Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

  1. #2881
    FORT Fanatic Flori da's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    611

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen, but I wish Jake and Vienna well. To me, the edit always pointed to her as the F1. Ali was on one long dress rehearsal for the Bachelorette. I wish her well on her season.
    I had an opportunity to speak to some who know Vienna well. While there are some grains of truth, most of the stuff that was published about her was greatly exaggerated. I will be meeting her in the near future.

  2. #2882
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3840297;
    Here is what my common sense is telling me! If Jake makes the comment that what his family thinks is important, and he chooses Vienna, then regardless of the snippets out of the hours they choose to show us, at the end of the family visit in St. Lucia, they were ok with Vienna.
    That is not to say that maybe they had no initial reservations, but by the time they left, they were not saying to Jake, "You are making a mistake, son (brother), if you go ahead and choose her."

    I think if that had been the final tenor of the conversation, he would have never proposed. He would have offered an alternate choice similar to something we have seen in the past.
    I agree. Its all the edit, he wouldn't have proposed if they hated her.

  3. #2883
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3840309;
    Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen, but I wish Jake and Vienna well. To me, the edit always pointed to her as the F1. Ali was on one long dress rehearsal for the Bachelorette. I wish her well on her season.
    I had an opportunity to speak to some who know Vienna well. While there are some grains of truth, most of the stuff that was published about her was greatly exaggerated. I will be meeting her in the near future.
    That's what I figured off course there is some truth to it (no one is perfect) but it was blown way out of proportion to create her "character". Tell her that we wish her and Jake the best. And don't forget to report back here after you meet her.

  4. #2884
    FORT Fogey Longhornfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3839581;
    Did anyone find Chris's interview with Michelle during the WTA choppily edited? Michelle, in every post-show interview, seems very normal and well-adjusted; she looked absolutely mortified by the recap; aside from Roz, she also called the show's bluff in saying both a) the show's not real b) it's a process that doesn't work to find love.

    When she was interacting with the girls, that segment seemed very edited to show that the girls found her unstable. Chris kept harping on their impressions of Michelle and the edit.
    I don't know how edited it was, but I am with you on how Chris was treating Michelle. I thought that it was very rude of him to bring Michelle up on the hot seat and then to keep asking the girls if they thought her edit was accurate. If Chris was trying to get Michelle to flip out and say something crazy, it didn't work. She conducted herself quite well and didn't give them anything to work with. Good for her.

  5. #2885
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3840343;
    I don't know how edited it was, but I am with you on how Chris was treating Michelle. I thought that it was very rude of him to bring Michelle up on the hot seat and then to keep asking the girls if they thought her edit was accurate. If Chris was trying to get Michelle to flip out and say something crazy, it didn't work. She conducted herself quite well and didn't give them anything to work with. Good for her.
    Have you ever noticed how the total ham, the dramatics, and the actor in the weatherman comes out when the weather is critical, and the spotlight is on the weatherman? It is as though the weatherman has saved up everything he has, and he uses it all at that time when the spotlight is particularly on him. Some of them act like total idiots!
    That is the way that I see Chris Harrison. He can be a real horse's patootie. He saves it up, and we get all of his pazazz on the WTA.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  6. #2886
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3,970

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3840297;
    Here is what my common sense is telling me! If Jake makes the comment that what his family thinks is important, and he chooses Vienna, then regardless of the snippets out of the hours they choose to show us, at the end of the family visit in St. Lucia, they were ok with Vienna.
    That is not to say that maybe they had no initial reservations, but by the time they left, they were not saying to Jake, "You are making a mistake, son (brother), if you go ahead and choose her."

    I think if that had been the final tenor of the conversation, he would have never proposed. He would have offered an alternate choice similar to something we have seen in the past.
    If they made their call about both women after a short visit and based on his feedback on what happened on the show, how do they deal with the tabloids and the truth about someone they barely know. The year that follows the finale will tell if they make it as a couple. Jake could decide to marry her based on what they know of each other for a limited time in unconventional settings and deal with whatever comes their way.

  7. #2887
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840426;
    If they made their call about both women after a short visit and based on his feedback on what happened on the show, how do they deal with the tabloids and the truth about someone they barely know. The year that follows the finale will tell if they make it as a couple. Jake could decide to marry her based on what they know of each other for a limited time in unconventional settings and deal with whatever comes their way.
    My point is that although we are given abbreviated clips that look as though his family thoroughly disapprove of Vienna, we know he has said it is important what his family thinks. Therefore, if his family was that disapproving of Vienna as the editors are trying to portend, then Jake would most likely would NOT have proposed to her.

    Will they make it a year from now? That remains to be seen. I have now said several times that it is Jake's to do what he will with. We shall see!
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  8. #2888
    FORT Fogey HotMomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,876

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    It is interesting that they show the clip of Jake's mom asking if she was the one everyone in the house hate or disliked..and she is wearing the outfit that is when Tenley is there.but show Jake and Vienna sitting on the couch...So thats is a prime example of editing for the viewers to think that they asked Jake and Vienna while they were sitting there..

  9. #2889
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,400

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3840309;
    Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen, but I wish Jake and Vienna well. To me, the edit always pointed to her as the F1. Ali was on one long dress rehearsal for the Bachelorette. I wish her well on her season.
    I had an opportunity to speak to some who know Vienna well. While there are some grains of truth, most of the stuff that was published about her was greatly exaggerated. I will be meeting her in the near future.
    Wow that's cool Flori da. I hope you get a chance to tell her we wish her well

  10. #2890
    Chris L Fan!! Charmed1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Leamington, ON Canada
    Posts
    193

    Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

    Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3840309;
    Whether it lasts or not remains to be seen, but I wish Jake and Vienna well. To me, the edit always pointed to her as the F1. Ali was on one long dress rehearsal for the Bachelorette. I wish her well on her season.
    I had an opportunity to speak to some who know Vienna well. While there are some grains of truth, most of the stuff that was published about her was greatly exaggerated. I will be meeting her in the near future.


    That's awesome. Please let her know she definitely had some very loyal supporters on here. Let us know how it goes !

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.