Page 93 of 297 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103143193 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

  1. #921
    FORT Fogey pminn1608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Maggie and Pearl's house
    Posts
    1,113

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3804759;
    He'd better give us a love story soon, it's becoming too Jerry Springer-like and it won't be long before they won't get any guys or girls of quality (they're getting scarcer with every season) to even appear on the show. Fleiss has no clue that we actually want another Ryan and Trista ( I won't complain if they throw in the odd "Trish" though lol) and giving us too much drama will turn the show into trash... I think the Bach needs new blood in the production staff
    Trista and Ryan
    Charlie and Bee
    Jillian and Ed
    Byron and Mary (although now seperated)
    Jason and Molly

    Love stories shown on the show.

    Sometimes love stories are in the eye of the beholder. All of the shows had some twists and turns but that is part of what makes the story.

    Will be interesting to see the results of this season.

  2. #922
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    I think northern is referring more to the show when it was Trista and Ryan, Charlie and Bee and Mary and Byonr. The fact that love came out of the other two you listed was merely a bi-product of something that was never supposed to be more than the money ratings grabber that folks seem to be tuning into lately. And we can't ignore that Jason being with Molly was not the ending the viewer ever expected to see.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #923
    Fort Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    8,525

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3805064;
    I think northern is referring more to the show when it was Trista and Ryan, Charlie and Bee and Mary and Byonr. The fact that love came out of the other two you listed was merely a bi-product of something that was never supposed to be more than the money ratings grabber that folks seem to be tuning into lately. And we can't ignore that Jason being with Molly was not the ending the viewer ever expected to see.
    Not to some viewers, but to a few of us, it was. I knew he wanted Molly from the word go.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

  4. #924
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,404

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    I had posted a lot of times that season that if we didn't have the proposal SC/preview clearly showing melissa, I never could've imagined him picking her over Molly - especially after he handpicked her for the tent date. Interesting that they didn't do that with jill or jake - I guess Dee picking jesse and Jason picking Molly was a dead giveaway, eh?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  5. #925
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    665

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3805033;
    So how would you focus on the "Jake story" then ?
    Oooh... tough question! He sure wears a lot of black in his interviews, making me feel a bit pessimistic. Is it me or is this season showing more "nighttime" scenes than usual? Like it is being shot at Hammer film studios.

    (Yes, there's a storyboard somewhere... with little sketches of Jake and his bachelorettes pinned to a bulletin board. Also, a moveola with tons of footage ready for re-pasting. Sometimes I think they are purposely trying to make each season "different" from all others... but wind up with the usual bag of recycled gags, "stock shots" and cue cards.)

    My big mistake is that I often focus too much on the competing bachelor(ettes) and not enough on the Star. Just because Eddie couldn't keep his eyes focused on Jillian, causing that popular body language expert in Vancouver to be scratching his purple hair a lot... and she, for her part, kept "scolding" him in her interviews and being angry... "Ed better not f*** disappoint me!" Well, you get the picture. Some of us needed the Volcano image in Hawaii to drill it home to us. (In this week's UGLY BETTY, Wilhelmina punched Daniel Meade in the elevator because he thought they had a "JED" connection.)

    Jake kept insisting that he was bringing "dignity" to this show (which had some of us laughing and some very worried for him). Vienna is being presented as a bohemian in desperate need of saving like former "angel" Jillian. (Even if she's really a "sweet" girl in Florida.) This sounds like I'm mocking him... he did appear "cheezy" at the start. Now, I'm feeling kinda protective of him and I can't figure out why. Maybe, because he's trying not to cry? Both he and Jason will never be able to live that one down... His PR comments about Michelle being too "emotional" sounded like he was giving himself advice.

    Sometimes the "little" things get me going... even if they send me chasing after stuff that doesn't exist. That Lindsay youtube interview from 10/16/09 features "before/eager" Jake instead of "after/jaded" Jake... his Dream Girl has blond hair, blue/green eyed, looks similar to him physically. If nothing else, this at least "explains" where his eye attention goes in the cocktail parties.

  6. #926
    FORT Fogey Starshine_16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3805066;
    Not to some viewers, but to a few of us, it was. I knew he wanted Molly from the word go.
    I knew he wanted Molly too.I never believed that he actually wanted Melissa.Not that there is anything wrong wirth her,I just saw "it" between Jason and Molly.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

  7. #927
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by JordieGirl;3804807;
    Will you share some of your husband's thoughts about the girls with us? It's good to hear a man's point of view, too.
    This is purely based on what he saw Monday night --

    He thought Vienna's date went smashingly, though he thinks Jake was a real wuss--"what kind of pilot is scared of heights" I believe he said. But even DH caught the key phrases and saw how Vienna 'comforted' Jake and thinks Vienna will be a contender in the end.

    He thought the girl drama was too much. He fell for Vienna's tears and woah-is-me spiel hook, line, and sinker and he thought the rest of the girls were ganging up on her. [Our opinions severely diverged here so we spent almost the entire 2 hours squabbling over whether Vienna was the instigator or the 'victim'.]

    He likes Tenley but doesn't think she's ready for a relationship. We had a good laugh at Michelle's expense and he thought Elizabeth is the ultimate mistress of mindgames. And he thought the comedy club went from funny (he thought Corrie was funny) to painful (Michelle and Elizabeth).
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  8. #928
    FORT Fogey one71721's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,570

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3805121;
    This is purely based on what he saw Monday night --

    He thought Vienna's date went smashingly, though he thinks Jake was a real wuss--"what kind of pilot is scared of heights" I believe he said. But even DH caught the key phrases and saw how Vienna 'comforted' Jake and thinks Vienna will be a contender in the end.

    He thought the girl drama was too much. He fell for Vienna's tears and woah-is-me spiel hook, line, and sinker and he thought the rest of the girls were ganging up on her. [Our opinions severely diverged here so we spent almost the entire 2 hours squabbling over whether Vienna was the instigator or the 'victim'.]

    He likes Tenley but doesn't think she's ready for a relationship. We had a good laugh at Michelle's expense and he thought Elizabeth is the ultimate mistress of mindgames. And he thought the comedy club went from funny (he thought Corrie was funny) to painful (Michelle and Elizabeth).
    I'm going to have to remember this one: Mistress of Mindgames

  9. #929
    FORT Fogey noche1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,344

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Jack benny fan- I can not get to the bottom of your great post. I just wanted to say about what Jake wants in a girl. It was all about looks with a reflection of him!

  10. #930
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    East Coast Seabreeze
    Posts
    398

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Actually, I'm impressed by Jake's decisions so far. Instead of being a puppet, he is showing that he is a man who makes decisions and sticks by them. This is more of the kind of behavior I would expect from a man in his profession. I like his edit so far.
    If it ends up that he doesn't pick anyone, or chooses someone and it doesn't work out, then I can respect that. At the very least he appears to be serious about finding someone. That's an improvement on some of the other bachelors on this show.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.