Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805769;
    For those of you who think that Vienna could not possibly make it to the F2 and even F1, think back on how they edited Ed with all of the accompanying controversy. Ed did not look Jillian in the eye when he talked with her ( for whatever reason - not to be brought up here again). This led to huge ongoing debates over whether his character was "shifty" and/or "seedy."

If we could have an F1 come out of that huge controversy, plus the leaving and coming back ( and we did), then it is possible that we could have an F1 come out of the controversy surrounding Vienna.

I don't know any more than the rest of you; I am just throwing that out as a reminder.
    While it used to be that if the F1 was going to get some bad or negative editing, it came close to the beginning of the show, and then they softened the edit up as we went through HTS and the rest of the season, but with what they did to Ed in the Fantasy Suite, it may be that they just intend to go full throttle ahead.
    IDK, I never fell for the ugly edit they gave Ed and thought the hubbub they made out of the FD was b/c they couldn't show him coming clean about his exes and his time away. [This is JMO, and not being voiced for new discussion!] I could see where they might bring Vienna into the drama (as they did with Deanna) but they're going to continue it this upcoming episode. I really think we're going to get an answer as to why the other girls dislike her.

Thinking about the upcoming 2:1 date with Gia & Vienna -- perhaps TPTB set this up to create more drama in the house?? Perhaps they paired them together, assuming that Jake would send Gia home and keep Vienna and that would help fuel the fire between Vienna & Ali, who were perhaps his F2 at that point?? This could be where TPTB told Jake he had to send 1 person home and he said no, thus going against their wishes??

Just thinking (writing) aloud again...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3805796;
    Ed may not have been a fan favorite, but there were indications all along that he was one of Jillian's favorites. Vienna and Ali are probably at the top of Jake's list right (in film life, not RL) now also.

Since I sporatically watched Jillian's season, was the garbage about Ed ever incorporated into the actual story? I don't remember that it was. I doubt any of the garbage about Vienna will be included either. The edit = the story, not the rumors floating in the background.

In an around about way ... there was a "girlfriend back home" theme going on, mostly centered around Wes, although there was some alluding to more than one guy having a girlfriend back home.

ETA ... from what I remember, Ed was a fan favorite before he left and came back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3805796;
    Ed may not have been a fan favorite, but there were indications all along that he was one of Jillian's favorites. Vienna and Ali are probably at the top of Jake's list right (in film life, not RL) now also.

Since I sporatically watched Jillian's season, was the garbage about Ed ever incorporated into the actual story? I don't remember that it was. I doubt any of the garbage about Vienna will be included either. The edit = the story, not the rumors floating in the background.
    The controversy over Ed -both on the board and his personal life - was so huge and was debated back and forth so much and all over every thread that it is hard for me to try and keep it all straightened out.
    However, toward the end there was one point where ostensibly Jillian and Ed were supposed to have discussed "the girlfriends". It isn't clear whether that lapped over in a small way onto the edit, or whether that came out in CH's blog, or what. I do believe it was reported as happening. The reporting of the event was very understated - just that it happened - end of discussion - as if the situation was handled period...continue on with the story.

When I think back on all of that, the whole Ed situation (eye contact, leaving, GFs) was much more involved and much more of a big issue than Vienna's failure to get along with the girls - especially since we aren't seeing a lot of Vienna's situation point blank ourselves but rather are hearing about it instead.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805806;
    IDK, I never fell for the ugly edit they gave Ed and thought the hubbub they made out of the FD was b/c they couldn't show him coming clean about his exes and his time away. [This is JMO, and not being voiced for new discussion!] I could see where they might bring Vienna into the drama (as they did with Deanna) but they're going to continue it this upcoming episode. I really think we're going to get an answer as to why the other girls dislike her.

Thinking about the upcoming 2:1 date with Gia & Vienna -- perhaps TPTB set this up to create more drama in the house?? Perhaps they paired them together, assuming that Jake would send Gia home and keep Vienna and that would help fuel the fire between Vienna & Ali, who were perhaps his F2 at that point?? This could be where TPTB told Jake he had to send 1 person home and he said no, thus going against their wishes??

Just thinking (writing) aloud again...
    Waaayyyy back when - when the ''2n1'' with Vienna and Gia was initially sleuthed - and I brought up the fact that it was NOT a 2n1 date (no roses given at that point) - AND - when I brought up the fact also that it would be an F5 instead of an F6 - it was still difficult to convince anyone that it was initially supposed to have been a small group date - like usual at that point - because the 2n1 never happens at that late of a time period - it always occurs prior to this point - it took a while for folks to grasp that idea - G&V 2n1 is NOT a regular 2n1 - it was supposed to have been 3n1 - but no F6 - so became 2n1 - with no rose
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Anyone speculate from the edit so far who was the last girl eliminated? Who did not get the rose? and it was not because Jake didn't like her ... so would that be Ella or Ashleigh? My guess is Ella.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3805826;
    Waaayyyy back when - when the ''2n1'' with Vienna and Gia was initially sleuthed - and I brought up the fact that it was NOT a 2n1 date (no roses given at that point) - AND - when I brought up the fact also that it would be an F5 instead of an F6 - it was still difficult to convince anyone that it was initially supposed to have been a small group date - like usual at that point - because the 2n1 never happens at that late of a time period - it always occurs prior to this point - it took a while for folks to grasp that idea - G&V 2n1 is NOT a regular 2n1 - it was supposed to have been 3n1 - but no F6 - so became 2n1 - with no rose
    I hear you! I kept saying as well that the 2-1 (where 1 is eliminated; both in DeAnna's season) had always happened in the 4th episode - not the 5th.

Something that is unclear, though, is whether Ali is getting the 2nd 1-1 date during the 5th episode. If not, why isn't she on that castle date with Gia and Vienna?

As far as 2 separate 1-1 dates go, I can think of two other incidences: Kirsten (Andrew's F2) and Melissa (Jason's F1).
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3805745;
    Lets just say that is what happens, my question is why Ali? why not Tenley or Gia or anyone else?
    Because Ali is giving them the material to use. And, lots of it

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3805830;
    Anyone speculate from the edit so far who was the last girl eliminated? Who did not get the rose? and it was not because Jake didn't like her ... so would that be Ella or Ashleigh? My guess is Ella.
    I think Ella leaves with Kathryn on the camping date. So I think its Ashleigh that is at the Rose Ceremony that doesn't get a rose.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3805826;
    Ahhhh...that makes a lot of sense. I didn't realize that as I wanted to remain unspoiled at the time of the first/second epi. Guess it pays to start sleuthing but I still like to not know anything in the beginning.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805831;
    I hear you! I kept saying as well that the 2-1 (where 1 is eliminated; both in DeAnna's season) had always happened in the 4th episode - not the 5th.

Something that is unclear, though, is whether Ali is getting the 2nd 1-1 date during the 5th episode. If not, why isn't she on that castle date with Gia and Vienna?

As far as 2 separate 1-1 dates go, I can think of two other incidences: Kirsten (Andrew's F2) and Melissa (Jason's F1).

Maybe because they aren't any other gals left? Or is it really a 1-1 date, or is it SQT?