Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3839583;
    How does someone NOT know when they're being provoked? And, if you're in the top 3 and decide to not follow their manipulations, what can happen to you?

It's such a mind game. In many areas of the world, such interactions would be considered torture. That kinda repetitive questioning/rephrasing of the same question is similar to the CIA interview process. They try to find your weakness and push the interviewee to the breaking point. And this is just reality TV!
    Having visions of Jake being water boarded by Fleiss before he hands out the roses.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839144;
    That would be so good, and see please if any of them were ever given any feedback on their tests if you can.
    Okay, I will. I have a feeling that when they signed up for the show they did not know about the extent of the psychological testing until it was placed in front of them.

Truly these tests can help determine the possible edit direction for each contestant.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839196;
    As to why do people put themselves into this position to start with? Some of them have glory hog personalities, some of them want to further their careers, most of them are seeking adventure and fun, and I think some of them must simply be gluttons for punishment. I can't believe that there is really any one single person that reasonably believes that he or she will actually be the 1 out 25 people to ends up as the final one.
    I asked a past contestant about the motivations of those that go on the show, and she told me that her friends talked her into going to the casting call. She thought nothing would come of it but then she was called back and freaked a little. Her friends told her to go for it because it would be a fun experience, and she would get to travel for free. She said each gal had their own reason for being on the show, but the majority were just like her ~ fun experience, not for the guy. Very few went on the show for love, but there were those that wanted to become models or actors.

We have seen where motivation has played into the edit. Wes telling us Jake went on the show to be the next Bachelor. Others saying that they came on the show for themselves (modeling, acting, singing) and not for the guy/gal. Etc...
    Last edited by BlondieGal; 02-25-2010 at 08:21 AM.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3839729;
    Okay, I will. I have a feeling that when they signed up for the show they did not know about the extent of the psychological testing until it was placed in front of them.

Truly these tests can help determine the possible edit direction for each contestant.

I asked a past contestant about the motivations of those that go on the show, and she told me that her friends talked her into going to the casting call. She thought nothing would come of it but then she was called back and freaked a little. Her friends told her to go for it because it would be a fun experience, and she would get to travel for free. She said each gal had their own reason for being on the show, but the majority were just like her ~ fun experience, not for the guy. Very few went on the show for love, but there were those that wanted to become models or actors.

We have seen where motivation has played into the edit. Wes telling us Jason went on the show to be the next Bachelor. Others saying that they came on the show for themselves (modeling, acting, singing) and not for the guy/gal. Etc...
    The other thing I've noticed is that most of these people apply to be the lead but get cast as a contestant. I think in DeAnna season it started to dawn on me that the majority of the guys wanted to be the Bachelor not a contestant on the Bachelorette. I think that's how Wes's statement might have gotten twisted. He applied to be the Bachelor and got cast for Jillian season instead.

I've only had one cup of coffee, so does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3839731;
    The other thing I've noticed is that most of these people apply to be the lead but get cast as a contestant. I think in DeAnna season it started to dawn on me that the majority of the guys wanted to be the Bachelor not a contestant on the Bachelorette. I think that's how Wes's statement might have gotten twisted. He applied to be the Bachelor and got cast for Jillian season instead.

Excellent point, one! I meant to put in "Jake" instead of Jason and corrected it. Yes, it does seem that many of the men especially wanted to be the Bachelor instead of one of 25.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3839735;
    Excellent point, one! I meant to put in "Jake" instead of Jason and corrected it. Yes, it does seem that many of the men especially wanted to be the Bachelor instead of one of 25.
    the male ego can't tolerate sharing a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by one71721;3839731;

Of course they are going to apply to be the lead! when they advertise at the end of the show and say "if you want to be the next Bach or Bach'ette or want to be a contestant" call .......... who in their right mind would apply to be a contestant?

eta - also, they haven't had a new lead since Brad, so what else are they going to do with all the lead applications?
    Last edited by northernviewer; 02-25-2010 at 09:39 AM.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Newbie

Does anyone remember, when Jake and Ali were talking on the phone when he was in St. Lucia. Jake said to Ali that he was falling in love with her in San Francisco. I think this is a great set up for.....I left my heart in San Francisco!
    Just an observation, the chemistry between the two is just so strong. I have also noticed during the interview with Ellen, Jake is depressed when Ellen picks Ali as the one he will pick in the end. One more interview with ET, after the Women tell all, Jake is talking about Ali wanting to come to St. Lucia and how he is moving forward with the three other girls....Jake lifts his head up and says, "Oh, why, Ali couldn't you have done this earlier."
    I don't know, I am a hopeless romantic, I just see Jake and Vienna having fun but I see Ali and Jake in love!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momofone;3839779;
    Does anyone remember, when Jake and Ali were talking on the phone when he was in St. Lucia. Jake said to Ali that he was falling in love with her in San Francisco. I think this is a great set up for.....I left my heart in San Francisco!
    Just an observation, the chemistry between the two is just so strong. I have also noticed during the interview with Ellen, Jake is depressed when Ellen picks Ali as the one he will pick in the end. One more interview with ET, after the Women tell all, Jake is talking about Ali wanting to come to St. Lucia and how he is moving forward with the three other girls....Jake lifts his head up and says, "Oh, why, Ali couldn't you have done this earlier."
    I don't know, I am a hopeless romantic, I just see Jake and Vienna having fun but I see Ali and Jake in love!
    This is something that is so staged ( so is the whole show). How does a guy go from "you were the lead "contender" the night you left", "I was falling in love with Ali" to suddenly flying to St. Lucia and after a day with each girl suddenly turns off his heart switch and "forces" himself to fall in love with timeline of 24 hours spent with each of f3. It's mind-boggling, really. Real love doesn't turn on and off like a water faucet. Why say all those over-the-top lines if it weren't true? Falling in love with 4 women, then 3, then 2 until the moment he chooses f1 and says he is in love? OH, PLEASE! Sounds like the beer bottles on the wall song.

I guess they want to be at the mercy of someone else for 8 weeks. Oh my! Choices! it's all about choices.
    Last edited by seeker; 02-25-2010 at 10:24 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3839796;
    Bloomers said
    Based on what has happened in the last 5 seasons, it doesn't take a psychic to say that at this point in Ali's season, we will most likely be shaking our heads and saying, "How can she be doing this?"

See, Bloomers, that's the thing. When we KNOW, why do we ask that? Where in those tests do we fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839805;
    I am going to take this to the Edit Thread where we have been talking about the tests and psychologists!
    Don't get me started on those tests and what I think are the unscrupulous psychologists that are both administering them, feeding the info that will ultimately hurt contenders, and then possibly be the same ones (psychologists) to "be there" to counsel the contenders when they are so torn up on rejection.

We are easy prey for those kind of people. It is like feeding pigeons....

It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach to think that psychologists whose mission is supposed to be to HELP people are deliberately using their expertise to exploit them in ways that can ultimately hurt them - even if they unwittingly sign a release. That does not excuse the professional in charge who is essentially to do the client no harm.
    It is very much the same way that I feel toward teachers who sexually abuse children or that nurse who killed all of those people in an old folks' home a few years ago.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 02-26-2010 at 09:03 AM.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3839023;
    Very well thought out post Bloomers! I'm looking forward to seeing what the edit(s) will be like on Ali's season. This season I stayed away from having a favorite (although Corrie was a close one..she didn't make it to the F4 though) and it's sooo much better when you don't pick a favorite!
    Ain't that the truth. I am glad I knew the outcome early, saved me a lot of grief. I hope we find out the F1 early in Ali's season too..