Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fan

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840426;
    If they made their call about both women after a short visit and based on his feedback on what happened on the show, how do they deal with the tabloids and the truth about someone they barely know. The year that follows the finale will tell if they make it as a couple. Jake could decide to marry her based on what they know of each other for a limited time in unconventional settings and deal with whatever comes their way.
    Someone, tell me if I'm wrong. This show is not in real time, it was filmed last fall, concluding just before Thanksgiving. Their feelings were made on what they saw at that time, not now after the tabloids have had a field day with most of the contestants and now the tabloids are turning on their son as well. Jake's parents are well educated, and I feel they realize what the rags are, they know their son, and support him in his decision then and now. And that goes for Vienna's parents as well. I'm sure it is terribly hard for them to see their daughter on every magazine cover - and now, she is engaged to a man whom the tabloids are trashing as well. This is a two way streets folks, all it leads to is the desire to sell trash in magazines. I blame MF as much as the tabloids, because he is such a greedy person that if trash makes his ratings go higher, he makes more money. I feel this is a vicious circle and where it is going to end, who knows.

FORT Fogey

Why are so many people dissatisfied with this season?

1) Bec' the lead was not interesting or engaging
    2) Bec' the lead picked the least liked girl in the house
    3) Bec' RS leaked the f1 early on
    4) Bec' a 32 yr old chose an immature 23 yr old (wants to mature with her)
    4) Bec' he picked someone who's personality was _________ (fill in a word that fits your perception of her)

Any other reason?

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840629;

4) Bec' he picked someone who's personality was _________ (fill in a word that fits your perception of her)

Any other reason?
    Too much drama between the girls. I don't care if they like each other or not I want to see the relationship between the girls and the lead.

Also not on the show but too much unsubstantiated trash in the media.

I don't think this group of women was right for him and so it was obvious from the start that there was not going to be a love story. I know there have to be a few interesting women each season just to fill the dead air while he narrows the field, but this season....from the get-go and based on the original promo photos, I never thought he could build a lasting relationship with any of them. Only possibility was maybe Tenley.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840629;

Any other reason?
    I know this is certainly going to sound absurd, but I am unhappy with this season because, in other seasons, even if it wasn't the final 1 that I wanted, I could "see" how it could go either way. I am just not feeling it, seeing it, buying it, or loving it this season no matter how hard I tried.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3840636;
    I don't think this group of women was right for him and so it was obvious from the start that there was not going to be a love story. I know there have to be a few interesting women each season just to fill the dead air while he narrows the field, but this season....from the get-go and based on the original promo photos, I never thought he could build a lasting relationship with any of them. Only possibility was maybe Tenley.
    100% agreement here. The choices were laughable as potential mates for Jake. Tenley comes the closest to what he said he wanted, but in the end he didn't really want that at all, just like so many before him.

I hope they do a better job casting for Ali.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3840652;
    100% agreement here. The choices were laughable as potential mates for Jake. Tenley comes the closest to what he said he wanted, but in the end he didn't really want that at all, just like so many before him.

Could it be that some of them backed off if they knew Jake was the next bach and they weren't interested at all bec' of it and wanted to sign on for a diff. bach?

FORT Newbie

Here here. Well said on both counts [posts].

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840656;
    Could it be that some of them backed off if they knew Jake was the next bach and they weren't interested at all bec' of it and wanted to sign on for a diff. bach?
    That's possible, but I can't help but think that there are so very few contestants that are actually looking for love on this show, it really doesn't matter who the lead is. Just show up, do whatever it takes to stay on as long as possible, and try to parlay the experience into the next gig.

You didn't buy that Roz was there for Jake, then, I guess?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.