Page 96 of 297 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Bloomers..I do agree with the edit of Amanda..I have seen every season of the Bachelor/ette..
    With that said...Maybe you are dead on with that F1 edit vs Vienna..

I do think they have changed their edit because of what was found out about RS's leak..We shall see..I also have watch and re-watch many shows..And I think Fliess is making more skanky..

I guess out of the top 4..if its true the F4 and the F1 are at war..That is a new spin..To have it up front and center every show..I guess I just smile when he says a Heart of GOLD...
    I remember back on Byron's Mary did not like Jane one bit..So we did see Mary stand up to her for sneeking in Byron's place..

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3805584;
    I think Ali's edit is extremely important to the whole season, as I have a feeling that she's another "Graham" the one that got away and the reason Jake can't make it work with anybody, including Vienna. She may have gotten the final rose technically, but he'll never marry her or date her long... no way:nono
    I think we may be in the minority here northernviewer but I agree. Something is up with this ending, and think somehow Ali will end up being a part of it. JMO though.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805546;
    No, my husband didn't really watch Ali & Jake's date. He glanced up but he didn't watch it as closely as he did Vienna & Jake's so he was basing his opinion on both of them from this past episode.

This was part of the disagreement he and I were having when it came to both of the girls. He couldn't understand why none of the other girls liked Vienna and thought they were ganging up on her while I said there had to be a reason for every single one of them to dislike her. In a group that big, you'd think at least one would stand up for her, and that was not the case, which begged the question, why? My impression was that Ali was standing up to the Queen Cat and calling her out for the name-calling that happened while they were out on the comedy date. Ali never swore at her, she never name-called, yelled, or screamed; she just said what she thought and was blunt about it.

We disagreed for just about the entire episode when finally, during the rose ceremony, I ended the conversation with, "I don't understand why you can't see what Ali is doing as I would've done the exact same thing and you know I wouldn't have done it to be catty!" He muttered a bit but let it drop.

I'm looking forward to this next episode b/c, based on the episode description, "A rose is a stake and the competition heats up, but Vienna’s strategy to have the last memorable moment of the night with Jake doesn’t sit well with the other women."

And in true wife fashion, I plan on being able to turn around to him and say, "See, I told you so."
    You promise to strap him in and make him watch right?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK;3805597;
    Bloomers..I do agree with the edit of Amanda..I have seen every season of the Bachelor/ette..
    Is there yet another invisible girl? Who's amanda?

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805576;
    See, though, it is going to be short enough revenge because Ali is leaving anyway. If she were going to make it in the long haul and was was going to duke it out with Vienna for F1 with the chance to prove that she, Ali, and her position was right, all of this would truly be meaningful. As it is, the wife may get some satisfaction, but so what - to what end?
    I believe you're referencing the post I wrote about being able to tell my husband, "I told you so." And the answer "to what end" is purely the satisfaction of being 'right' and justified in siding with Ali in the house confrontations. That's it but that's enough for me as I certainly could care less who 'wins' this season because I think Jake is dull, his laugh grates on me, his laughing while kissing is awkward, and, oh yeah, he's short (yes, I just said short-LOL!) So anyone who doesn't get chosen in the end is a winner to me!

I was going to continue on and write that perhaps Vienna's edit WAS changed because of RS's disclosures when I remembered a post written by a poster who hasn't frequented the board since Brad's season Forestpal was (is) a witty writer with an inside view on what goes on behind the scenes. And I remembered (and found) a post she wrote on 5/1/07 during Andy's season, in response to the speculation that Bevin's edit was suddenly being changed b/c the videotape of her and Andy in the canoes had been released. Below is what she wrote...and I believe, going with what she says, that it was always intended to be shown as we're seeing it.

"The finished product has to be okayed with censors, ABC and a host of other execs. The footage is timed to allow commercials and promos. There is a huge job involved. Why change it. If the viewers dont like who he chose, so what? It will create buzz. " <--- posted by Dogbat

Thank you, Dogbat! I think you read minds.
    My husband produces a little show called 60 MINUTES, which runs Sunday evenings, and if he gets a call at, say, noon Saturday, that the show (not counting commercials) is running 23:12 seconds short, hubby scrambles to get that fixed. You cannot take time that is promised to sponsors and give them something other than they bought: they buy all of 60 MINUTES, not a show that goes to black whenever it feels like finishing. And you can't wave and say "Hi, Mom." The Bachelor editors are under similar obligations and time restraints -- PLUS, they are dealing with acres of footage.
    Editing in even one little snipe in haste is just not an option. So, the show is NOT edited week by week in response to viewers. It can't be. There's not enough time to chop the show apart. What Fleiss CAN do is to monkey with the previews and promos, which are produced on a weekly basis. That's where you'll find any shenanigans.

Whatever ABC is doing is not revenge. What they ARE doing is selling commercial time, and the bottom line is "produce the show." I don't know anything about the videotape that Bevin supposedly leaked, but I do know that Dogbat is correct that such a thing would go IMMEDIATELY to ABC's headquarters and a team of talented lawyers.
    If she broke the contract, we'll see that case in court. Not on TV. And it won't come out of crummy little editing bays.
    [And, Forestpal - if you're on the board and want this post removed, please let me know! ]
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805687;
    I believe you're referencing the post I wrote about being able to tell my husband, "I told you so." And the answer "to what end" is purely the satisfaction of being 'right' and justified in siding with Ali in the house confrontations. That's it but that's enough for me as I certainly could care less who 'wins' this season because I think Jake is dull, his laugh grates on me, his laughing while kissing is awkward, and, oh yeah, he's short (yes, I just said short-LOL!) So anyone who doesn't get chosen in the end is a winner to me!

I was going to continue on and write that perhaps Vienna's edit WAS changed because of RS's disclosures when I remembered a post written by a poster who hasn't frequented the board since Brad's season Forestpal was (is) a witty writer with an inside view on what goes on behind the scenes. And I remembered (and found) a post she wrote on 5/1/07 during Andy's season, in response to the speculation that Bevin's edit was suddenly being changed b/c the videotape of her and Andy in the canoes had been released. Below is what she wrote...and I believe, going with what she says, that it was always intended to be shown as we're seeing it.

[And, Forestpal - if you're on the board and want this post removed, please let me know! ]
    thanks for going to the trouble of finding that old but valuable post makes a whole lot of sense to me, to even think that the production crew is going to change their edit based on a bunch of us boardies, is really kinda egotistical on our part. The edit is what it is and has been decided long before it airs, if they screw up, then they'll probably take note and try not to repeat it the following season.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805687;

That wasn't personal or in anyway intended to snipe at you; I am still trying to figure out exactly what part all this fighting between Ali and Vienna plays and the effect it is going to have on the end result. What is mucking this up is the fact that Ali leaves, so why is their so much emphasis on the fighting between her and Vienna? I used your exchange to move into the discussion, so I am sorry if it was offensive.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by ramanusia;3805686;
    Is there yet another invisible girl? Who's amanda?
    Amanda is not on this season.She was in Matt Grant's season (12th?) and she was let go at final 3.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3805690;
    thanks for going to the trouble of finding that old but valuable post makes a whole lot of sense to me, to even think that the production crew is going to change their edit based on a bunch of us boardies, is really kinda egotistical on our part. The edit is what it is and has been decided long before it airs, if they screw up, then they'll probably take note and try not to repeat it the following season.
    Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin

cantstopwatchin , I am glad you found this post. It is also good to note that the production crew, that is the handlers during the shoot play no part in the editing and piecing together. It is the editor under the eye of the producer (executive producer, not titled handlers) who tend to do the editing. All is completed long before screening. Which makes me remember the last bachelor season. Jason and Melissa had broke up at least three weeks, maybe a month before filming started which gave the executive time to re-edit thus showing us the frecked arm with ring finger at the very begining to mislead us, because that was not the end.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805692;
    That wasn't personal or in anyway intended to snipe at you; I am still trying to figure out exactly what part all this fighting between Ali and Vienna plays and the effect it is going to have on the end result. What is mucking this up is the fact that Ali leaves, so why is their so much emphasis on the fighting between her and Vienna? I used your exchange to move into the discussion, so I am sorry if it was offensive.

Hey Bloomers,

Perhaps Ali is getting a snarky edit because that's who she is. I keep going back to the poster before the show started airing that saw the blonde petite girl with Jake on their date in San Francisco, and the poster did not have nice things to say about her based on what she saw.

I wish I could find the post.