Page 97 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805592;

I did not see Bachelor 1 until the summer of 2008 when some of the seasons were run on cable; however, I was extremely surprised to see how Alex, Bach 1's, F1 Amanda was edited. To say the least, she was very earthy - sensual and blunt in her sexual views. We saw him pour chocolate on her in the Fantasy Suite with all that implies. Of course he picked the earthy Amanda over the edited more reserved lady-like F2 Trista.

I don't know if they were criticized for Amanda's edit or what happened, but we did not see an F1 edited in anywhere near that manner until now.
    My point is that the raw sexual edit is not w/o precedence.

BTW, other people were not as nice as I am being when they described Amanda.
    I think this is the Amanda referenced...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805692;
    That wasn't personal or in anyway intended to snipe at you; I am still trying to figure out exactly what part all this fighting between Ali and Vienna plays and the effect it is going to have on the end result. What is mucking this up is the fact that Ali leaves, so why is their so much emphasis on the fighting between her and Vienna? I used your exchange to move into the discussion, so I am sorry if it was offensive.
    F1 had obstacles and things were not that rosy, but they overcame the problem. In the preview we have Jake defending Vienna again. Sounds like the Ali, Vienna issue is not overr. My feeling is it will boil over and Ali will be forced to leave. So we will have the F1 outsting the trouble maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Living;3805697;
    F1 had obstacles and things were not that rosy, but they overcame the problem. In the preview we have Jake defending Vienna again. Sounds like the Ali, Vienna issue is not overr. My feeling is it will boil over and Ali will be forced to leave. So we will have the F1 outsting the trouble maker.
    In the previews I've seen for this week, it's going to be more of a Vienna/Tenley showdown. For some reason they want us to see how they all don't like the girl ... they have to be doing that for a reason.. whether it's to show why he turns all the other girls down or why it won't work with Vienna in the end, remains to be seen.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3805702;
    In the previews I've seen for this week, it's going to be more of a Vienna/Tenley showdown. For some reason they want us to see how they all don't like the girl ... they have to be doing that for a reason.. whether it's to show why he turns all the other girls down or why it won't work with Vienna in the end, remains to be seen.
    Or they don't want the viewer to like her so Jake won't take such a beating if he doesn't offer her the rose or make a switch-a-roo (I don't think so) like Jason. We all know what a beating Jason took cause everyone loved Melissa.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3805705;
    Or they don't want the viewer to like her so Jake won't take such a beating if he doesn't offer her the rose or make a switch-a-roo (I don't think so) like Jason. We all know what a beating Jason took cause everyone loved Melissa.
    You make a very good point valley54, but the opposite. Perhaps they don't really care what type of beating Jake takes if/when he chooses Vienna. When it comes down to the F2, suspense will be in the eyes of the normal viewer, he can't possibly choose the one that's not liked as opposed the other sweet gal.

It has never stopped them before. With Jason/Melissa, I believe he had to break it off on stage in order to get Molly, ratings and drama otherwise a love story would be too simple.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805692;
    That wasn't personal or in anyway intended to snipe at you; I am still trying to figure out exactly what part all this fighting between Ali and Vienna plays and the effect it is going to have on the end result. What is mucking this up is the fact that Ali leaves, so why is their so much emphasis on the fighting between her and Vienna? I used your exchange to move into the discussion, so I am sorry if it was offensive.
    No worries, I didn't take it that way at all.

Okay, I brought this up to a friend and wasn't going to post it but, why not, it'll give us something to talk about.

I'm sure a lot of people try to block out last season but if you remember, there was a scene with Jillian & Ed's mother where Jillian tells Judy, "You know, Judy, when he left it worried me. What if I go through this whole thing and there's that last guy standing and I'm still thinking about Ed? What would I do then? I just missed him a lot." When I heard that, I thought it was a pretty profound statement to make. [And I also thought what a wonderful storyline it might make in the future...LOL]

So what if...Jake has reservations about both Vienna & Tenley when he gets to the end and he finds himself still thinking Ali. What if he made the decision (unrelated to Ali) that he would choose neither at the end. And what if there was some romantic writer/producer who whispered in his ear, why don't you go find Ali?? And so he does...and that's where we get the line about going through hell and back (perhaps the hell was having to let both F2 girls down) and knowing who the girl is and hoping she'll say yes.

Obviously, it's pure speculation on my part and seems really far-fetched, even to me. BUT, it would explain the 'showdown' they've set up between Vienna and Ali when we know that Ali leaves at F4 and the 'showdown' seems pointless.

I've been thinking about all the previous F4's in seasons past and can't remember such a competitive pairing between the F4 and F1. It just doesn't make sense! Which is what leads me to believe that maybe something *did* happen after the FRC...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3805717;
    You make a very good point valley54, but the opposite. Perhaps they don't really care what type of beating Jake takes if/when he chooses Vienna. When it comes down to the F2, suspense will be in the eyes of the normal viewer, he can't possibly choose the one that's not liked as opposed the other sweet gal.

It has never stopped them before. With Jason/Melissa, I believe he had to break it off on stage in order to get Molly, ratings and drama otherwise a love story would be too simple.
    And the suspense is killing me to see which way it will go. I just hate having to watch such a train wreck before we get to the end.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

but since we know the outcome
    I think this is a very unreliable premise. We may think we know the order of elimination, but beyond that, it is very misleading to assume anything. This show no longer ends at the FRC. It continues on to the ATFR 1, 2, or 3.

I doubt that the edit path is being repeated as it was in the past. The franchise has gone in a direction that it hopes will attract viewers by using conflict and surprse dramatic events. Many of the things we relied upon pre- B11 no longer seem to apply. No wonder we are confused, Bloomers, they keep erasing the paths.

Brad's choosing neither of the ladies to continue seeing showed that the shock and the surprise garnered more interest than "happy ever after." The projected F1 was controversial. In Deanna's season, the exit of Graham threw production into a complete standstill - literally - and altered the results. It was the first time they "tried out" a character on one show to be used the next, and the F1 was literally camouflaged. Jason's connection with Melissa led to the switch of F2, and the AFTR became part of the story line. Jillian's hook was that leaving was not necessarily permanent. Jake's may possibly be the anytime elimination.

They have shown, they are ready and willing to do most anything for viewership and the consiquences to the participants is irrelevnt. The end point for the producers may not be the end point that we expect.

ETA: And if Jake were thinking about anyone, why not Gia or Corrie or Kathryn or Jessie? I don't think Ali has a monopoly on his feelings yet - only on a majority of the fans and media.
    Last edited by jelle; 01-23-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805723;
    No worries, I didn't take it that way at all.

Okay, I brought this up to a friend and wasn't going to post it but, why not, it'll give us something to talk about.

I'm sure a lot of people try to block out last season but if you remember, there was a scene with Jillian & Ed's mother where Jillian tells Judy, "You know, Judy, when he left it worried me. What if I go through this whole thing and there's that last guy standing and I'm still thinking about Ed? What would I do then? I just missed him a lot." When I heard that, I thought it was a pretty profound statement to make. [And I also thought what a wonderful storyline it might make in the future...LOL]

So what if...Jake has reservations about both Vienna & Tenley when he gets to the end and he finds himself still thinking Ali. What if he made the decision (unrelated to Ali) that he would choose neither at the end. And what if there was some romantic writer/producer who whispered in his ear, why don't you go find Ali?? And so he does...and that's where we get the line about going through hell and back (perhaps the hell was having to let both F2 girls down) and knowing who the girl is and hoping she'll say yes.

Obviously, it's pure speculation on my part and seems really far-fetched, even to me. BUT, it would explain the 'showdown' they've set up between Vienna and Ali when we know that Ali leaves at F4 and the 'showdown' seems pointless.

I've been thinking about all the previous F4's in seasons past and can't remember such a competitive pairing between the F4 and F1. It just doesn't make sense! Which is what leads me to believe that maybe something *did* happen after the FRC...
    Lets just say that is what happens, my question is why Ali? why not Tenley or Gia or anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by valley54;3805724;
    And the suspense is killing me to see which way it will go. I just hate having to watch such a train wreck before we get to the end.
    When all else fails, think Edit! Its easier to watch!