Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839130;
    Quote:
    A total of 536 questions.

One could get a degree for answering that many questions. That's probably the first test to see if they can stand the drama and torture of being cooped up in the house with booze, other girls and plenty of down time which is the perfect atmosphere for catfights.

Who in their right mind would want to make a spectacle of themselves knowing fully well anything they speak or do can be manipulated to paint them in the worst light and recorded into history for the world to see and ridicule. Is it really worth all that? Is it an impulsive move even if someone else signed them on or do they see it as a one time gig where they can blame it all on the edit if they look bad.
    There was a gal that was trying out for this season of the Bachelor and she decided not to do it due to not wanting to be edited in a bad light. Vienna thrives on attention like this, so it's right up her alley while those that aren't are too shy or normal isn't what the show wants.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3839234;
    There was a gal that was trying out for this season of the Bachelor and she decided not to do it due to not wanting to be edited in a bad light. Vienna thrives on attention like this, so it's right up her alley while those that aren't are too shy or normal isn't what the show wants.
    I'd love to see one of these "shy or normal" people game the system and make tptb think they are getting drama and then not deliver

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839196;
    We have to be very careful here for the sake of rules. However, there are a couple of us who know one extremely reliable contestant who gave out the info that they were given several personality tests that took 4-5 hours to take.

We are laughing, but between Kasha and Blondie we have seen the kinds of tests that can nail down and identify those folks who can be put into the pressure cooker environment of the Bachelor and expected to exhibit the kinds of behavior needed to produce the drama on the show. The producers just provide the manipulation.

As to why do people put themselves into this position to start with? Some of them have glory hog personalities, some of them want to further their careers, most of them are seeking adventure and fun, and I think some of them must simply be gluttons for punishment. I can't believe that there is really any one single person that reasonably believes that he or she will actually be the 1 out 25 people to ends up as the final one.
    Other than what we have seen on the show with meltdowns after RC....the mega one being Hillary from Brad's season comes to mind, have any of these contestants talked about what it felt like once they left the environment of the show? The Asian doctor on Brad's season did an interview and talked a little about what went on while she was there.

Do the contracts specify a time when contestants are allowed to talk about what goes behind the scenes or are they banned for as long as the show's format is still alive and ongoing?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839522;
    Other than what we have seen on the show with meltdowns after RC....the mega one being Hillary from Brad's season comes to mind, have any of these contestants talked about what it felt like once they left the environment of the show? The Asian doctor on Brad's season did an interview and talked a little about what went on while she was there.

Do the contracts specify a time when contestants are allowed to talk about what goes behind the scenes or are they banned for as long as the show's format is still alive and ongoing?
    I don't know those answers. Maybe someone else does.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3839004;
    I think that Vienna got the worst F1 edit in bachelor history. Agree or Disagree?

Agree. I actually think it was worse than Ed's.

Romance is gone (or at least not shown) completely. Trashing the F1 seems to be the new standard. While Vienna may have some skeletons in her closet (and who doesn't?), I was surprised by the delight TPTB seemed to take in leaving in some very unflattering scenes involving her.

Fleiss seems to revel in the trash but I personally find myself longing for another Meredith/Ian or even Andy/Tessa story...but then I am a hopeless romantic.

Is it that she really got the worst edit OR did we interpret her edit worse because of the ending we knew of and the negative PR about her?

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3839532;
    Is it that she really got the worst edit OR did we interpret her edit worse because of the ending we knew of and the negative PR about her?
    I truly believe this is what happened. The one fed off the other until it built to epic proportions!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nuts2uiam;3839532;
    I think it was the edit. None of the unspoiled casual viewers I know like her at all. They don't know why she is still there. That's purely the edit, believing what is shown on the TV.

Now, for the boardies, we have lots more information to digest, and decide whether or not to believe. It all goes together.

Did anyone find Chris's interview with Michelle during the WTA choppily edited? Michelle, in every post-show interview, seems very normal and well-adjusted; she looked absolutely mortified by the recap; aside from Roz, she also called the show's bluff in saying both a) the show's not real b) it's a process that doesn't work to find love.

When she was interacting with the girls, that segment seemed very edited to show that the girls found her unstable. Chris kept harping on their impressions of Michelle and the edit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermom;3839239;
    I'd love to see one of these "shy or normal" people game the system and make tptb think they are getting drama and then not deliver
    How does someone NOT know when they're being provoked? And, if you're in the top 3 and decide to not follow their manipulations, what can happen to you?

It's such a mind game. In many areas of the world, such interactions would be considered torture. That kinda repetitive questioning/rephrasing of the same question is similar to the CIA interview process. They try to find your weakness and push the interviewee to the breaking point. And this is just reality TV!