Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: The Edit - Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798493;
    No, it looks like maybe Corrie gets special time out of a small group date where she walks on the log and rides in a canoe.
    In heels?? These girls amaze me. Everyone is in a huff about Gia and we have people like Corrie and Ali !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798512;
    To me, that makes it even worse. She gets a date like Sean did, and then he cuts her at the RC. Also, if we are correct, she is the only one cut at that ceremony. That really is too bad because so far she appears to be well rounded.
    I know! It may not be a 1:1 though....it's hard to tell. She gets a walk in GGP...a picnic in a small canoe....and then they make their way to the AS place. IF it's SQT...it might as well be called a date. lol

Since we're in Ali's edit thread....i wanted to mention that i think her edit so far is a good one. Although she is confrontational...that just shows that she doesn't sit back and let things bother her....but that isn't always a bad thing. I guess she kind of reminds me of DeAnna in that aspect.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3798523;
    I know! It may not be a 1:1 though....it's hard to tell. She gets a walk in GGP...a picnic in a small canoe....and then they make their way to the AS place. IF it's SQT...it might as well be called a date. lol

Since we're in Ali's edit thread....i wanted to mention that i think her edit so far is a good one. Although she is confrontational...that just shows that she doesn't sit back and let things bother her....but that isn't always a bad thing. I guess she kind of reminds me of DeAnna in that aspect.
    However, that is by far the biggest reason for which DeAnna was criticized. People did not like that she was forward and frank like she was.

I remember thinking that what she said was spot on, but she could have been more diplomatic about the way that she said it. Many people simply do not appreciate the "in your face" honest, direct approach.

It appears that Ali is going to tell Vienna just what she thinks of her. Moreover, she is going to tell her what she thinks about Vienna even getting a date with Jake. It is going to be so frank that Vienna is left in tears.

This is very much the Deanna edit, and it was NOT good if we take into consideration the views of the majority of posters as well as what was said on the WTA when Chris Harrison AGAIN brought up the conflict (concerning the F1) in the house.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798534;
    However, that is by far the biggest reason for which DeAnna was criticized. People did not like that she was forward and frank like she was.

I remember thinking that what she said was spot on, but she could have been more diplomatic about the way that she said it. Many people simply do not appreciate the "in your face" honest, direct approach.

It appears that Ali is going to tell Vienna just what she thinks of her. Moreover, she is going to tell her what she thinks about Vienna even getting a date with Jake. It is going to be so frank that Vienna is left in tears.

This is very much the Deanna edit, and it was NOT good if we take into consideration the views of the majority of posters as well as what was said on the WTA when Chris Harrison AGAIN brought up the conflict (concerning the F1) in the house.
    ITA with everything you said Bloomers! It's all a matter of opinions. DeAnna's direct in your face approach didn't bother me, so Ali's probably won't either. I do hate how it makes Vienna cry though.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798534;

Maybe it's been too long, but I don't remember DeAnna's edit being confrontational with other women. I remember her being aggressive with Brad, aggressive on the 2 on 1 date; and being catty in her PI's.

But I don't remember her calling girls out to their face.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3798545;
    Maybe it's been too long, but I don't remember DeAnna's edit being confrontational with other women. I remember her being aggressive with Brad, aggressive on the 2 on 1 date; and being catty in her PI's.

But I don't remember her calling girls out to their face.
    The girls in the house called she and MeCarten McNasty because of the confrontational approach.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798555;
    The girls in the house called she and MeCarten McNasty because of the confrontational approach.
    They weren't happy with DeAnna but it was McCarten they nicknamed McNasty as she really had a wicked tongue.

Ali is not DeAnna regarding personality, background or outlook on life from what I've seen so far. As mentioned above, trust issues may rise to the surface and that is what will be exploited by TPTB for her edit. After all, she walks out during the F4 ceremony...can't have her too shiny and bright.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798268;
    You are building in the edit an excellent case for why Ali leaves. The excuse may or may not be work - but even that was just a supposition on RS's part; he wasn't in any way adamant about it - but it appears that the edit is going to give another reason: Ali cannot handle the process.

In addition, something else is happening here that did not happen so much with Graham or Ed. Ali - with whom the mass seems to have already fall in love - is going to receive a bit of negative editing in the next episode which may help us somewhat to let her go when it is time.

It appears that Ali is going to take on Michelle and make Vienna cry by her boldness, frankness, or forthrightness ( ala DeAnna in the house during Brad's season). She also alludes to telling Jake about what she thinks about Vienna ( a tattle-telling tact which almost always comes across poorly on this show).

Now, this is guaranteed to cause controversy just like it did with DeAnna. Those people who believe that people should speak their minds will believe that Ali is doing just what she should, and those who believe that she shouldn't will have plenty to say in that direction just like they did with DeAnna.

Bloomers~
    Thanks so much for your input. Gotta tell ya, I'm wayyyy excited about this Monday's episode just for the edit. I definitely think this season will teach us tons--esp. a newbie editor--about the story analysis.

Ali's sweetness might just turn bittersweet this Monday. I can't wait!

Re: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

Another little piece of editing that may relate to Ali:

In the long season preview following epi 1 we see Jake kissing Roz at the rooftop party and he comments on how he thought he had the perfect chance and can't believe it changed so quickly.

We then see the image of Gia and Jake in the fantasy suite as a VO says that this girl is a black widow.

Video pans to Jake talking to Ali. The VO continues saying 'She's sucking guys in and then hurting them in the end.' We then see Michelle looking down at where Jake and Ali are sitting and Michelle throws her head back in disapproval as the VO continues with 'she shouldn't be here, she should not be here'. Picture cuts to Vienna saying 'whatever she said to you or pretended to be to you may not have been her' and Ashley talks over Vienna suggesting that Jake has been lied to.

Appears to be an implication of trouble to come regarding Ali.

Re: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3798988;
    Another little piece of editing that may relate to Ali:

In the long season preview following epi 1 we see Jake kissing Roz at the rooftop party and he comments on how he thought he had the perfect chance and can't believe it changed so quickly.

We then see the image of Gia and Jake in the fantasy suite as a VO says that this girl is a black widow.

Video pans to Jake talking to Ali. The VO continues saying 'She's sucking guys in and then hurting them in the end.' We then see Michelle looking down at where Jake and Ali are sitting and Michelle throws her head back in disapproval as the VO continues with 'she shouldn't be here, she should not be here'. Picture cuts to Vienna saying 'whatever she said to you or pretended to be to you may not have been her' and Ashley talks over Vienna suggesting that Jake has been lied to.

Appears to be an implication of trouble to come regarding Ali.
    Excellent, C4Real, excellent A much darker image of Ali if any of those statements do apply to her.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast