Page 295 of 297 FirstFirst ... 195245285286287288289290291292293294295296297 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3842204;
    Why do most of the viewers dislike her? The same answers would probably come from the women in the house if they were free to say whatever they would like to say. I saw plenty about her that was off-putting.
    I think most of the viewers picked up on the little things Vienna said. Of course others probably said things as well but those were edited out. Most people fall for those old edits season after season.

I just hope at the end we have a happy couple. Afterall that is what this is all about...their happiness not ours.

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3842343;
    I think the whole "Vienna being disliked by all the girls in house" was fake editing. Ali said she likes Vienna, Corrie in post show interview said she liked Vienna, Gia LOVES Vienna, and on and on. Who is supposed to dislike Vienna?

All the interviews I have seen by the other girls say they like Vienna, but then a few have said she "is young" and speaks without thinking sometimes but they don't hold that against her.
    I wholeheartedly believe the fake editing can skew things to look a certain way, so I imagine it's not nearly as bad as they show tried to make it seem. But I think it was pretty clear from the number of girls who were shocked that Vienna was still around when they were sent home, or the Improv performance about Vienna the girls thought so funny, or the number of girls who said something to Jake about Vienna that at the time, there were plenty of women in that house who were annoyed by her.

Hindsight is very different from being in the situation. While they said at the time that they disliked her, it's probably because they were living with her round the clock in a fishbowl. It would make everything heightened and more difficult. I imagine that now, months after the filming ended, the girls were able to get a more distanced perspective on Vienna as a person.

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3842343;
    I think the whole "Vienna being disliked by all the girls in house" was fake editing. Ali said she likes Vienna, Corrie in post show interview said she liked Vienna, Gia LOVES Vienna, and on and on. Who is supposed to dislike Vienna?

All the interviews I have seen by the other girls say they like Vienna, but then a few have said she "is young" and speaks without thinking sometimes but they don't hold that against her.

The reason they never showed WHY Vienna was hated is SHE IS NOT HATED! lol. In fact, go re-watch the shows. You will see a ton of scenes if you watch close with the girls being CLOSE to Vienna. Sitting and laughing with her in background shots.

Viewers were manipulated to think Vienna was not liked by reducing 5000 hours of inside the house footage to the 5 minutes people said something bad about Vienna. The little bit of footage they showed was all about the competition. Like when Vienna came back from one on one date and "kiss and told" how good Jake and her got along. Ya that made other girls mad but now show is done they like Vienna. That anger was about trying to score with Jake and Vienna doing better than they were.

We saw all the "situations" that made the girls "dislike" Vienna. Vienna called out the girls that were there to get modeling/acting gigs and didn't even like Jake (true)...episode 1 or 2, then Vienna bragging after one on one date which was not Vienna being mean at all...just not understanding the other girls were not going to share her joy! And like I said, now that show is over none of these girls dislike Vienna anymore.
    I agree. WIth 25 different personalities there is bound to be those that don't get along with some of the women. That goes for almost everyone. I think the edits pegged Vienna in the bad edit and lots of us fell for that. I think Ali and Gia spoke up for her and I think that shows maturity to realize that everyone has faults and they felt that she is being delt with unfairly in the tabloids and some of the online viewers.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3842350;
    I think most of the viewers picked up on the little things Vienna said. Of course others probably said things as well but those were edited out. Most people fall for those old edits season after season.

I just hope at the end we have a happy couple. Afterall that is what this is all about...their happiness not ours.
    That's a really good question, "Why do a lot of viewers not like Vienna?" and the answer I'm sure is complex. But I think the main reason, and this is amazingly superficial, is her looks.

This show is like a cheap romance novel. It's about a Prince finding his Princess or the reverse, a Princess finding her Prince. They cast a lot of "good looking" people. You saw all the silly shots of Jake on his motorcycle etc. making him look like a stud. Vienna has a lazy eye and I think while people are not actually conscious of that, they pre-judge her because of it.

If you had everything in game happen exactly like it did but had Vienna in Ali's body and Ali in Vienna's Body, I think Ali would have been disliked by viewers. Vienna does not look like the lead in a romance novel that women want to identify with. Personally, I think she looks just fine. Nobody is perfect.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;3842353;
    I wholeheartedly believe the fake editing can skew things to look a certain way, so I imagine it's not nearly as bad as they show tried to make it seem. But I think it was pretty clear from the number of girls who were shocked that Vienna was still around when they were sent home, or the Improv performance about Vienna the girls thought so funny, or the number of girls who said something to Jake about Vienna that at the time, there were plenty of women in that house who were annoyed by her.
    Great points. You know one thing, and it's hard to put into words, is there is something a little different about Vienna, and Jake as well if you watch shows close. Probably why they ended up together and apparently in love. You can't really come up with one label or word to describe a whole human personality, but they are both “simple” people. What do I mean by that? Hmmmmm

Here’s a few examples, Jake in the “improve” show when asked about how a few of the girls made fun of Vienna, his on show answer, “Bless her heart, she (Vienna) is not here to defend herself.” Do you know any men in your life who would use the expression, “Bless her heart?” I sure don’t. And look at Vienna… she has this amazing one on one date with Jake (bungee cord) and is gushing…and she comes home from date and starts bragging to other girls how much she and Jake connected like she is telling her best friend at middle school and expects them to be excited for her… not a bunch of other women also trying to win Jake. Vienna just didn’t get this was not appropriate topic of conversation.

So both Vienna and Jake have this sort of simple direct way of thinking and behaving. Like how Jake kept going against show rules, sending home both Ella and Kathryn when he was only supposed to send home one…and how that night he sent home 2 more girls instead of one more as well. He just operates under Jake rules.

Jake almost seems like he came through a time machine from the old west in 1867. Maybe he’s just from a small town or had a sheltered upbringing. I don’t know. But both him and Vienna match in this way. I think they both just reincarnated from a pioneer life in 1867 myself, I can picture them both in a old west movie...on a wagon train heading west, Vienna with a baby on knee and two more young-ins in the back.,,

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3842370;
    Great points. You know one thing, and it's hard to put into words, is there is something a little different about Vienna, and Jake as well if you watch shows close. Probably why they ended up together and apparently in love. You can't really come up with one label or word to describe a whole human personality, but they are both “simple” people. What do I mean by that? Hmmmmm

Here’s a few examples, Jake in the “improve” show when asked about how a few of the girls made fun of Vienna, his on show answer, “Bless her heart, she (Vienna) is not here to defend herself.” Do you know any men in your life who would use the expression, “Bless her heart?” I sure don’t. And look at Vienna… she has this amazing one on one date with Jake (bungee cord) and is gushing…and she comes home from date and starts bragging to other girls how much she and Jake connected like she is telling her best friend at middle school and expects them to be excited for her… not a bunch of other women also trying to win Jake. Vienna just didn’t get this was not appropriate topic of conversation.

So both Vienna and Jake have this sort of simple direct way of thinking and behaving. Like how Jake kept going against show rules, sending home both Ella and Kathryn when he was only supposed to send home one…and how that night he sent home 2 more girls instead of one more as well. He just operates under Jake rules.

Jake almost seems like he came through a time machine from the old west in 1867. Maybe he’s just from a small town or had a sheltered upbringing. I don’t know. But both him and Vienna match in this way. I think they both just reincarnated from a pioneer life in 1867 myself, I can picture them both in a old west movie...on a wagon train heading west, Vienna with a baby on knee and two more young-ins in the back.,,
    Hoo boy! What a fun post, skyocean. Thank you.

Jake and Vienna in a little house on the prairie somewhere. No hair bleach, extensions, breast implants, fake tan, tattoos, elevator shoes, airplanes, chauffeured limos, mansions, fantasy vacations, TV cameras or microphones, or audience. No electricity, running water, indoor facilities or appliances. So basically what you have is a short, earnest, do-it-yourselfer (that's a plus!) dude and a flat-chested, short-haired brunette daddy's princess sans the daddy to prop her up, trying to manage in a wilderness, all alone. That certainly would be the test to see if you could stand each other for any length of time, bless their hearts! (BTW, bless her heart is a pretty common expression in the Dallas/Denton/bible belt area that Jake is from. Actually, it's pretty commonly used across the South.)

I guess I don't see the same parallels that you draw, but it was a great visual. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3842350;

I think it's more her behavior and her altered appearance that is most off-putting. I don't really remember much of what she said to the other women.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3840309;
    Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen, but I wish Jake and Vienna well. To me, the edit always pointed to her as the F1. Ali was on one long dress rehearsal for the Bachelorette. I wish her well on her season.
    I had an opportunity to speak to some who know Vienna well. While there are some grains of truth, most of the stuff that was published about her was greatly exaggerated. I will be meeting her in the near future.
    And there will be a brand new very explosive website that will open tomorrow night in reference to these grains on small truth. Vienna's friends will have their say after all. Not just those that were paid to talk about trash.

Quote Originally Posted by skyocean;3842357;
    That's a really good question, "Why do a lot of viewers not like Vienna?" and the answer I'm sure is complex. But I think the main reason, and this is amazingly superficial, is her looks.

This show is like a cheap romance novel. It's about a Prince finding his Princess or the reverse, a Princess finding her Prince. They cast a lot of "good looking" people. You saw all the silly shots of Jake on his motorcycle etc. making him look like a stud. Vienna has a lazy eye and I think while people are not actually conscious of that, they pre-judge her because of it.

If you had everything in game happen exactly like it did but had Vienna in Ali's body and Ali in Vienna's Body, I think Ali would have been disliked by viewers. Vienna does not look like the lead in a romance novel that women want to identify with. Personally, I think she looks just fine. Nobody is perfect.
    This is probably true for some folks, but for me she is just whiny, immature, needy, and annoying. I will say at first I didn't get why everyone in the house didn't like her, even defended her and questioned WHY don't they like her because it wasn't terribly clear. Other than the daddy's girl edit she received in the beginning package there wasn't much to her then they started letting her talk more. This may sound gross, but I got the daughter vibe with her and Jake, the way she talks to him and he coddles her. The whole I want to be the last one you talk to was irksome as well, and if that's an indication of what she's like most of the time then no thanks.

You couple that with the fact that people chose a favorite and their favorite didn't "Win" because of Vienna then naturally there will be some dislike towards her. It happens every season. There's usually a huge divide between the favorite and the winner if they are not the same person, and I really think that has very little to do with looks.

I would hope that her looks aren't the main or any part of the reason people don't like her. She has a really pretty smile, a nice figure. She's a cute girl. To be honest I didn't even notice she had a lazy eye until you brought it up.
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Quote Originally Posted by Pdilly1;3842354;
    I agree. WIth 25 different personalities there is bound to be those that don't get along with some of the women. That goes for almost everyone. I think the edits pegged Vienna in the bad edit and lots of us fell for that. I think Ali and Gia spoke up for her and I think that shows maturity to realize that everyone has faults and they felt that she is being delt with unfairly in the tabloids and some of the online viewers.
    I completely agree with this. I've watched enough of America's next top model to know there will be more than one personality clash in a house full of women.