Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: The Edit - Ali

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3798404;
    I would love it if TPTB were to show a storyline with a twist that would actually be well thought out and logical! Don't know if it will happen or not though....
    Careful now! You're getting close to completely scripted which means she was cast for that part. In order for that to happen, when she was interviewed, they had to tell her what part they had in mind for her, and she essentially acts it out regardless of any natural feelings. She is playing a part or a role.

Likewise, it is interesting to consider that poster who was here for just a little while who said after turning her down for a part on another show she was offered by Fleiss himself the role of "a blonde who had gone through a heartbreak". Does this mean then that the roles come accompanied with a script and storyline that plays out? In other words, does the person know when accepting the part how far he/she goes?

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;3798405;
    Or it could be just a sense of "ownership" since she got the first 1:1 and a special one at that, and therefore she is jealous of any girl she senses Jake likes. IMO her edit is leading to the point that will help explain why she leaves at F4.
    Ali is cute as a button, but she may have a tendency toward possessiveness for all that we know. If she does, you can bet that they found that trait out during their interview process with the kind of verbal questions they ask as well as the personality and psychological tests they give the applicants/contenders.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by missdrspark;3798377;
    I think it is very unlikely to be this reason
    Maybe she feels she can't handle him being with others
    Given that she had a cheating bf she may well feel have trust issues esp. when he is dating a dozen more girls and she doesn't know where their relationship stands. Interesting that her ex-bf cheated with her roommate, the FD coming up might have given her cold feet and she couldn't get past that. She would never know if or how intimate he would get with the other girls esp. Vienna whom she seemed to have issues with earlier in the season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798421;
    Careful now! You're getting close to completely scripted which means she was cast for that part. In order for that to happen, when she was interviewed, they had to tell her what part they had in mind for her, and she essentially acts it out regardless of any natural feelings. She is playing a part or a role.

Likewise, it is interesting to consider that poster who was here for just a little while who said after turning her down for a part on another show she was offered by Fleiss himself the role of "a blonde who had gone through a heartbreak". Does this mean then that the roles come accompanied with a script and storyline that plays out? In other words, does the person know when accepting the part how far he/she goes?

Ali is cute as a button, but she may have a tendency toward possessiveness for all that we know. If she does, you can bet that they found that trait out during their interview process with the kind of verbal questions they ask as well as the personality and psychological tests they give the applicants/contenders.
    Oh that wasn't what I meant at all! I think it would be fun for TPTB to see the situation that naturally arises and to focus on that. I think a very natural feeling for a girl on this show would be to not want to "share" TB after they are starting to have feelings. Perhaps her handler plays into her reaction of "I should just go- I can't stay and watch him do this..." by saying something like "you know, if he really does love you then maybe he would come after you" . All the while, Jake's handler may be feeding him similar types of conversation. Based on past seasons, I think this is fairly customary for their handlers to do, right? Of course TPTB can't be sure that either party will take the hook but if they do then they (TPTB) are able to help promote a twist. That, IMO, would be a way to influence the storyline without resorting to a script.

FORT Fogey

My feeling... those on the boards love Ali, but so far I have not seen her have a good edit.

1) Ali sounds like a liar when she says she spoke to Jake about Michelle. Either she lied or she was talking about the other girls on her 1 on 1 date which does not bode well for romance.
    2) She sounded petty and manipulative when she said Michelle was being mean to her.
    3) Ali has noticed that Jake likes Vienna, so she is jealous of Vienna. Talking to the man about the other girls never gives one any points. Rather the opposite.
    4) Ali cannot take the heat. She fancies Jake, and knows Jake preferrs other girls, maybe especially Vienna. She will rather walk than be rejected.

Okay, on the date with Jake I noticed the following.
    1) Jake and Ali had no chemistry or flow. In the helicopter, Jake spoke to Ali when she was looking elsewhere and whenever Ali turned to swoon toward Jake he turned away. It happened at least 3 times. From this, I noticed that Ali was more into Jake than vice versa.
    2) Jake said he was happy it was Ali he was going on this date with. Sounding like he did not choose the person, but he is happy it is Ali. Not I am happy I chose Ali. Remember before the women arrived, Chris was going on about someone who did not like flying being matched with Jake. My guess is Ali has a story line in relation to her not flying not because Jake is attracted to her.
    3) Ali's clothes were not really appropriate for her date with Jake and again her walking on the log, maybe htd she had on a pair of heels for a hike!! She seems to be trying too much and getting it wrong. This will lead to burn out and she will have to flee when she realizes it is not working and she has no more to offer. jmo

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3798438;
    My feeling... those on the boards love Ali, but so far I have not seen her have a good edit.

1) Ali sounds like a liar when she says she spoke to Jake about Michelle. Either she lied or she was talking about the other girls on her 1 on 1 date which does not bode well for romance.
    2) She sounded petty and manipulative when she said Michelle was being mean to her.
    3) Ali has noticed that Jake likes Vienna, so she is jealous of Vienna. Talking to the man about the other girls never gives one any points. Rather the opposite.
    4) Ali cannot take the heat. She fancies Jake, and knows Jake preferrs other girls, maybe especially Vienna. She will rather walk than be rejected.

Okay, on the date with Jake I noticed the following.
    1) Jake and Ali had no chemistry or flow. In the helicopter, Jake spoke to Ali when she was looking elsewhere and whenever Ali turned to swoon toward Jake he turned away. It happened at least 3 times. From this, I noticed that Ali was more into Jake than vice versa.
    2) Jake said he was happy it was Ali he was going on this date with. Sounding like he did not choose the person, but he is happy it is Ali. Not I am happy I chose Ali. Remember before the women arrived, Chris was going on about someone who did not like flying being matched with Jake. My guess is Ali has a story line in relation to her not flying not because Jake is attracted to her.
    3) Ali's clothes were not really appropriate for her date with Jake and again her walking on the log, maybe htd she had on a pair of heels for a hike!! She seems to be trying too much and getting it wrong. This will lead to burn out and she will have to flee when she realizes it is not working and she has no more to offer. jmo
    Corrie is who walks on the log.... not Ali

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3798448;
    Corrie is who walks on the log.... not Ali
    What date is that? I thought it was a htd. With horse etc. Did Corrie have a htd?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3798489;
    What date is that? I thought it was a htd. With horse etc. Did Corrie have a htd?
    No, it looks like maybe Corrie gets special time out of a small group date where she walks on the log and rides in a canoe.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798493;
    No, it looks like maybe Corrie gets special time out of a small group date where she walks on the log and rides in a canoe.
    Bloomers....Corrie's date may just be a 1:1 date since we also see a cap of her and Jake hugging at the Academy of Sciences place....
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Ali's edit has been good so far , but it looks like that changes next episode.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3798509;
    Bloomers....Corrie's date may just be a 1:1 date since we also see a cap of her and Jake hugging at the Academy of Sciences place....
    To me, that makes it even worse. She gets a date like Sean did, and then he cuts her at the RC. Also, if we are correct, she is the only one cut at that ceremony. That really is too bad because so far she appears to be well rounded.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast