Page 51 of 297 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

  1. #501
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,114

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3801417;
    I'm having a hard time placing Tenley at F2. Can someone convince me she is getting a F2 edit? I know we have the s/cap in the pool, I've always thought it was Gia, . Ryvetted has some great caps showing the difference between Tenley and Gia, however I'm swaying again towards Gia only because I can't see Tenley going all the way to F2. That will be a heartbreak goodbye for her.

    She broke down talking about her ex, and went so far to say he'll always be a part of her or something to that effect? That sent a red flag, its not like she has children that would force one to be in contact with their ex. I would think any guy would be hesitant, in this scenerio of finding a wife, to take her all the way to F2? Will it take Jake that long to realize maybe she just needs more time out in the dating world? IMO she is far too emotional about the ex and because of what she went through I would think it would take time for her to be confident and trusting in a relationship.
    When Tenley was talking to Jake about her past, and she made the comment that IT will always be part of her, I think she was talking about the divorce, not the ex-husband, per se. She said something like I wish it wasn't part of me (or my past), but it is so it's something I have to deal with. The way she presented it to Jake, she was separating the divorce (the what) from the ex-husband (the who). Now, when you figure in the complete emotional breakdown everytime the subject comes up, you have to wonder how well she is coping -- not very well at all, imo.

  2. #502
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by richmondrose;3801439;
    I think the underlined passage ties into Jake's Mr. Perfect personality. The girls' opinions, attitudes and comments regarding Vienna are a slap in his face. Because he believes himself to be a good judge of character and coupled with his emotional high from the previous date with Vienna plus the incident with Michelle, he perceives their outspoken distain for Vienna as a personal attact on his judgement and ultimately a weakness in his character that allows Vienna to hoodwink him while the rest see right through her. To save face, he cuts the date short and retreats to regroup.

    On another note, I find it interesting that Vienna has traded her locket for a STAR ...subliminal message or what?
    I disagree – Jake said last night that he knows he is only seeing the girls through his eyes and wants to know what the other girls think so he can make informed choices (of course that was a bad paraphrase, but the gist).

    Vienna was very much the Trish/Bettina/Chelsea/Moana last night who is clearly someone different when she’s with Jake and with the girls. Although Ali was blunt and straightforward with Vienna and Michelle about their actions, she was also straightforward with Jake about it.
    Last edited by anders332; 01-19-2010 at 12:32 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  3. #503
    FORT Fogey GuardianAngel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    4,586

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3801447;
    We talked about this a couple of days ago. There was a tremendously humorous and quite personable guy who posted for the longest time on here. He would give us the most valuable "guy" insights and perspectives - many of which, I might say that though we appreciated, we as women disliked!
    The one that sticks in my mind the most was the male perspective that he patiently gave every time we women complained about the problem woman in the house.

    He said that a guy doesn't care if a woman can not get along with other women or relate to them - a guy cares about how that woman relates to him.
    Although that is a very self-centered approach, that is the way it is. Such is life!

    We all know the b***h in school that ended up happily married with kids. We scratch our heads and say, "How did that happen?" It happened because she wasn't the same way with him that she was with us! He doesn't care what she was or maybe still even is with other women. He is considered with what she is to him.

    Although Jake shows interest in what is going on in the house, obviously he is much more interested in how he and Vienna interact. If he does select Vienna, it will be because HE warmed up to her - not because the girls did or anyone else.
    That was a great conversation the other day from a guys' perspective. Wish we had more!

    As far as the bolded, I think you're right Bloomers, maybe V has truly fallen for Jake, this brings out another side of people when they are head over heels over someone. They become more caring compassionate people, and Jake can see this side of her? She even mentioned herself, her mom is so in love with her dad? or something to that effect, and she wants the same thing in her life. I think that comment was an important edit for us.

    She specifically said she doesn't care what others think of her. This tells me her edit will continue to show her going after what she wants, ticking off the rest of the girls along the way. Maybe this is a change for TPTB to show the F1 constantly in our faces? or I'm still not sure if we see this just because of RS's theory.

    Gia, would make a wonderful F2 if she's not F1, and a wonderful Bachelorette. I think she would have no problem putting up with all the b/s.

  4. #504
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    729

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3801455;
    I disagree – Jake said last night that he knows he is only seeing the girls through his eyes and wants to know what the other girls think so he can make informed choices (of course that was a bad paraphrase, but the gist).
    Vienna was very much the Trish/Bettina/Chelsea/Moana last night who is clearly someone different when she’s with Jake and with the girls. Although Ali was blunt and straightforward with Vienna and Michelle about their actions, she was also straightforward with Jake about it.
    Maybe that's what he wants rationally, but his ego may not see it that way.

  5. #505
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3801447;
    He said that a guy doesn't care if a woman can not get along with other women or relate to them - a guy cares about how that woman relates to him.
    Although that is a very self-centered approach, that is the way it is. Such is life!

    We all know the b***h in school that ended up happily married with kids. We scratch our heads and say, "How did that happen?" It happened because she wasn't the same way with him that she was with us! He doesn't care what she was or maybe still even is with other women. He is considered with what she is to him.

    Although Jake shows interest in what is going on in the house, obviously he is much more interested in how he and Vienna interact. If he does select Vienna, it will be because HE warmed up to her - not because the girls did or anyone else.


    I understand this, but maybe because I come from a military background, I believe a guy wants a wife who is involved with other friends. Sure, he wants to be her first priority, but I've seen single guys back away from girls who had few girlfriends and a lot of girl "drama," and comment on that. In the military world, that would be really hard for her.

    I can't imagine most guys would want a partner in life who has trouble getting along with other women. Maybe to date - but to marry? Vienna proved to him she can roll with the punches when it comes to situations, but the fact that she can't get along with other women - the majority of the women in the house? Something has to happen to redeem her. The other girls have to forgive her somehow. As I commented above, her edit seems negative for an F1. UNLESS she is not his final, final F1.

    Sorry to repeat, but do you remember which girl was talking about her fear of putting herself out there? They were in the house and IIRC she was sitting on the floor.

  6. #506
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,406

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    I don’t see a redemption edit coming for Vienna any time soon – her preview for next week has her saying she’d rather ride a bike behind the RV than be stuck in it with Ali and Tenley. And next week she will be on a group date hot off the heals of having him all to herself on their date this week – that is bound to provide lots of great entertainment. I can’t remember – is Ali and/or Tenley on that date as well??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  7. #507
    FORT Fogey SaffronSunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,401

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Well, I think I"m a little sore today from the shift in edits last night. I was in an unspoiled chat room watching last night & it was really interesting to get thoughts about each player in real time from a variety of viewers. Ali & Tenley were the favs when the show started & "Wannabe Paris Hilton" was definantely not a favorite. It didn't take long for opinions to shift, not necessarily towards Vienna, but away from Ali. Ali was edited to have perma-scowl on her face & only seemed to smile when she was toasting Corrie for dissing Vienna behind her back. (Isn't that what Ali said one of the problems she had with Vienna..that Vienna talked about all the girls? I guess it's OK if you're in front of a live audience). The words "b*tchy, immature, bitter & backstabber were used to describe Ali by the end of the night. I guess I'm saying that Ali's favor fell after her edit last night.

    Even though I'm not going to have a fav, I thought I would like Ali & Gia the most this season, especially after Ali's date last week. I have to admit, I changed my mind about Ali after last night. Last night Ali was shown as being more interested in hurting Vienna than getting to know Jake. I know Ali said she felt like she had more of a connection with Jake because of their date, but was shown not to understand when Vienna said the same thing. I know it was said that Vienna talked & talked about the date & I believe she did...I think Vienna is probably the type of girl who could talk for an hour about what she had for lunch......but I'm sure Ali talked about her date as well. It makes sense that the edit is being shifted more favorable to Vienna, but an edit can't put words into someone mouth when you see their lips moving & it matches. We even knew that Corrie wasn't getting bleeped..she was saying "bleep"

    The general opinion of Tenley didn't seem to change in the room, except that they didn't think she was over her ex husband because she seemed to cry everytime she talked to Jake about it. Bloomers, I have to ask you, maybe this is just me nitpicking but what was up with
    Tenley at the comedy club? Number 1, why did she get up on stage & throw her legs behind her head (I can only imagine the comments if Vienna or Gia would have done that) & Number 2 why would they only show Tenley on stage throwing her legs behind her head & not any of her jokes? Ok, I know you don't know the answer to Number 1, but what about your thoughts on Number 2? She's gotten a pretty bland (to me) edit so far. I've seen you point out the conflict-----resolution plot for F1, but right now Tenley seems to have to conflict (can't quite get over past relationship) or is it too soon? Maybe Vienna's conflict is Jake concern over the Vienna he sees & the Vienna that the girls have told him about.

    Sorry, this is such a long post.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

  8. #508
    FORT Fogey jlccaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,380

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3801494;
    ...The general opinion of Tenley didn't seem to change in the room, except that they didn't think she was over her ex husband because she seemed to cry everytime she talked to Jake about it. ...Sorry, this is such a long post.
    I totally agree.

    Tenley NEEDS to move on from her brush with a Cheater, and is trying hard, and being on the show is a brave step, but no way is she ready to pick another mate (and her lovely, supportive Mom should stage an intervention if she tries) for another year or so. Raw raw raw hurt. Sad. Jake isn't going to sign up for that post show.

    I should have put that in my other post as another indicator that she is F2.

  9. #509
    Fan of the Love Story
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    76

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by nd4reality;3801430;
    The edit is showing Ali up in a negative way and will surely cushion the blow for whatever reason she leaves at F4.

    However, it clearly shows Vienna up badly too. If it were just between Ali and Vienna (with Ali the "bad guy"), they would have cut the Gia episode, they would have cut the other girls tattling to Jake and all the other PIs with the girls talking badly about Vienna.
    It would all have reached the cutting floor. But none of it did.

    So they are deliberately showing us the bad side of these women.

    Vienna also mentioned Tenley in the preview together with Ali. This means that Tenley also had an issue with her but that one was just not shown.

    Why ?
    Damage control, maybe? My guess is that TPTB intend for us to feel sorry for Vienna, because although we are HEARING from the girls about what she is doing (talking smack about everyone in the house, etc), WE have not really SEEN it. So we are left to decide:
    1. Is Vienna really a sweet, somewhat immature girl being ganged up on by the mean girls?
    2. Is there more to Vienna than we are being shown and TPTB aren't showing us on purpose so we will like her better when she is revealed as F1?

    I honestly think last night's edit was quite a gamble by TPTB. Even the average viewer has to be scratching his/her head and going, "Huh? Who in the world am I supposed to like now?" If they think about that long enough, they will eventually come to the conclusion that TPTB show us what they want us to see and nothing more. That's the first step toward seeing the show for what it really is, right??

  10. #510
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,989

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3801494;
    Well, I think I"m a little sore today from the shift in edits last night. I was in an unspoiled chat room watching last night & it was really interesting to get thoughts about each player in real time from a variety of viewers. Ali & Tenley were the favs when the show started & "Wannabe Paris Hilton" was definantely not a favorite. It didn't take long for opinions to shift, not necessarily towards Vienna, but away from Ali. Ali was edited to have perma-scowl on her face & only seemed to smile when she was toasting Corrie for dissing Vienna behind her back. (Isn't that what Ali said one of the problems she had with Vienna..that Vienna talked about all the girls? I guess it's OK if you're in front of a live audience). The words "b*tchy, immature, bitter & backstabber were used to describe Ali by the end of the night. I guess I'm saying that Ali's favor fell after her edit last night.

    Even though I'm not going to have a fav, I thought I would like Ali & Gia the most this season, especially after Ali's date last week. I have to admit, I changed my mind about Ali after last night. Last night Ali was shown as being more interested in hurting Vienna than getting to know Jake. I know Ali said she felt like she had more of a connection with Jake because of their date, but was shown not to understand when Vienna said the same thing. I know it was said that Vienna talked & talked about the date & I believe she did...I think Vienna is probably the type of girl who could talk for an hour about what she had for lunch......but I'm sure Ali talked about her date as well. It makes sense that the edit is being shifted more favorable to Vienna, but an edit can't put words into someone mouth when you see their lips moving & it matches. We even knew that Corrie wasn't getting bleeped..she was saying "bleep"

    The general opinion of Tenley didn't seem to change in the room, except that they didn't think she was over her ex husband because she seemed to cry everytime she talked to Jake about it. Bloomers, I have to ask you, maybe this is just me nitpicking but what was up with
    Tenley at the comedy club? Number 1, why did she get up on stage & throw her legs behind her head (I can only imagine the comments if Vienna or Gia would have done that) & Number 2 why would they only show Tenley on stage throwing her legs behind her head & not any of her jokes? Ok, I know you don't know the answer to Number 1, but what about your thoughts on Number 2? She's gotten a pretty bland (to me) edit so far. I've seen you point out the conflict-----resolution plot for F1, but right now Tenley seems to have to conflict (can't quite get over past relationship) or is it too soon? Maybe Vienna's conflict is Jake concern over the Vienna he sees & the Vienna that the girls have told him about.

    Sorry, this is such a long pos
    t.

    The posts are going to tend to be long because this is a discussion thread and because we have just finished watching a new episode. Please don't apologize! Most of the people on this thread like to analyze and write their thoughts, and they like to read and respond either mentally or actively to others' thoughts as well.

    My take on Tenley's comedy gig as well as the rest of them is that since they are not naturally comedians, they were all stretching ( excuse the pun ) for any material to present. You can see that some of them were using material relevant to their own lives. Obviously, Ali had heard that Tigger joke when she was younger, enjoyed it, and pulled it up from her memory for use in a clutch. Likewise, I suspect that Tenley has gotten considerable attention and laughs from her pretzel moves. If it worked with other people, why not try it with the live audience?

    Tenley's storyline appeared to start right off with her heartbreaking marriage and divorce. We are on episode 3, and we are still on it ( I don't mean to sound insensitive - just pointing it out). Does the subject in some form or other continue to come up throughout the season?
    There is a poster on one of the other threads who is reporting that a usually reliable inside source is saying that Tenley is already dating someone else. If this is true, then perhaps Jake decides that Tenley is not over the crushing hurt from her broken marriage and that she needs to date more before she settles down. This is speculation, of course, but right now it sounds fairly plausible for the info we have. Again, all of this is subject to change as we get obtain additional information from the edit and elsewhere.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.