Page 6 of 297 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis

I'm not really sure if this has been discussed, but I think Vienna is going to eventually have a good edit if she is the F1. Remember at the beginning of Jason's season when everyone thought Melissa was too young to be a step-mom and want to settle down. And that she must be immature if she was a cheerleader. But then she and Jason went on that 1on1 with the blimp and she told Jason about wanting to start a family. (He had initially expressed concern about how serious she was.) After that she was a fan favorite and had convinced Jason she was ready. I see Jake at first being concerned about how serious she is, and then they go on a 1on1 and she talks in depth about her marriage and then the viewers (and I guess Jake) will see her in another light. I think being married, no matter how young you are or how long it lasts, makes you grow up and most of the time mature.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3788941;
    The music that really caught my ear was the subtle "On the Wings of Love"!!!!!
    When did they play that music? lol
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3788964;
    at the tail end of his intro, it is really, really soft and instrumental. I recognized it and its dramatic (not) intent.

Quote Originally Posted by twochicklets;3788967;
    at the tail end of his intro, it is really, really soft and instrumental. I recognized it and its dramatic (not) intent.
    Oh okay. I love the music they played during Jake's whole intro at the very beginning. It's beautiful.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Happygirl77us;3788842;
    Can someone remind me did Ed or Jillian say anything about Vienna when they were talking to Jake about the girls?
    I didn't watch it, but I don't recall reading anything about Jillian and Ed talking about Vienna.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win;3788369;
    The edit of the first episode usually focuses on gals that either provide drama for the season, the F3/F2. F1 is normally hidden in the first episode:

1. Jenni during Brad's season ... major focus 1 and 2nd episodes.

2. Amanda during Matt's season ... FIR (IIRC).

3. Jillian during Jason's season.

... etc.

F1 doesn't usually start to come forward until the 1/1 date, and sometimes even the HTD (Jesse). Shayne was portrayed badly until the 1/1 date. Jesse was portrayed badly until the HTD. Deanna was portrayed as very aggressive until the HTD.

Seems to me that the edit so far is pretty much falling in line with the rest of the edits since Brad's season. I originally queried why would they throw Vienna under the bus so early on ... but, in going back through past seasons, Deanna, Shayne and Jesse started off with negative edits and previews. Molly also had a negative edit ... spending the night in the tent coming home in different clothes.

Since Brad's season, Fleiss realized that shock brought ratings back up ... romance no longer brought the viewers in.
    I agree with your thoughts here...
    As for bringing in viewers via "shock" Fleiss brought in this viewer simply because there has been nothing else worth watching on TV at that particular time slot. For the last few seasons thats been my excuse!

Vienna said at m g "I am the happiest person you will ever know" and we have screen caps of her crying and crying. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3788964;
    In the intro when Jake was straddling his motorcycle in his leather jacket, staring up into the sunset as an airplane flies overhead as the sun turns from orange to pink as it descends into the skyline.

Note the big cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl757;3788838;
    My husband, who patiently watches the show with me each season, noted the strange music they played whenever Michelle was shown. We both couldn't stop laughing. Poor girl, I hope she was paid well.
    Yes. It was like in the cheesy James Bond bloopers where the villanous actor is hiding behind the pillar with a rubber chicken instead of a gun and he bursts out... ominous hunting music.
    Last edited by sallys; 01-08-2010 at 03:26 AM.
    REIDiculous - SALLY

I re-watched the first episode and listened to what Jake said he looked for in a girl and Vienna seemed to fit. IMO the edit was to throw people off the trail. ABC thought by making her appear bratty and immature the viewers would consider Vienna an after thought for F1. Friends I have talked to who do not go to spoiler sites think Vienna will be leaving next. If they only knew.

FORT Fogey

I think the biggest editing clue to Vienna being F1 in the season premiere clips was her comment about every girl in this house being so fake. Translation: Vienna is genuine. It completely answers Jake's comments about being true to himself, not doing what others wanted him to do, choosing the one with the heart of gold, yada yada. We all laughed it off as just so much fluff, but in light of the spoilers, it's rather telling.

Man, Fleiss really knows his audience, and how to play them (us).
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 01-08-2010 at 09:22 AM.