Page 293 of 297 FirstFirst ... 193243283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297 LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,930 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3841194;
    I hate to give the editors of this show credit, but when you think about how they can take a clip from one scene and splice it into another to fool the viewers it is pretty amazing. I think it is funny when my friends talk about the previews and believe everything they see, for example when Tenley says that she is pregnant.
    Some things can be spliced and diced but others give visual evidence of what really happened. Ali at RC saying....if she is who he wants, then I am not the one for him, Vienna in Jake's room during 2-1 date with Gia's knowledge,etc. They didn't need to script these, they were Fleiss's gold to use in the edit.

Little Red Sleuth Coupe! in2deep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3841194;
    I hate to give the editors of this show credit, but when you think about how they can take a clip from one scene and splice it into another to fool the viewers it is pretty amazing. I think it is funny when my friends talk about the previews and believe everything they see, for example when Tenley says that she is pregnant.
    Watching the clothing is a good trick. Kudos to whoever caught the change of shorts when Jake went from the bathroom to the bedroom to answer the phone!

A good editor using PROTOOLS can even take a syllable from one word and replace it in another when needed. I have heard DUH say things like, "find me the syllable ARS, Mike - I need it to correct the clothing noise on RACECARS on p. 38."

I'm the first to admit that the editing on this show *is* good - y'all now know they can splice the "s" right out of "roses."

As much as the edit is odd, and fascinating, I am still not getting why they edited Vienna so badly, since no one from the show has said she's horrible.
    I'd love a happy ending, regardless of who it's with

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3841524;
    As much as the edit is odd, and fascinating, I am still not getting why they edited Vienna so badly, since no one from the show has said she's horrible.
    I'd love a happy ending, regardless of who it's with
    This is why I wonder if Vienna's edit is a backhanded slap to Jake. Not only is he not perfect but he's not after the ideal woman that he stated at season's outset.

I think it's all about shoving it to Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3841530;
    This is why I wonder if Vienna's edit is a backhanded slap to Jake. Not only is he not perfect but he's not after the ideal woman that he stated at season's outset.

I think it's all about shoving it to Jake.
    OHHH, I never thought of it that way! It makes sense too from seeing some of the women *seemingly* encouraged to like him, yet seem forced as far as a connection.

Then again, sometimes I think a tree with breasts would interest Jake

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    ItPrior to Matt's season, we saw the F3 and usually the F4 make a small but definite connection with the Bach/ette at the M & G. Now sometimes, we are doing well if we just see a couple of the F4 in a screencap with the Bach/ette.

The tendency now is to have some of the F4 deliberately get skipped for dates which makes it harder to try to sleuth the edit.

RS's reveal was quite helpful. We would have had a worse time with figuring the outcome - or accepting it - without his reveal.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++
    At MsDll suggestion, I pulled this post over from the sleuthing thread. It's a response to a great post by Bloomers (who might pull the full post over of which the above is a portion) regarding the unconventional editing post-Matt.

Meet and Greet "connection" moments:
    Jillian: Wes (F4), Kip (F2), Ed (F1), no Reid (F3)
    Jake: Ali (F4), Tenley(F2), Vienna (F1), no Gia (F3)

But in Jason's season, we saw Jason make a connection with Jillian.

Late F4 dates:
    Jillian: Reid F3 (Epi 6)
    Jake: Tenley F2 (Epi 5)

The more I watch Jake's season unfold, the more I think Fleiss decided to just reproduce Jill's season but without quite the glamour and with a few KEY different outcomes. There's Roz substituted for Wes. There's Ali vs. Vienna instead of Juan vs. David. There's Ali's departure a al Ed's departure only this time the "leaver" does not get to return and become F1. There's Gia, the reserved, instead of Reid. There's Vienna, the shocking edit, as F1 instead of Ed's "shady" edit, both of whom did not fare well with tabloids.

How this helps us next season, I'm not so sure. It's almost as if it's time for a whole new cycle, setu

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3841542;
    OHHH, I never thought of it that way! It makes sense too from seeing some of the women *seemingly* encouraged to like him, yet seem forced as far as a connection.

Then again, sometimes I think a tree with breasts would interest Jake
    None of those girls were there for "the right reasons."

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3841548;
    I think some of the ones that left the first night were

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3841548;
    Neither it seems was the lead this season. At least not the ones he started with on opening night with nice guys finish last.

FORT Fogey

Well, if Ali is the next bachelorette, then it is clear why Vienna got the edit she did. They want us to side with her because they want us to tune in for the next season of the bachelorette.