Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Thank you, Kasha.

A total of 536 questions
    This is in all probability one of the tests. I will have to think about what other tests they might use. I was thinking Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (only 93 questions in Step 1):

The MBTI instrument is called "the best-known and most trusted personality assessment tool available today"[4] by its publisher, CPP (formerly Consulting Psychologists Press). CPP further calls the MBTI tool "the world’s most widely used personality assessment",[5] with as many as two million assessments administered annually.
    Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3839079;
    Hopefully this won't be too detailed.

The MMPI used to be the gold standard. In 2003 after several "tweaks" and generations of the MMPI, the MMPI-2RF was born.
    Twenty years ago, I was quite familiar with using the MMPI--I was wowed by the new and improved MMPI-2RF.

To simply: its scales help evaluate:
    hypochondriasis(Concern with bodily symptoms), depression, hysteria, psychopathic deviant (Conflict, struggle, anger, respect for society's rules), masculinity/femininity, paranoia, psychasthenia (Worry, Anxiety, tension, doubts, obsessiveness), schizophrenia, hypomania and social introversion.

A total of 536 questions.

For those saying this is mumbo jumbo--and who knows it may be!
    They do have validity scales.
    Those detected non-responding or inconsistent responding, those designed to detect when clients are over reporting or exaggerating the prevalence or severity of psychological symptoms, and those designed to detect underreporting or downplaying psychological symptoms, and those detecting over reporting of somatic symptoms scale.

Sounds grueling to me.
    Definitely not worth the stupid goody bag

Good grief! It was worth wading through all of those 50 cent words just to read this line.

Is this one of those tests that asks you the same question several times just worded slightly differently throughout the test?
    Last edited by Bloomers; 02-24-2010 at 07:34 PM.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3839089;
    Thank you, Kasha.

This is in all probability one of the tests. I will have to think about what other tests they might use. I was thinking Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (only 93 questions in Step 1):

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    My personal philosophy is that the mind can only retain as much as the rear end can sustain. 536 questions to have to wade through at one time when you are expected to truthfully think through the answers is simply too many questions. A body gets tired.
    93 questions sounds more reasonable to me.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839101;
    My personal philosophy is that the mind can only retain as much as the rear end can sustain. 536 questions to have to wade through at one time when you are expected to truthfully think through the answers is simply too many questions. A body gets tired.
    I was wondering the same.
    What about the person who starts getting bored at maybe question 50 and then decides to make a random pattern out of the answers?
    I guess that would show up in the non-responding/non-consistent scale.
    I would love to figure out how to outsmart the smarts. I'm sure it's been done. I guess you might scale that as sociopathic.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839098;

Is this one of those tests that asks you the same question several times just worded slightly differently throughout the test?
    Probably ~ to determine if the test taker is being truthful with his/her answers.

Maybe I can look into asking a few past contestants (that would be acquainted with these types of tests) if they could identify the tests.

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3839108;
    I was wondering the same.
    What about the person who starts getting bored at maybe question 50 and then decides to make a random pattern out of the answers?
    I guess that would show up in the non-responding/non-consistent scale.
    I would love to figure out how to outsmart the smarts. I'm sure it's been done. I guess you might scale that as sociopathic.
    Those are our drama folks on the show.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839101;
    I was so hard when I read this post. Between you and Kasha I have had a few good laughs today. Thanks y'all.

These psych tests are an exercise in confusing participants to catch the ones who are guillible and easy prey in their nets so production of the show is not as taxing. Let's see them do do a show with narcissists and sociopaths, that will teach them.. Producers will quit the show before the cast would..

FORT Fogey

Quote:

One could get a degree for answering that many questions. That's probably the first test to see if they can stand the drama and torture of being cooped up in the house with booze, other girls and plenty of down time which is the perfect atmosphere for catfights.

Who in their right mind would want to make a spectacle of themselves knowing fully well anything they speak or do can be manipulated to paint them in the worst light and recorded into history for the world to see and ridicule. Is it really worth all that? Is it an impulsive move even if someone else signed them on or do they see it as a one time gig where they can blame it all on the edit if they look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839115;
    I was so hard when I read this post. Between you and Kasha I have had a few good laughs today. Thanks y'all.

These psych tests are an exercise in confusing participants to catch the ones who are guillible and easy prey in their nets so production of the show is not as taxing. Let's see them do do a show with narcissists and sociopaths, that will teach them.. Producers will quit the show before the cast would..
    Ahhh but who's to say that TPTB haven't taken these test themselves in order for qualified employment with the show--they might be the el primo in psychopaths-o-sis!
    What better way --you can't bill shoot a bill shooter!
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3839110;
    Probably ~ to determine if the test taker is being truthful with his/her answers.

Maybe I can look into asking a few past contestants (that would be acquainted with these types of tests) if they could identify the tests.

Those are our drama folks on the show.
    That would be so good, and see please if any of them were ever given any feedback on their tests if you can. Some of them, I am sure, just took the tests and walked out the door once they were finished; however feedback is such an integral part of the educational philosphy that I simply can not image that the teachers who have been tested have not asked for results. We're used to getting a chart that tells us that x% answered A while x% answered B and so on...

- John McMillan

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839130;
    Quote:

One could get a degree for answering that many questions. That's probably the first test to see if they can stand the drama and torture of being cooped up in the house with booze, other girls and plenty of down time which is the perfect atmosphere for catfights

Who in their right mind would want to make a spectacle of themselves knowing fully well anything they speak or do can be manipulated to paint them in the worst light and recorded into history for the world to see and ridicule. Is it really worth all that? Is it an impulsive move even if someone else signed them on or do they see it as a one time gig where they can blame it all on the edit if they look bad.

We have to be very careful here for the sake of rules. However, there are a couple of us who know one extremely reliable contestant who gave out the info that they were given several personality tests that took 4-5 hours to take.

We are laughing, but between Kasha and Blondie we have seen the kinds of tests that can nail down and identify those folks who can be put into the pressure cooker environment of the Bachelor and expected to exhibit the kinds of behavior needed to produce the drama on the show. The producers just provide the manipulation.

As to why do people put themselves into this position to start with? Some of them have glory hog personalities, some of them want to further their careers, most of them are seeking adventure and fun, and I think some of them must simply be gluttons for punishment. I can't believe that there is really any one single person that reasonably believes that he or she will actually be the 1 out 25 people to ends up as the final one.

- John McMillan