his speech about finding love.

While the girls are reflecting on how Jake will react to Rozlyn's deception, Gia comments: "Can you imagine, coming here, believing that this is gonna work, and then to find out that a girl that you gave a rose to, that you have kissed, that you have spent so much time with has done" –the camera then pans to a silent Ali--"this to you."

Ali says to the group: “One of you is staying tonight and is getting the chance with a guy who could be the man of your dreams because she left.” Does Vienna, Tenly, Gia get Ali’s rose at the F3 ceremony because she leaves?

We also find out during Jake and Ali's 1:1 date that Ali was selected as a contestant prior to Jake's selection as the Bachelor: She says, "When they told me it was you..." We also hear her say "No question in my mind that I wanted in. I want to be here with you."

Sneak Peek:
    On the sneak peek for Epi 3, Michelle confronts Ali about Ali's discomfort with Jake kissing other girls, that Ali "didn't know if she could be here." Michelle states that Ali questioned herself being on the show given that Jake has to be intimate with others. Might Ali leave at F4/F3 cuz she knows the FS's are up next?

Epi 3:
    Ali seems rather frustrated with Vienna for her relentless discussion of their 1:1 date. Ali says something like, "I don't like that he had a 1:1 date with you."

Basically, are they building a case to support Ali telling Jake she will leave or are they giving us reasons why Jake would "cut" her due to jealousy/wrong reasons?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3798206;
    (repost from Edit Analysis)
    For this season, I'm gonna focus on Ali's edit. Epi 2 and Epi 3 are definitely developing Ali's departure storyline.

Epi 2
    When Jake leaves on the InStyle date, Ali says to the other girls something like: My first wave of jealousy.

When Jake addresses the group after Rozlyn's departure, the camera focuses on Ali when he says "if there is anyone here who is not sure" during his speech about finding love.

While the girls are reflecting on how Jake will react to Rozlyn's deception, Gia comments: "Can you imagine, coming here, believing that this is gonna work, and then to find out that a girl that you gave a rose to, that you have kissed, that you have spent so much time with has done" –the camera then pans to a silent Ali--"this to you."

Ali says to the group: “One of you is staying tonight and is getting the chance with a guy who could be the man of your dreams because she left.” Does Vienna, Tenly, Gia get Ali’s rose at the F3 ceremony because she leaves?

We also find out during Jake and Ali's 1:1 date that Ali was selected as a contestant prior to Jake's selection as the Bachelor: She says, "When they told me it was you..." We also hear her say "No question in my mind that I wanted in. I want to be here with you."

Sneak Peek:
    On the sneak peek for Epi 3, Michelle confronts Ali about Ali's discomfort with Jake kissing other girls, that Ali "didn't know if she could be here." Michelle states that Ali questioned herself being on the show given that Jake has to be intimate with others. Might Ali leave at F4/F3 cuz she knows the FS's are up next?

Epi 3:
    Ali seems rather frustrated with Vienna for her relentless discussion of their 1:1 date. Ali says something like, "I don't like that he had a 1:1 date with you."

Basically, are they building a case to support Ali telling Jake she will leave or are they giving us reasons why Jake would "cut" her due to jealousy/wrong reasons?

You are building in the edit an excellent case for why Ali leaves. The excuse may or may not be work - but even that was just a supposition on RS's part; he wasn't in any way adamant about it - but it appears that the edit is going to give another reason: Ali cannot handle the process.

What is the precedence here? Graham left. Although DeAnna did not give him a rose, it was obvious by what she said to him ( "You were the one I could see myself with.") that it was Graham's choice to leave. Later we found out that Graham could not see himself committing to a proposal at the FRC which was something that DeAnna desperately wanted.
    Did the edit give us any kind of clue that Graham would have trouble committing? Yes! He had only had a very few relationships, and the longest of those was only a month. We also saw him in no uncertain terms tell her he had trouble with the process in that he simply did not want to kiss her after or before other guys. Thus, the stage was set for Graham's exit.

What about Ed's exit? (This is as far as the edit goes....) This one was carefully developed from their very first discussion concerning relationships taking a backseat to careers in their lives and was further developed by their conversation on the same theme on the rooftop on their 1-1; therefore, when we hear him tell her he is leaving for work reasons, though we may be shocked, we are not completely ambushed when this happens.

In addition, something else is happening here that did not happen so much with Graham or Ed. Ali - with whom the mass seems to have already fall in love - is going to receive a bit of negative editing in the next episode which may help us somewhat to let her go when it is time.

It appears that Ali is going to take on Michelle and make Vienna cry by her boldness, frankness, or forthrightness ( ala DeAnna in the house during Brad's season). She also alludes to telling Jake about what she thinks about Vienna ( a tattle-telling tact which almost always comes across poorly on this show).

Now, this is guaranteed to cause controversy just like it did with DeAnna. Those people who believe that people should speak their minds will believe that Ali is doing just what she should, and those who believe that she shouldn't will have plenty to say in that direction just like they did with DeAnna.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798268;
    You are building in the edit an excellent case for why Ali leaves. The excuse may or may not be work - but even that was just a supposition on RS's part; he wasn't in any way adamant about it - but it appears that the edit is going to give another reason: Ali cannot handle the process.

What is the precedence here? Graham left. Although DeAnna did not give him a rose, it was obvious by what she said to him ( "You were the one I could see myself with.") that it was Graham's choice to leave. Later we found out that Graham could not see himself committing to a proposal at the FRC which was something that DeAnna desperately wanted.
    Did the edit give us any kind of clue that Graham would have trouble committing? Yes! He had only had a very few relationships, and the longest of those was only a month. We also saw him in no uncertain terms tell her he had trouble with the process in that he simply did not want to kiss her after or before other guys. Thus, the stage was set for Graham's exit.

What about Ed's exit? (This is as far as the edit goes....) This one was carefully developed from their very first discussion concerning relationships taking a backseat to careers in their lives and was further developed by their conversation on the same theme on the rooftop on their 1-1; therefore, when we hear him tell her he is leaving for work reasons, though we may be shocked, we are not completely ambushed when this happens.

In addition, something else is happening here that did not happen so much with Graham or Ed. Ali - with whom the mass seems to have already fall in love - is going to receive a bit of negative editing in the next episode which may help us somewhat to let her go when it is time.

It appears that Ali is going to take on Michelle and make Vienna cry by her boldness, frankness, or forthrightness ( ala DeAnna in the house during Brad's season). She also alludes to telling Jake about what she thinks about Vienna ( a tattle-telling tact which almost always comes across poorly on this show).

Now, this is guaranteed to cause controversy just like it did with DeAnna. Those people who believe that people should speak their minds will believe that Ali is doing just what she should, and those who believe that she shouldn't will have plenty to say in that direction just like they did with DeAnna.
    From what we are given in the preview, the edit could be negative. What I also take away from Ali's statement about telling Jake that she wasn't happy Vienna returned from the date, is that Ali is comfortable in her relationship with Jake to tell him this. Now Jake may not appreciate her opinion or her forwardness in telling him this, but nevertheless, Ali has the confidence to do it.

If we assume that Jake is referring to Ali in the previews when he says "She tells me that she is falling in love with me and then leaves me", how does that fit into coming to terms with Ali's actions and the edit given leading up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3798278;
    From what we are given in the preview, the edit could be negative. What I also take away from Ali's statement about telling Jake that she wasn't happy Vienna returned from the date, is that Ali is comfortable in her relationship with Jake to tell him this. Now Jake may not appreciate her opinion or her forwardness in telling him this, but nevertheless, Ali has the confidence to do it.
    If we assume that Jake is referring to Ali in the previews when he says "She tells me that she is falling in love with me and then leaves me", how does that fit into coming to terms with Ali's actions and the edit given leading up?
    Jake seems to have caught on to Elizabeth's games so if Ali is a tatttle tale and is confrontational in a negative bully way I'm pretty sure Jake will be able to see it..and call her on it.

FORT Fogey

It is obvious that he does not like that she is leaving. I can only assume that Ali was not the one that he would have cut at the RC after the HTs, but I can't tell that. I do suspect that Ali's handler knew in advance of the RC ( just like Graham's handler knew) and advised the producers accordingly. (What we do know is that DeAnna's original plan changed at that point; whereas by her admission her original F4 was to be F1 Graham, F2 Jeremy, F3 Jesse, and F4 Jason after the HT RC the F3 became Jesse F1, Jason F2, and Jeremy F3.

Whether he was going to cut her or someone else, I would think he would not be happy that she chose to opt out - especially after she had gotten that far in the process. That is supposed to be the lead's choice!

What we see happening is the edit trying to establish some reasoning for Ali's leaving so that it will be more believable when we see it happen. Even though we may not even see any contention between them ( there was none on their date), we do see some things building up in the background.

This is very similar to what happened with DeAnna and Brad. The two of them got along great together. We saw the negative editing with her in the house, and the idea was that if they showed what could be taken as an unpleasant side of her, we would be better able to accept Brad's rejection of her at the FRC.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Not only all this, but did you notice how in E2 and E1 Ali appeared soft and delicate and sweet. . . except for where they showed her saying F$#K Rozyln. . .whoops...

but then on E3 just in terms of camera work and lighting and focus. . .she appears sharp and edgy. . .and hair messy?
    Still hopeless to see a GREAT romance!! <3

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

All part of the strategy to tone her down from shining spirit (which gave viewers hope of a love connection the first two episodes) to one who doesn't know why she is there and finally leaves.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

jojo-- I totally agree with you on this point. It is quite telling that Ali is comfortable and feels an "ownership" of Jake that necissitates that she tell him if he is doing something that she sees as a negative action. I could see her having a conversation with Jake prior to leaving that might go like: I see myself falling in love with you and I don't like the fact that the other girls are going on their dates and are talking about what your feelings toward them are. (which, of course, she "knows" are not geniune like the feelings they have) I can't stay and watch them lead you on and share you like this, it hurts too much..... And, off she goes to wait for him to come to his senses and see things clearly.

FORT Fogey

So here are some things that we actually know about Ali because we have either seen them or heard discussions around them on the show. TPTB have chosen to tell us this stuff about Ali. Maybe some of this comes into play as to why she leaves:

- She is afraid of flying. Missed family vacations for EIGHT years (significant length of time and significant events). Does she want to fly to St. Lucia - remember she has to get there and back!!

- She has voiced concerns over the process and Jake's interactions/kissing other women, as told to us by Michelle. Ali doesn't refute or deny what Michelle is saying. The process only gets more intense/intimate with each of the women remaining. Can she handle this?

- She does not like Vienna and we know this because she tells Jake that she does not like the idea that Vienna came back from her 1:1 date. This would lead you to believe that she cannot understand what Jake would see in someone "like Vienna".

Feel free to add to this list because I am sure I am missing items!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast