Page 292 of 297 FirstFirst ... 192242282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296297 LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 2962

Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840217;
    That preview took me right back to the Firestone MTP when his older bro Adam told him about the bf Kirsten still had back home in Florida. Andy appeared stunned (btw when did the complete scripting begin?). Alex's sisters weren't nice talking about Trista in season 1, Moana meeting Dr. Stork's family and becoming emotional. Anyone remember any other cringe worthy MTP from past seasons? Maybe this one will top those.
    I'm drawing a blank on the names of the girls Byron had for his HTDs, but one visit was excruciating. The family (mom and brother) just sat there with frozen faces. I remember looking at my watch every 2 or 3 seconds hoping the segment would end. I think Byron was nearly as uncomfortable as I was.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3840343;
    I don't know how edited it was, but I am with you on how Chris was treating Michelle. I thought that it was very rude of him to bring Michelle up on the hot seat and then to keep asking the girls if they thought her edit was accurate. If Chris was trying to get Michelle to flip out and say something crazy, it didn't work. She conducted herself quite well and didn't give them anything to work with. Good for her.
    I'm getting awfully tired of Chris putting words in Jake's mouth all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3839085;
    The MMPI is a VERY grueling test. I have several friends who have taken it, one because of actual evaluation and the others for a research study. After hearing them talk about it, you couldn't pay me enough money to take it, short of paying my whole college tuition of course.
    Hi! Sorry to be coming late to the Psych testing convo. As others have suggested, my guess would be that by the time the participants make it this far in the screening process, they have already invested so much time and emotion--even if it's just excitement about the process or being "one of very few that is picked." At that point, it's not too hard to convince them to do "one more thing" whether that be psych testing, silly antics, or whatever. It's the same principle of the gambler who keeps throwing money into the slots because he's put so much money and time in already, to walk away feels like admitting defeat. Once you get emotional investment, you may not have to manipulate people too much, they often self-manipulate to justify to themselves why they are doing something that they may feel is out of character. As a Counselor, I see this often with women in relationships with domestic abuse...they feel like walking away from something destructive makes them look "stupid" for being there in the first place, so they keep finding (or fabricating, as neccesary) reasons to stay.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3840788;
    I'm getting awfully tired of Chris putting words in Jake's mouth all the time.
    If he didn't it would be like they were on a silent retreat somewhere.. Jake body language says it all ............he is very controlled in what he does, what he says, how he walks, very rarely relaxed, always saying and doing the "right" thing except when Vienna snuck into his room (after informing Gia who was also on the same date), and he said when Vienna walked in he had "dirty thoughts". He probably had a cheesy grin when she walked into the FS with her lingerie (in SC). We saw sneak peeks into the real Jake in flashes. Is it March 2nd yet?

The SCs and sleuthing can't start soon enough.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3840750;
    Every season I ask myself "What does it say about me that I am interested in this?"

I watch because there is absolutely no drama in my life and I'm fascinated by these people whose lives are nothing but drama. But I think maybe Michelle and I need to get a two-for-one deal on somebody's couch.
    I watch it for a good laugh, wondering what each of them must be thinking to land on a show like this to face ridicule and noteriety in the rags.

BTW, seems Rozlyn is auditioning to work in front of the cameras on E!. Go figure, for all that humiliation, she was given a chance to audition.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3840652;
    100% agreement here. The choices were laughable as potential mates for Jake. Tenley comes the closest to what he said he wanted, but in the end he didn't really want that at all, just like so many before him.

I hope they do a better job casting for Ali.

Tenley and Corrie definitely came the closest to what he said he wanted in a woman. But it's so hard to look at all the edits and know who the real girls are. I don't think Ali would've been a bad choice for him either - but I think she's far too independent for him.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3840755;
    I'm drawing a blank on the names of the girls Byron had for his HTDs, but one visit was excruciating. The family (mom and brother) just sat there with frozen faces. I remember looking at my watch every 2 or 3 seconds hoping the segment would end. I think Byron was nearly as uncomfortable as I was.
    Mary, Tanya and Cindy got HTDs====that season there were 4 FDs and Cherise turned it down, then 3 HTDs.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3840868;
    Mary, Tanya and Cindy got HTDs====that season there were 4 FDs and Cherise turned it down, then 3 HTDs.
    Damn, you're good, anders!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

helps that I watched it recently - I live in Canada and the Cosmo channel is always running about 5 different seasons - an epi at noon every day (they just finished Aaron - I didn't watch). Friday night's at 9 - tonight is part 2 of Jason's FDs (they're doing them in 1 hr epis). Saturday morning at 8:30 or 9 - tomorrow morning is Trista's FDs (they run her season A LOT, which I've never seen all of) another epi at 10 (which is Travis' epi 2 tomorrow) and Monday night's is Jillian's season, which will be part 1 of the Season Finale.

I dont' watch them all - but Byron's season just concluded Sat's at 10 right before Travis' season started. I love Ali and her rotting eggs and being in her reproductive phase.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;3840468;
    It is interesting that they show the clip of Jake's mom asking if she was the one everyone in the house hate or disliked..and she is wearing the outfit that is when Tenley is there.but show Jake and Vienna sitting on the couch...So thats is a prime example of editing for the viewers to think that they asked Jake and Vienna while they were sitting there..
    I hate to give the editors of this show credit, but when you think about how they can take a clip from one scene and splice it into another to fool the viewers it is pretty amazing. I think it is funny when my friends talk about the previews and believe everything they see, for example when Tenley says that she is pregnant.
    Last edited by joliepaige; 02-26-2010 at 05:31 PM.