Page 95 of 297 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;3805156;
    Actually, I'm impressed by Jake's decisions so far. Instead of being a puppet, he is showing that he is a man who makes decisions and sticks by them. This is more of the kind of behavior I would expect from a man in his profession. I like his edit so far.
    If it ends up that he doesn't pick anyone, or chooses someone and it doesn't work out, then I can respect that. At the very least he appears to be serious about finding someone. That's an improvement on some of the other bachelors on this show.
    Wouldn't it be interesting that for the first time we will like a Bach/Ette better in the end than we did in the beginning. Usually this show ruins these people for us.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I think this was the thread where some posters were giving thier husbands thoughts on the whole Vienna/Ali edit, I'd like to ask if they'd seen Jake and Ali's 1:1 date too, or did they get their impressions of mean girl Ali from that one episode.

I'm just rewatching that episode, now that I'm more familiar with them to see what my impression is of them now and to look at the edit and I found a sincerity with Ali that I don't see with Vienna or anybody else for that matter. I noticed that she also talked alot about Jake on her PI's, about him being in his element etc, she didn't talk about herself all the time, which is what the other girls usually do. I like her more now after watching it the second time, and am going to rewatch last weeks edit again, to see what I can pick up now.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

We maybe should include "burning" or the showing of all the burning in some context or other. If this has been brought up I appologize. In his interviews after the fact he mentions something about "going to "hades" and back. The roses in the fire. Is he burning his bridges so to speak and just choosing to be choosing? Is the burning to show that love is being put to the test of flames? Sometimes you burn something to purify it.
    It's got to be love.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3805534;
    I think this was the thread where some posters were giving thier husbands thoughts on the whole Vienna/Ali edit, I'd like to ask if they'd seen Jake and Ali's 1:1 date too, or did they get their impressions of mean girl Ali from that one episode.

I'm just rewatching that episode, now that I'm more familiar with them to see what my impression is of them now and to look at the edit and I found a sincerity with Ali that I don't see with Vienna or anybody else for that matter. I noticed that she also talked alot about Jake on her PI's, about him being in his element etc, she didn't talk about herself all the time, which is what the other girls usually do. I like her more now after watching it the second time, and am going to rewatch last weeks edit again, to see what I can pick up now.
    No, my husband didn't really watch Ali & Jake's date. He glanced up but he didn't watch it as closely as he did Vienna & Jake's so he was basing his opinion on both of them from this past episode.

This was part of the disagreement he and I were having when it came to both of the girls. He couldn't understand why none of the other girls liked Vienna and thought they were ganging up on her while I said there had to be a reason for every single one of them to dislike her. In a group that big, you'd think at least one would stand up for her, and that was not the case, which begged the question, why? My impression was that Ali was standing up to the Queen Cat and calling her out for the name-calling that happened while they were out on the comedy date. Ali never swore at her, she never name-called, yelled, or screamed; she just said what she thought and was blunt about it.

We disagreed for just about the entire episode when finally, during the rose ceremony, I ended the conversation with, "I don't understand why you can't see what Ali is doing as I would've done the exact same thing and you know I wouldn't have done it to be catty!" He muttered a bit but let it drop.

I'm looking forward to this next episode b/c, based on the episode description, "A rose is a stake and the competition heats up, but Vienna’s strategy to have the last memorable moment of the night with Jake doesn’t sit well with the other women."

And in true wife fashion, I plan on being able to turn around to him and say, "See, I told you so."
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Frizzy;3805541;
    We maybe should include "burning" or the showing of all the burning in some context or other. If this has been brought up I appologize. In his interviews after the fact he mentions something about "going to "hades" and back. The roses in the fire. Is he burning his bridges so to speak and just choosing to be choosing? Is the burning to show that love is being put to the test of flames? Sometimes you burn something to purify it.
    Or are the going to show a plane going down next in flames as a metaphor that Jakes heart was shot down ? I think of AC/DC's "Shot down in Flames" song ...

Yikes, maybe thats it !

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805546;
    No, my husband didn't really watch Ali & Jake's date. He glanced up but he didn't watch it as closely as he did Vienna & Jake's so he was basing his opinion on both of them from this past episode.

This was part of the disagreement he and I were having when it came to both of the girls. He couldn't understand why none of the other girls liked Vienna and thought they were ganging up on her while I said there had to be a reason for every single one of them to dislike her. In a group that big, you'd think at least one would stand up for her, and that was not the case, which begged the question, why? My impression was that Ali was standing up to the Queen Cat and calling her out for the name-calling that happened while they were out on the comedy date. Ali never swore at her, she never name-called, yelled, or screamed; she just said what she thought and was blunt about it.

We disagreed for just about the entire episode when finally, during the rose ceremony, I ended the conversation with, "I don't understand why you can't see what Ali is doing as I would've done the exact same thing and you know I wouldn't have done it to be catty!" He muttered a bit but let it drop.

I'm looking forward to this next episode b/c, based on the episode description, "A rose is a stake and the competition heats up, but Vienna’s strategy to have the last memorable moment of the night with Jake doesn’t sit well with the other women."

And in true wife fashion, I plan on being able to turn around to him and say, "See, I told you so."
    LOL - those are the most satisfying words that a woman can say to her man

see if you can get him to watch Jake and Ali's date, right from the start from when she reads the date card. That girl like's HIM, and who he is, it's not about "winning" to her, I was really impressed with that. Her Pi's were sincere and sweet. I'd really like to hear what your dh has to say about that edit. Heck, he probably won't even remember that's it's the same girl he called a meanie etc from last week if you tell him that you want an opinion on a previous date Jake went on
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3805566;
    LOL - those are the most satisfying words that a woman can say to her man

see if you can get him to watch Jake and Ali's date, right from the start from when she reads the date card. That girl like's HIM, and who he is, it's not about "winning" to her, I was really impressed with that. Her Pi's were sincere and sweet. I'd really like to hear what your dh has to say about that edit. Heck, he probably won't even remember that's it's the same girl he called a meanie etc from last week if you tell him that you want an opinion on a previous date Jake went on
    See, though, it is going to be short enough revenge because Ali is leaving anyway. If she were going to make it in the long haul and was was going to duke it out with Vienna for F1 with the chance to prove that she, Ali, and her position was right, all of this would truly be meaningful. As it is, the wife may get some satisfaction, but so what - to what end?
    The only thing I can think of is that all of this confrontation somehow plays in to Vienna's storyline as the F1. At best, all of this confrontation points to why Ali leaves - at worst, the confrontation is just a bunch of drama and fluff in Ali's storyline. At this point highlighting the huge confrontation between the F4 we think is leaving (on her own) and the F1 is very unclear.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805576;
    See, though, it is going to be short enough revenge because Ali is leaving anyway. If she were going to make it in the long haul and was was going to duke it out with Vienna for F1 with the chance to prove that she, Ali, and her position was right, all of this would truly be meaningful. As it is, the wife may get some satisfaction, but so what - to what end?
    The only thing I can think of is that all of this confrontation somehow plays in to Vienna's storyline as the F1. At best, all of this confrontation points to why Ali leaves - at worst, the confrontation is just a bunch of drama and fluff in Ali's storyline. At this point highlighting the huge confrontation between the F4 we think is leaving (on her own) and the F1 is very unclear.
    I must say I have never seen a F1 edited in this way..I know RS says she is F1 but we shall see..

Gia's edit so far has been very little..either a) Jake took to her and they had to cut out his time with her to hide her a bit..And now they will bring her front and center..Jake did say in interviews that there must be a spark..etc..

Vienna..From the beginning has been up front and center..Not positive at all..in fact I think they left in her 1:1 the first night telling Jake she is always happy..UMMM not so much

Ali..Her edit isn't much better than Vienna..Yes she had the first great date...But other than that we haven't seen her and Jake together..again she has been forward and crabby not so happy either..

Tenley..Her story line is build slowly but I just don't see that spark that Jake speaks of..we shall see how that goes...

Jake..Early on he said that he did fall in love with many girls but there was always one thing that wasn't right..But he followed his heart...We need to remember what he said was important ..God..Family..Friends..And someone with a heart of Gold..

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805576;
    I think Ali's edit is extremely important to the whole season, as I have a feeling that she's another "Graham" the one that got away and the reason Jake can't make it work with anybody, including Vienna. She may have gotten the final rose technically, but he'll never marry her or date her long... no way:nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialK;3805581;
    I must say I have never seen a F1 edited in this way..I know RS says she is F1 but we shall see..

Gia's edit so far has been very little..either a) Jake took to her and they had to cut out his time with her to hide her a bit..And now they will bring her front and center..Jake did say in interviews that there must be a spark..etc..

Vienna..From the beginning has been up front and center..Not positive at all..in fact I think they left in her 1:1 the first night telling Jake she is always happy..UMMM not so much

Ali..Her edit isn't much better than Vienna..Yes she had the first great date...But other than that we haven't seen her and Jake together..again she has been forward and crabby not so happy either..

Tenley..Her story line is build slowly but I just don't see that spark that Jake speaks of..we shall see how that goes...

Jake..Early on he said that he did fall in love with many girls but there was always one thing that wasn't right..But he followed his heart...We need to remember what he said was important ..God..Family..Friends..And someone with a heart of Gold..
    I haven't either, but there are two things that I am considering:

1. Every season is worse than the last; that is hard to refute in terms of shock and trashiness. Now, unfortunately, we have had Fleiss publicly say in an interview that he thinks trash is necessary to sell successful reality tv, so we have to look at what kind of trash he is going to go with in this season.

What is worse than last season with Ed and all of that hooplah? (We had all of the outside bad stuff on Ed, and we have all of it on Vienna) We had Ed leaving Jillian which caused a negative feeling even though many understood the basic idea of his job had to support him ( Still, he was on the show and he bailed out -edited). He came back and usurped those guys who had been faithfully hanging in there, and she broke poor Reid's heart when the producers sent him back on a fool's errand.

Regardless of where we stood on the controversy, basically the edit intended the whole thing to be BAD. People got hurt because of Ed's actions.

Something has to top that this season and be worse - much worse - so that we are even more shocked. It needs ( in Fleiss's philosophy) to be trashier. What is it?

I have NEVER seen the F1 be the cause OR cause the confrontation; therefore, just that alone shocks me as a student of the edit!!

It makes sense in the Fleissian scheme of things ( no matter how offensive it is to us) that he might make his F1 quite negative and even trash her up (in the edit) every chance he gets in order to make this season more shocking than last season.

Also, wouldn't it be shocking if we had an edited trashy F1 for our conservative, reserved nice guy Bachelor?

2. I did not see Bachelor 1 until the summer of 2008 when some of the seasons were run on cable; however, I was extremely surprised to see how Alex, Bach 1's, F1 Amanda was edited. To say the least, she was very earthy - sensual and blunt in her sexual views. We saw him pour chocolate on her in the Fantasy Suite with all that implies. Of course he picked the earthy Amanda over the edited more reserved lady-like F2 Trista.

I don't know if they were criticized for Amanda's edit or what happened, but we did not see an F1 edited in anywhere near that manner until now.
    My point is that the raw sexual edit is not w/o precedence.

BTW, other people were not as nice as I am being when they described Amanda.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan