Page 8 of 297 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3789592;
    I think the biggest editing clue to Vienna being F1 in the season premiere clips was her comment about every girl in this house being so fake. Translation: Vienna is genuine. It completely answers Jake's comments about being true to himself, not doing what others wanted him to do, choosing the one with the heart of gold, yada yada. We all laughed it off as just so much fluff, but in light of the spoilers, it's rather telling.

Man, Fleiss really knows his audience, and how to play them (us).
    I love how people define fake. I think some have fake ta tas and some dark haired ladies have bleached out to straw fake colored hair. I often see outside augmentations ( i know all of us have to a degree) as a manifestation of something missing on the inside. then again i am often wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3789829;
    There are two things that I'm keeping my eye on. One is the way they edited Michelle after Ed gave Jake his opinion as not being his type, but he kept her. Also, at the very end of the Ed/Jillian interview, Jillian asked him about Kathryn, she sort of stumbled for words, and his response appeared spliced. I wish I could watch it again, if anyone does, and they come across that, I'd appreciate knowing what the thoughts are.
    I just watched that part again. They did appear to cut out Jake's response about Kathryn because right after Jillian explained that she was the one the the engagement ring, they showed him asking who he should send home.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3789866;
    I just watched that part again. They did appear to cut out Jake's response about Kathryn because right after Jillian explained that she was the one the the engagement ring, they showed him asking who he should send home.
    Thank you for checking that out, I knew it didn't sound right to me when I was watching it.

FORT Fogey

I love how people define fake. I think some have fake ta tas and some dark haired ladies have bleached out to straw fake colored hair. I often see outside augmentations ( i know all of us have to a degree) as a manifestation of something missing on the inside. then again i am often wrong
    I do too, but realistically I have to add that every last one of us females who uses cosmetics, any hair product besides a brush or comb, shaves her legs or wears hose so that the legs look better, or any number or other things we do in the name of fashion or culture is fake as well. However, since I keep Clinique in business, and I most certainly shave my legs, I am at the head of the line - and I ain't apologizing either!!.
    While I don't advocate going overboard, I think if it makes a woman feel better about herself to try and fix something, then she should do it. Perhaps, though, those super bazooms are a bit much....

Now, fake in your actions is another ballgame altogether...

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3789866;
    Do you remember that we kept waiting and waiting for all of those screencaps and moments with (fan favorite) Amanda and Matt to happen in the show? At that point, I realized for dead sure that if it doesn't fit in with the story they want to tell, then they will be apt to leave it out in the edit.
    We didn't hear that about Kathryn because after her part in the M&G, she and the ring probably aren't important to Jake's story. That is unfortunate because we the viewers like those little tidbits about other contestants, but the editors are basically focused on certain people. It doesn't appear that the elusive Kathryn is one of them.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

The long preview after epi 1 for the remainder of the season clearly put the focus on Ali and Gia. TPTB want the audience to fixate on these two girls. We at FORT were even falling for the idea that Gia was F1 even as we were saying to ourselves that it couldn't be that easy.

The only reason we weren't really speculating on Ali as F1 was because of sleuthing that uncovered her Facebook activity.

Since the edit is trying to lead us by our noses to these two girls isn't it unlikely that either of them would have been F1?

The preview that shows a blonde in a white nightgown in the fantasy suite (we now know is Vienna) was immediately followed by an image of Jake kissing Ali. They are trying to feed us Ali in the fantasy suite.

I think the edit so far says more about who isn't F1 than who is.

On another note, with the RS spoiler out there, if they are still able to alter the edit I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go harder on Vienna rather than easier so that the regular viewing public won't buy the rumor and will stay tuned in because the rumor seems like an impossible ending.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by noche1;3789857;
    I love how people define fake. I think some have fake ta tas and some dark haired ladies have bleached out to straw fake colored hair. I often see outside augmentations ( i know all of us have to a degree) as a manifestation of something missing on the inside. then again i am often wrong.
    It will be interesting to see in what context Vienna's fake comment was made. Maybe about outward physical things (although I don't know if Vienna's girls are natural, and her hair certainly isn't its natural color), or more about personality fakeness. Like being two-faced, presenting one way when Jake is around and another when it's just the women in the house. Either way, that comment was left in the edit to point out that Vienna is (at least in her mind) the opposite of whatever she's upset about, and possibly the more genuine/heart of gold girl in the house, and more what Jake is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3790664;
    It will be interesting to see in what context Vienna's fake comment was made. Maybe about outward physical things (although I don't know if Vienna's girls are natural, and her hair certainly isn't its natural color), or more about personality fakeness. Like being two-faced, presenting one way when Jake is around and another when it's just the women in the house. Either way, that comment was left in the edit to point out that Vienna is (at least in her mind) the opposite of whatever she's upset about, and possibly the more genuine/heart of gold girl in the house, and more what Jake is looking for.
    I understand what you're saying. At least for me, "fake" means presenting yourself to be something or someone you're not...it has nothing to do with the hair, makeup, surgery, etc. I know people who have tattoes & piercings all over, but they are some of the kindest, nicest people I've ever met....I guess some would say they're being fake. I always took Vienna's comment to mean that there were girls in the house that acted one way when Jake or the camera's were around, then totallly different when they weren't.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

FORT Fogey

It is time for them to begin establishing storylines for our F4, so we need to pay attention to the next episode ( especially since we know finishing placement), and we need to see how the edit is going to tell the stories. Remember in storytelling there should be a conflict ( problem) and a resolution.

We've been told that Ali is going to leave (RS thinks work related). I believe it was the press release that said she was "risking her future." Now, somewhere soon something along this line should begin to crop up in the conversation between the two.
    Remember that Ed's storyline about his job started at the very beginning M&G conversation when he and Jillian discussed how their careers had taken precedence over relationships.

My feeling is that unless they make a really big deal out of it with Ali, building it up as a rising conflict, ( like they did with Graham and Ed), then the actual emotional connection between her and Jake is not as big as people are suspecting.

Watch for the "conflict" especially between Vienna and Jake. We saw the physical connection established during the first episode, but we really didn't see anything that looked like a storyline with a problem begin between them ( which is one reason people are so thrown off).

We never even saw Gia with Jake except at the limo exit. That storyline is blank.

Actually, the storyline with Tenley got a very good start the first episode ( which is another reason why people connected with her and think she will be the F1).
    We know she was hurt badly; she is ready to try again; and she asked for a sweet kiss to which she responded quite emotionally.
    Will they add to it this eppy, or let it sit for a while?

** Generally speaking (or at least in the past on this show ), even if the main focus is on someone else, we will see at least a little snippet of an interaction between the F1 and the lead in each episode which contributes to the rising action in the storyline.
    Since we have great reason to believe F1 is Vienna ( responsible inside info with confirming screencaps), we need to watch for those small interactions which will contribute to the storyline.
    Many of you have already jumped on this, and in retrospect have pointed out things that happened in the first episode.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3790641;
    On another note, with the RS spoiler out there, if they are still able to alter the edit I wouldn't be surprised if they don't go harder on Vienna rather than easier so that the regular viewing public won't buy the rumor and will stay tuned in because the rumor seems like an impossible ending.
    This is an interesting idea. I wonder if they will do a bit of re-edit because of the spoiler. Had they planned to continue to hide Vienna, even with the upcoming 1:1, behind the Ditz screen? Will they now need to find footage where the ditz is mitigated and a fun lovable image can be made?

Okay, Bloomers...I cave - while the photo sleuthing is almost moot, the edit scramble awaits. This could be fun.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3789592;
    I think the biggest editing clue to Vienna being F1 in the season premiere clips was her comment about every girl in this house being so fake. Translation: Vienna is genuine. It completely answers Jake's comments about being true to himself, not doing what others wanted him to do, choosing the one with the heart of gold, yada yada. We all laughed it off as just so much fluff, but in light of the spoilers, it's rather telling.

Man, Fleiss really knows his audience, and how to play them (us).
    I have been thinking a lot about this too, because it reminds me of the premier clips showing Ed saying something like "these guys are driving me crazy". However, I think that clip was shown before Ed had actually been chosen as F1. The message is similar, but, as we know, in Ed's case also foreshadowed him leaving.