Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Who would have thought before the show started & we saw that screencap of the girl crying and saying that all the girls are fake that she would end up as F1 & add to that the bad intro edit they gave her..I marked her off my list as soon as I saw it & was surprised she stayed the first night.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3839706;
    Having visions of Jake being water boarded by Fleiss before he hands out the roses.
    I'd not go to this extreme, Kasha, but I do think that driving contestants around for four hours, supplying them with liquor, and then repetitively questioning them until they provide the desired answer is torturous. That a psychologist is on deck for most of this process is even more unethical.

Even if the contestants do it to themselves, I don't think they necessarily know the full extent of the manipulations at the time they sign the contract. I remember Reid's diary of the departed in which we went from day to night and he just looked fatigued. There was also Wes's drunken tirade. And Corrie seemed downright annoyed at parts of her DOD when she musta been repeatedly asked about being Jake's type, etc.

The interview process to become a CIA agent is similar to this process per a friend's experience. Along with application and testing, the interview process involves multiple rounds of questioning with the exact same question being repeatedly asked but just with different phrasing. It runs the person around in circles until he/she is not sure of his/her thinking/truth. It's a pressure test. Many break under it.

The Bachelor, if the knowledge we've read on this thread is true, seems to operate the same way. They hold the upper hand, fully omniscient of the players. The contestants have signed their rights away essentially so they must sit there until they're completely exasperated by the badgering OR sacrifice their own thoughts/feelings/true emotions & give TPTB what they want just so that they'll STOP asking questions.

It sounds so disorienting.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839806;
    This is something that is so staged ( so is the whole show). How does a guy go from "you were the lead "contender" the night you left", "I was falling in love with Ali" to suddenly flying to St. Lucia and after a day with each girl suddenly turns off his heart switch and "forces" himself to fall in love with timeline of 24 hours spent with each of f3. It's mind-boggling, really. Real love doesn't turn on and off like a water faucet. Why say all those over-the-top lines if it weren't true? Falling in love with 4 women, then 3, then 2 until the moment he chooses f1 and says he is in love? OH, PLEASE! Sounds like the beer bottles on the wall song.

I guess they want to be at the mercy of someone else for 8 weeks. Oh my! Choices! it's all about choices.

Amen!

From Ali's edit, I still maintain that she was cast at the start to be the next Bach'ette. There was no love between them, just bad acting. Ali earned her place as the lead

She'll be an interesting mix of Jillian (the career girl) and Deanna (the "all y'all are making me cry").

Should be fun if only for the eye candy

What I have come up with so far in terms of the psychological testing is that it took a full day for one person, and in addition two people were personally interviewed by a psychologist after they completed the tests. They were not given the results rather further questions asked of them.

Still researching.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3839935;
    What I have come up with so far in terms of the psychological testing is that it took a full day for one person, and in addition two people were personally interviewed by a psychologist after they completed the tests. They were not given the results rather further questions asked of them.

Still researching.
    Can you imagine a whole day of someone messing with your mind with those kinds of questions? If you weren't a little messed up when you went in, you might be by the time you came out.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839948;
    Can you imagine a whole day of someone messing with your mind with those kinds of questions? If you weren't a little messed up when you went in, you might be by the time you came out.
    Michelle

I think it depends on how seriously you take it. Is someone who is honestly seeking out psychological help answer differently than someone who just wants to be on tv, get a free vacation and all the alcohol you can drink for a couple weeks... umm YES!

I did not read through the evaluations so I am not sure if just making patterns out of dots or answering "A" to everything is even realistic

FORT Fogey

Gosh! They could at least give them their reports instead of bombarding them with more questions. Makes sense why some of them are strange on opening night. Remember the rotten eggs lady (and she was a doctor at that ) and the ones who did somersaults, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3839881;
    Who would have thought before the show started & we saw that screencap of the girl crying and saying that all the girls are fake that she would end up as F1 & add to that the bad intro edit they gave her..I marked her off my list as soon as I saw it & was surprised she stayed the first night.
    Me too! Which makes me think that the season was all about "Ali and Vienna" and really had nothing to do with Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3840111;
    Me too! Which makes me think that the season was all about "Ali and Vienna" and really had nothing to do with Jake.

ah - but it did - Ali didn't think Vienna was right for Jake, and if he wanted Vienna he didn't want her - and she was right!
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono