Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3840111;
    Me too! Which makes me think that the season was all about "Ali and Vienna" and really had nothing to do with Jake.

Surrogate Bachelor? Wait, I'm still thinking.........

In the preview that was shown on this week's show, Jake and Vienna are meeting Jake's parents and siblings, and after showing a shot of Vienna, we see shots of Jake's siblings and his Mom making disgusted-looking faces, ostensibly regarding Vienna, and Jake's Mom chimes in: "Jake, is this the girl the other girls hate?"
    Perhaps that preview was edited out of context.
    I can't imagine Jake's family being so rude to say those things to Vienna's face and making those disgusted faces around her.
    What do you think?
    Marti

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3840214;
    In the preview that was shown on this week's show, Jake and Vienna are meeting Jake's parents and siblings, and after showing a shot of Vienna, we see shots of Jake's siblings and his Mom making disgusted-looking faces, ostensibly regarding Vienna, and Jake's Mom chimes in: "Jake, is this the girl the other girls hate?"
    I can't imagine Jake's family being so rude to say those things to Vienna's face and making those disgusted faces around her.
    What do you think?
    That preview took me right back to the Firestone MTP when his older bro Adam told him about the bf Kirsten still had back home in Florida. Andy appeared stunned (btw when did the complete scripting begin?). Alex's sisters weren't nice talking about Trista in season 1, Moana meeting Dr. Stork's family and becoming emotional. Anyone remember any other cringe worthy MTP from past seasons? Maybe this one will top those.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart;3840214;
    What do you think?
    Mozart, this has been discussed before as many of us thought what you're thinking. But we noticed that Jake's mom is wearing the clothes she wore when the family met Tenley. We decided that this conversation is probably between Jake and his family after Tenley leaves as Jake is assumed to tell his parents that Vienna is very different from Tenley. I guess it's also possible the conversation takes place while Tenley is there but I think it's more likely the former.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840217;
    That preview took me right back to the Firestone MTP when his older bro Adam told him about the bf Kirsten still had back home in Florida. Andy appeared stunned (btw when did the complete scripting begin?). Alex's sisters weren't nice talking about Trista in season 1, Moana meeting Dr. Stork's family and becoming emotional. Anyone remember any other cringe worthy MTP from past seasons? Maybe this one will top those.
    I remember when Melissa met Jason's parents they gave her a hard time about Jason not being introduced to her parents. It was not necessary horrible but you could definetly tell she was very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3840225;
    Mozart, this has been discussed before as many of us thought what you're thinking. But we noticed that Jake's mom is wearing the clothes she wore when the family met Tenley. We decided that this conversation is probably between Jake and his family after Tenley leaves as Jake is assumed to tell his parents that Vienna is very different from Tenley. I guess it's also possible the conversation takes place while Tenley is there but I think it's more likely the former.
    Thanks very much for clearing this up!
    Marti

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840217;
    Bettina's dad meeting Brad wasn't very pretty.
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by C4Real;3840225;
    That's what I think too. It's just a quote that's been taken out of context and strategically placed in the preview, like everything else this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3840248;
    Bettina's dad meeting Brad wasn't very pretty.
    How did I forget that one? That was pretty intense. At the time some of us felt Brad had decided not to pick anyone after that family visit. He even said in a video clip that he told PTB he wouldn't be picking anyone two weeks before finale. That's right after HTD.

This season MTP may have Jake cringing and uncomfortable at times. Can't wait to read about it on the boards.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3840281;
    How did I forget that one? That was pretty intense. At the time some of us felt Brad had decided not to pick anyone after that family visit. He even said in a video clip that he told PTB he wouldn't be picking anyone two weeks before finale. That's right after HTD.

This season MTP may have Jake cringing and uncomfortable at times. Can't wait to read about it on the boards.
    Here is what my common sense is telling me! If Jake makes the comment that what his family thinks is important, and he chooses Vienna, then regardless of the snippets out of the hours they choose to show us, at the end of the family visit in St. Lucia, they were ok with Vienna.
    That is not to say that maybe they had no initial reservations, but by the time they left, they were not saying to Jake, "You are making a mistake, son (brother), if you go ahead and choose her."

I think if that had been the final tenor of the conversation, he would have never proposed. He would have offered an alternate choice similar to something we have seen in the past.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?