Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Edit for the Rumored F4 *SPOILERS*

Re: The Edit - Ali

I think one thing to consider about her comment about telling Jake about not being happy that Vienna returned from her 1n1 - is that she just may have just dropped that comment in a more positive manner to him than she is putting across to Vienna - we don't know how she said it to him - could have been said pretty sweetly - or vindictively - we just don't know.............
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

The idea that she didn't want to fly to the fantasy date location is a very interesting possibility.
    She gave up family vacations because of her fear: would she give up a chance of love for the same reason?

Quote Originally Posted by dlmom53;3798375;
    The idea that she didn't want to fly to the fantasy date location is a very interesting possibility.
    She gave up family vacations because of her fear: would she give up a chance of love for the same reason?
    I think it is very unlikely to be this reason
    Maybe she feels she can't handle him being with others
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by LibbyBell;3798297;
    jojo-- I totally agree with you on this point. It is quite telling that Ali is comfortable and feels an "ownership" of Jake that necissitates that she tell him if he is doing something that she sees as a negative action. I could see her having a conversation with Jake prior to leaving that might go like: I see myself falling in love with you and I don't like the fact that the other girls are going on their dates and are talking about what your feelings toward them are. (which, of course, she "knows" are not geniune like the feelings they have) I can't stay and watch them lead you on and share you like this, it hurts too much..... And, off she goes to wait for him to come to his senses and see things clearly.
    I love your speculation here LibbyBell. It's a storyline we haven't seen yet and is very compelling. It seems that every season has a tattletale. I was fearing that Ali might be that woman but maybe not. Her storyline will continue to be interesting and there are pointers to drama coming.
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3798369;
    I think one thing to consider about her comment about telling Jake about not being happy that Vienna returned from her 1n1 - is that she just may have just dropped that comment in a more positive manner to him than she is putting across to Vienna - we don't know how she said it to him - could have been said pretty sweetly - or vindictively - we just don't know.............
    Do you think that this is something like the "If he likes her then he's not going to like me" we hear at least once every season?
    Expect change and you will never be disappointed!

Change can be good. I see the road ahead clearly now.

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3798382;
    Do you think that this is something like the "If he likes her then he's not going to like me" we hear at least once every season?
    Or it could be "if he likes her, I don't want him to like me".
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by eowenc;3798379;
    I love your speculation here LibbyBell. It's a storyline we haven't seen yet and is very compelling. It seems that every season has a tattletale. I was fearing that Ali might be that woman but maybe not. Her storyline will continue to be interesting and there are pointers to drama coming.
    I would love it if TPTB were to show a storyline with a twist that would actually be well thought out and logical! Don't know if it will happen or not though....

FORT Fan

Or it could be just a sense of "ownership" since she got the first 1:1 and a special one at that, and therefore she is jealous of any girl she senses Jake likes. IMO her edit is leading to the point that will help explain why she leaves at F4.

Quote Originally Posted by missdrspark;3798377;
    I think it is very unlikely to be this reason
    Maybe she feels she can't handle him being with others
    I agree. I don't think flying is the reason she leaves/gets sent home. I'm assuming she's flying from SF to Mass for her HTD. If she isn't, I don't want to take that bus/car/train that gets her to Mass & back in the period it takes Jake to do all HTDs.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3798268;
    You are building in the edit an excellent case for why Ali leaves. The excuse may or may not be work - but even that was just a supposition on RS's part; he wasn't in any way adamant about it - but it appears that the edit is going to give another reason: Ali cannot handle the process.

What is the precedence here? Graham left. Although DeAnna did not give him a rose, it was obvious by what she said to him ( "You were the one I could see myself with.") that it was Graham's choice to leave. Later we found out that Graham could not see himself committing to a proposal at the FRC which was something that DeAnna desperately wanted.
    Did the edit give us any kind of clue that Graham would have trouble committing? Yes! He had only had a very few relationships, and the longest of those was only a month. We also saw him in no uncertain terms tell her he had trouble with the process in that he simply did not want to kiss her after or before other guys. Thus, the stage was set for Graham's exit.

What about Ed's exit? (This is as far as the edit goes....) This one was carefully developed from their very first discussion concerning relationships taking a backseat to careers in their lives and was further developed by their conversation on the same theme on the rooftop on their 1-1; therefore, when we hear him tell her he is leaving for work reasons, though we may be shocked, we are not completely ambushed when this happens.

In addition, something else is happening here that did not happen so much with Graham or Ed. Ali - with whom the mass seems to have already fall in love - is going to receive a bit of negative editing in the next episode which may help us somewhat to let her go when it is time.

It appears that Ali is going to take on Michelle and make Vienna cry by her boldness, frankness, or forthrightness ( ala DeAnna in the house during Brad's season). She also alludes to telling Jake about what she thinks about Vienna ( a tattle-telling tact which almost always comes across poorly on this show).

Now, this is guaranteed to cause controversy just like it did with DeAnna. Those people who believe that people should speak their minds will believe that Ali is doing just what she should, and those who believe that she shouldn't will have plenty to say in that direction just like they did with DeAnna.
    Bloomers, I am wondering if after Ali says she's not happy that Vienna had a 1-1 with Jake, he may have seen it as Ali seeing something in Vienna that made her jealous was something he had to focus on about Vienna. He seemed the most natural with Ali. Also, Jake seems to like to be the knight to the rescue. He felt that way about helping Ali get over her fear of flying and maybe he feels he is the one to the rescue for Vienna (for whatever reason).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast