Page 94 of 297 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;3805156;
    Actually, I'm impressed by Jake's decisions so far. Instead of being a puppet, he is showing that he is a man who makes decisions and sticks by them. This is more of the kind of behavior I would expect from a man in his profession. I like his edit so far.
    If it ends up that he doesn't pick anyone, or chooses someone and it doesn't work out, then I can respect that. At the very least he appears to be serious about finding someone. That's an improvement on some of the other bachelors on this show.

TA.

And though Brad W was hated in Bachelor land for long time - I admired him too.
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3805083;
    Oooh... tough question! He sure wears a lot of black in his interviews, making me feel a bit pessimistic. Is it me or is this season showing more "nighttime" scenes than usual? Like it is being shot at Hammer film studios.

(Yes, there's a storyboard somewhere... with little sketches of Jake and his bachelorettes pinned to a bulletin board. Also, a moveola with tons of footage ready for re-pasting. Sometimes I think they are purposely trying to make each season "different" from all others... but wind up with the usual bag of recycled gags, "stock shots" and cue cards.)

My big mistake is that I often focus too much on the competing bachelor(ettes) and not enough on the Star. Just because Eddie couldn't keep his eyes focused on Jillian, causing that popular body language expert in Vancouver to be scratching his purple hair a lot... and she, for her part, kept "scolding" him in her interviews and being angry... "Ed better not f*** disappoint me!" Well, you get the picture. Some of us needed the Volcano image in Hawaii to drill it home to us. (In this week's UGLY BETTY, Wilhelmina punched Daniel Meade in the elevator because he thought they had a "JED" connection.)

Jake kept insisting that he was bringing "dignity" to this show (which had some of us laughing and some very worried for him). Vienna is being presented as a bohemian in desperate need of saving like former "angel" Jillian. (Even if she's really a "sweet" girl in Florida.) This sounds like I'm mocking him... he did appear "cheezy" at the start. Now, I'm feeling kinda protective of him and I can't figure out why. Maybe, because he's trying not to cry? Both he and Jason will never be able to live that one down... His PR comments about Michelle being too "emotional" sounded like he was giving himself advice.

Sometimes the "little" things get me going... even if they send me chasing after stuff that doesn't exist. That Lindsay youtube interview from 10/16/09 features "before/eager" Jake instead of "after/jaded" Jake... his Dream Girl has blond hair, blue/green eyed, looks similar to him physically. If nothing else, this at least "explains" where his eye attention goes in the cocktail parties.
    There is definitely a sadness in Jakes demeanor which brings out a certian protectiveness in me too. Hopefully, this experience has taught him a lot even if he does not find what he hoped. He seems a smart guy.

The season Preview itself told of a lot of turmoil for him ...with more to be seen by us - will he in fact have a silver lining after all that ?

As to what he looks for physically, in some interview he mentioned being a huge fan of Carrie Underwood - again the same 'look' that he seems to favour. Theres no escpaping what is imprinted in our psyche is there ?
    "I Accept You" ~~~ Kiptyn to Tenley
    ---------Best Rose Acceptance line EVER on this series

FORT Fanatic

I guess my biggest "beef" with Jake is that he is too Serious for his own good at times. Maybe, those of us who were secretly hoping for a Reid or Kip as The Next Bachelor would have also been a tad disappointed when they wound up Serious as well. (Let's face it, it is good Mike Stagliano is "taken"... too much of him bouncing around would exhaust us all. He would love Ali's Tigger joke though.) Yet, with Jake... it sometimes feels like he is trying way too hard. I dunno... he's like the kid beating himself up because he didn't make Little League. It is Just A Silly Show.

On a positive note: regardless if she is the One or they have broken up already, if you type "Bachelor Vienna Girardi" on youtube and rewatch the little intro video... well, they say opposites attract! Then again, she loves herself too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3805220;
    I guess my biggest "beef" with Jake is that he is too Serious for his own good at times. Maybe, those of us who were secretly hoping for a Reid or Kip as The Next Bachelor would have also been a tad disappointed when they wound up Serious as well. (Let's face it, it is good Mike Stagliano is "taken"... too much of him bouncing around would exhaust us all. He would love Ali's Tigger joke though.) Yet, with Jake... it sometimes feels like he is trying way too hard. I dunno... he's like the kid beating himself up because he didn't make Little League. It is Just A Silly Show.

On a positive note: regardless if she is the One or they have broken up already, if you type "Bachelor Vienna Girardi" on youtube and rewatch the little intro video... well, they say opposites attract! Then again, she loves herself too .
    I have to laugh a little here. I keep seeing this one brought up too, and although it is jarring to hear someone voice the sentiment that he/she loves him/herself, how many times have we heard that you can't love someone else if you don't love yourself first? At least that is what the psychologists say in discussion on self esteem in the question and answer columns.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805121;
    This is purely based on what he saw Monday night --

He thought Vienna's date went smashingly, though he thinks Jake was a real wuss--"what kind of pilot is scared of heights" I believe he said. But even DH caught the key phrases and saw how Vienna 'comforted' Jake and thinks Vienna will be a contender in the end.

He thought the girl drama was too much. He fell for Vienna's tears and woah-is-me spiel hook, line, and sinker and he thought the rest of the girls were ganging up on her. [Our opinions severely diverged here so we spent almost the entire 2 hours squabbling over whether Vienna was the instigator or the 'victim'.]

He likes Tenley but doesn't think she's ready for a relationship. We had a good laugh at Michelle's expense and he thought Elizabeth is the ultimate mistress of mindgames. And he thought the comedy club went from funny (he thought Corrie was funny) to painful (Michelle and Elizabeth).
    Here is another (my) husband's point of view!
    He thinks that Tenley is perky and bubbly, but a little sensitive and she may not be over her ex-husband yet. And re: Michelle, he pretty much was directly on par with Elizabeth, he said "Forget husband, get her a psychiatrist!" He thought pretty much all the girls at the comedy club were awkward except Kathryn who looked the most natural. He says that he does not like Vienna OR Ali because both of them are emotional-drama high-maintenance, and even though they don't show them very much, he'd rather have Jessie or Kathryn. Kathryn was by far his favorite. He also liked Ella's one on one but said that Jake wasn't attracted to her and was awkward with Ethan. And then he went on to make some comments of the contents of Vienna's skull damaged via bleaching and/or threading of her hair that I will not repeat, particularly during the Vienna-Ali-Elizabeth encounter.
    But, he thinks that Jake is most attracted to Vienna and Ali, and to Tenley's innocence and sweetness, and Gia's vixen-ish appeal.
    Last edited by sallys; 01-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    REIDiculous - SALLY

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805227;
    I have to laugh a little here. I keep seeing this one brought up too, and although it is jarring to hear someone voice the sentiment that he/she loves him/herself, how many times have we heard that you can't love someone else if you don't love yourself first? At least that is what the psychologists say in discussion on self esteem in the question and answer columns.
    I agree and was only responding humorously to some of our pre-show perceptions of former actor "gotta love me" Jake. Of course, we never really know the star until we see more of him on screen or... "walk in his shoes".

Watching the video with Vienna does bring up the concept of different personality types: If you were planning a big party and you wanted (of all people!) Jake to liven it up... which of the final four would you select as his "blind date" to "offset" the personality traits he already displays? It isn't the case with everyone, but many claim to seek the traits they feel they lack. Also, if Vienna is the driver she claims to be, she may need a pilot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3805251;
    I agree and was only responding humorously to some of our pre-show perceptions of former actor "gotta love me" Jake. Of course, we never really know the star until we see more of him on screen or... "walk in his shoes".

Watching the video with Vienna does bring up the concept of different personality types: If you were planning a big party and you wanted (of all people!) Jake to liven it up... which of the final four would you select as his "blind date" to "offset" the personality traits he already displays? It isn't the case with everyone, but many claim to seek the traits they feel they lack. Also, if Vienna is the driver she claims to be, she may need a pilot.
    Even before sdl said it, I figured that Vienna might have that invisible "pull" that some women just naturally have on men ( and it is nothing vulgarly overt).
    We haven't seen much of Gia ( and I would have to ignore what I know about her real life career which I think would be too liberal for Jake), but I think I would like at this point to see Gia with Jake ( the Gia we have seen so far).
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3805262;
    Even before sdl said it, I figured that Vienna might have that invisible "pull" that some women just naturally have on men ( and it is nothing vulgarly overt).
    We haven't seen much of Gia ( and I would have to ignore what I know about her real life career which I think would be too liberal for Jake), but I think I would like at this point to see Gia with Jake ( the Gia we have seen so far).
    We all definitely need to see more of Gia's personality; she also has a certain "pull" just with her looks. As for the Maxim spreads (in addition to other career choices): Trista did the same thing... then again, Ryan may be a bit more "liberal" than Jake. (As if "liberal" vs. "conservative" means anything: Republican Scott Brown "wore" a lot less for Cosmo back in the eighties... and we've seen almost as much of Jake "exposed" for one who is quick to say that Fantasy Suites are not about "making babies".)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3805286;
    We all definitely need to see more of Gia's personality; she also has a certain "pull" just with her looks. As for the Maxim spreads (in addition to other career choices): Trista did the same thing... then again, Ryan may be a bit more "liberal" than Jake. (As if "liberal" vs. "conservative" means anything: Republican Scott Brown "wore" a lot less for Cosmo back in the eighties... and we've seen almost as much of Jake "exposed" for one who is quick to say that Fantasy Suites are not about "making babies".)
    In addition to the clothes, it is the type of poses in which Gia has been photographed. Jake is reserved, and I can't count out that maybe he is actively involved in the Church in which some of the members reportedly nominated him for the Bachelor (or the Bachelorette?). If he is, I think it would be awkward for him to take Gia around the Ladies Sewing Circle in the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3805220;

On a positive note: regardless if she is the One or they have broken up already, if you type "Bachelor Vienna Girardi" on youtube and rewatch the little intro video... well, they say opposites attract! Then again, she loves herself too.
    I agree, he is so serious that he comes across stiff and insincere.. it could just be nerves. I can tell very easily when he isn't feeling it with a girl he definitely can't hide it. Sometimes I get the feeling that even though he is has an established career and a home, that he is a bit immature or niave for his age, that he has this pipe dream of what his life and wife should be like and he can't/won't deviate from it.

I can't remember who posted it...but since we know the outcome I too have been focusing more on Jake and his edit and his actions, than the individual girls, I thought watching this season would be like watching a dead body in a morgue but he has surprised me with his stiff decisiveness..
    Last edited by one71721; 01-22-2010 at 11:15 PM. Reason: misspelled word