Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3805745;
    Lets just say that is what happens, my question is why Ali? why not Tenley or Gia or anyone else?
    The only reason I'm saying Ali is because of the matchup between Vienna and her. I actually really like all 3 girls mentioned in your post but think if he was really thinking about Tenley, then why let her go on FRC day? He would've just made her F1. Perhaps it is Gia - would make sense that he thinks about her after letting her go at F3 - but then why have the Vienna/Ali showdown? Just trying to figure out the line that's been drawn in the sand between those girls.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;3805729;
    I think this is a very unreliable premise. We may think we know the order of elimination, but beyond that, it is very misleading to assume anything. This show no longer ends at the FRC. It continues on to the ATFR 1, 2, or 3.

I doubt that the edit path is being repeated as it was in the past. The franchise has gone in a direction that it hopes will attract viewers by using conflict and surprse dramatic events. Many of the things we relied upon pre- B11 no longer seem to apply. No wonder we are confused, Bloomers, they keep erasing the paths.

Brad's choosing neither of the ladies to continue seeing showed that the shock and the surprise garnered more interest than "happy ever after." The projected F1 was controversial. In Deanna's season, the exit of Graham threw production into a complete standstill - literally - and altered the results. It was the first time they "tried out" a character on one show to be used the next, and the F1 was literally camouflaged. Jason's connection with Melissa led to the switch of F2, and the AFTR became part of the story line. Jillian's hook was that leaving was not necessarily permanent. Jake's may possibly be the anytime elimination.

They have shown, they are ready and willing to do most anything for viewership and the consiquences to the participants is irrelevnt. The end point for the producers may not be the end point that we expect.

ETA: And if Jake were thinking about anyone, why not Gia or Corrie or Kathryn or Jessie? I don't think Ali has a monopoly on his feelings yet - only on a majority of the fans and media.

ITA ... Ali is not getting a good edit whatsoever ... and her "fans" have turned on her, in reading the comments sections on various sites.

Gia and the matter of time gals are getting the best edits so far ... and although they showed Gia debating with Vienna and the one PI where she says Vienna is dangerous, they also showed that she seems to be the only one there that has compassion for Vienna, and shows the hug between Gia and Vienna after Vienna apologizes.

Corrie hasn't been shown much yet ... but the footage we do have is her making fun of Vienna publicly, being toasted for doing that, and involved in making a "pact" against Vienna; and Jake being so emotionally drained from that evening that he chooses not to give a rose to anyone.

Gia appears to be getting the typical F3 edit ... everyone falls in love with F3.

It's the rest of them ... reminds me of DeAnna when she said in her PI "women are bitches". Perhaps Fleiss decided to show what it's really like with a bunch of women holed up together with nothing to do but focus on the same guy.

So Jake's edit is nothing like who he really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3805756;
    So Jake's edit is nothing like who he really is?
    I don't think so. My guess is Jake is very decisive and is trying to be as honest with the girls as he can regarding his feelings or lack thereof, and therefore he doesn't lead them on any longer.

However, saying that the only people that can answer that question are the people who are really close to Jake and have known him for years. They would know f the edit is Jake or made up by TPTB.

FORT Fogey

For those of you who think that Vienna could not possibly make it to the F2 and even F1, think back on how they edited Ed with all of the accompanying controversy. Ed did not look Jillian in the eye when he talked with her ( for whatever reason - not to be brought up here again). This led to huge ongoing debates over whether his character was "shifty" and/or "seedy."

If we could have an F1 come out of that huge controversy, plus the leaving and coming back ( and we did), then it is possible that we could have an F1 come out of the controversy surrounding Vienna.

I don't know any more than the rest of you; I am just throwing that out as a reminder.
    While it used to be that if the F1 was going to get some bad or negative editing, it came close to the beginning of the show, and then they softened the edit up as we went through HTS and the rest of the season, but with what they did to Ed in the Fantasy Suite, it may be that they just intend to go full throttle ahead.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805769;
    For those of you who think that Vienna could not possibly make it to the F2 and even F1, think back on how they edited Ed with all of the accompanying controversy. Ed did not look Jillian in the eye when he talked with her ( for whatever reason - not to be brought up here again). This led to huge ongoing debates over whether his character was "shifty" and/or "seedy."

If we could have an F1 come out of that huge controversy, plus the leaving and coming back ( and we did), then it is possible that we could have an F1 come out of the controversy surrounding Vienna.

I don't know any more than the rest of you; I am just throwing that out as a reminder.
    While it used to be that if the F1 was going to get some bad or negative editing, it came close to the beginning of the show, and then they softened the edit up as we went through HTS and the rest of the season, but with what they did to Ed in the Fantasy Suite, it may be that they just intend to go full throttle ahead.
    Thank you for the gentle reminder. TPTB have to work with what they have and with what they can create. They couldn't "make" Ed into a fan favorite with Kiptyn & Reid in the picture. The only choice was to make Ed appear as poor a choice as possible and shock us all at the end.

With so many beautiful, seemingly intelligent and charismatic ladies on this show, how on earth would brash Vienna be a fan favorite? TPTB are just working with what they have. They will play up the controversies, have a much more likable F2 and "shock" us at the end with Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3805780;
    Thank you for the gentle reminder. TPTB have to work with what they have and with what they can create. They couldn't "make" Ed into a fan favorite with Kiptyn & Reid in the picture. The only choice was to make Ed appear as poor a choice as possible and shock us all at the end.

With so many beautiful, seemingly intelligent and charismatic ladies on this show, how on earth would brash Vienna be a fan favorite? TPTB are just working with what they have. They will play up the controversies, have a much more likable F2 and "shock" us at the end with Vienna.
    It's funny because everyone I talk to that doesn't know the spoilers LOVE Vienna now and can't stand Ali or really any of the other girls since they were so mean to Vienna (I can see them likely Gia after next week). Now, I know since we study the edit that we can say Vienna isn't being painted in a good light; but most of my friends that watch the show that don't look at spoilers, love Vienna. She's their favorite.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3805791;
    It's funny because everyone I talk to that doesn't know the spoilers LOVE Vienna now and can't stand Ali or really any of the other girls since they were so mean to Vienna (I can see them likely Gia after next week). Now, I know since we study the edit that we can say Vienna isn't being painted in a good light; but most of my friends that watch the show that don't look at spoilers, love Vienna. She's their favorite.
    Most of my friends feel the same way although I said please join the board because I could not take thier Ali bashing and Vienna praise.

Ed may not have been a fan favorite, but there were indications all along that he was one of Jillian's favorites. Vienna and Ali are probably at the top of Jake's list right (in film life, not RL) now also.

Since I sporatically watched Jillian's season, was the garbage about Ed ever incorporated into the actual story? I don't remember that it was. I doubt any of the garbage about Vienna will be included either. The edit = the story, not the rumors floating in the background.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3805780;

You're right, of course, but I have to point out one other thing. It's not like they feel badly because they have to work with what they have. Oh no!! We have already heard too much to believe that! They are going for the shock value and using the trash element to do it. This is based on Fleiss's philosophy as stated in his interviews when he says that trash is necessary to successfully sell reality tv.
    I think they are happy to take the material they have and to exploit it as far as they can and still have a half way believable ending. That is my opinion, but I think that one is reasonably sound.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?