Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838971;
    Hey! The thing about it is that Fleiss doesn't try to hide it. He has openly said in one of his latest interviews that he thinks that trash is necessary for today's reality tv.
    In one of his other interviews he referenced (paraphrased but close!) that they realized after Brad's season and decision that scandal (trash) sells better than romance. In other words, their ratings are higher with the scandal and trash than they were with the romance of Dr. Andy and the Bach/ettes before.
    Yeah I understand, I just wonder how far he'll take that idea

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838971;
    Hey! The thing about it is that Fleiss doesn't try to hide it. He has openly said in one of his latest interviews that he thinks that trash is necessary for today's reality tv.
    In one of his other interviews he referenced (paraphrased but close!) that they realized after Brad's season and decision that scandal (trash) sells better than romance. In other words, their ratings are higher with the scandal and trash than they were with the romance of Dr. Andy and the Bach/ettes before.
    Excellent analysis of the post-Brad F1 edit, Bloomers. It truly has changed from the old days.

We won't know for a while like we didn't know with the other seasons who is (are) the rebel(s) or renegade(s), but you can bet your Aunt Susie that with 4 tests of 500 questions each the psychologists/producers/editors know who they are.
    Now if we can just figure out which tests they use. I am thinking MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) for one:

Clinical scales
    Scale 1 (formerly known as the Hypochondriasis Scale) : Measures a person's perception of their health or actual injuries or health issues., Scale 2 (formerly known as the Depression Scale) : Measures a person's discouragement level., Scale 3 (formerly known as the Hysteria Scale) : Measures the emotionality of a person., Scale 4 (formerly known as the Psychopathic Deviate Scale) : Measures a person's need for control or their rebellion against control., Scale 5 (formerly known as the Femininity/Masculinity Scale) : Measures a stereotype of a person and how they compare. For men it would be the Marlboro man, for women it would be June Cleaver or Donna Reed., Scale 6 (formerly known as the Paranoia Scale) : Measures a person's ability to trust., Scale 7 (formerly known as the Psychestenia Scale) : Measures whether someone made it into adulthood with or without unresolved issues., Scale 8 (formerly known as the Schizophrenia Scale) : Measures a person's ability to have original or unique thoughts and whether they can think outside the box., Scale 9 (formerly known as the Mania Scale) : Measures a person's psychic energy., scale 0 (formerly known as the Social Introversion Scale) : Measures whether people like to be around other people.
    Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another test may be something like the MAST (Michigan Alcohol Screening Test) although this test is only 22 questions.

I wonder if the past contestants remember what their tests specifically questioned them on?
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I think that Vienna got the worst F1 edit in bachelor history. Agree or Disagree?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;3838993;
    Excellent analysis of the post-Brad F1 edit, Bloomers. It truly has changed from the old days.

Now if we can just figure out which tests they use. I am thinking MMPI (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) for one:

Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another test may be something like the MAST (Michigan Alcohol Screening Test) although this test is only 22 questions.

I wonder if the past contestants remember what their tests specifically questioned them on?
    Super wow! What a find!! In the back of my mind I figured something like this had to exist, but I don't think the depth and extent of this kind of test truly registered with me. I think I would feel butt naked after wading through something like this one.
    Geez-Louise....

One of our posters had a friend (she said at that time) who was finishing his psych evaluations. She indicated then it was a lot of stuff. I wonder if the contestants get any feedback?
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838919;
    Although Molly wasn't a house favorite, she wasn't disliked in the house; Molly was simply competitive. She also came back from the overnight tent date - which even she called "the walk of shame" totally unfazed.
    Jesse and Ed were not particularly disliked in the house either; however, the edit definitely was NOT favorable to either guy. Both guys were rebels in their own ways.

Now, it would be terribly naive, based on the modern trends, to believe that Ali is going to escape similar editing.

Here is what I anticipate:

We won't know for a while like we didn't know with the other seasons who is (are) the rebel(s) or renegade(s), but you can bet your Aunt Susie that with 4 tests of 500 questions each the psychologists/producers/editors know who they are.

They will pick ( cast - call it whatever name floats your boat) 4-6 people who they push toward the lead for special time and dates. At the outside we could make that maybe 9 people if you include folks like Elizabeth and even Vienna who I think was supposed to maybe originally go to F9 or F6, but he took this shine to her on the bungee jump, and lo and behold if she didn't go all the way to F1, warts and all.

I think that some of those folks are going to have what I call "dark secrets" - you know the kind that all of a sudden show up on the internet and in the magazines when bones start rattling in closets.

I...do...not...believe...in coincidences - I believe that TPTB know their backgrounds, and they are picked and pushed toward the lead with the hopes that stuff starts coming out and mushrooming all over the place.

I think Ali will pick from what is preselected for her and push toward her. Some of them will have pasts and secrets just waiting to be exposed.
    And the beat goes on.....

That is what I am anticipating.
    Very well thought out post Bloomers! I'm looking forward to seeing what the edit(s) will be like on Ali's season. This season I stayed away from having a favorite (although Corrie was a close one..she didn't make it to the F4 though) and it's sooo much better when you don't pick a favorite!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3839013;
    Super wow! What a find!! In the back of my mind I figured something like this had to exist, but I don't think the depth and extent of this kind of test truly registered with me. I think I would feel butt naked after wading through something like this one.
    Geez-Louise....

One of our posters had a friend (she said at that time) who was finishing his psych evaluations. She indicated then it was a lot of stuff. I wonder if the contestants get any feedback?
    Now wouldn't that be just wonderful. Imagine...........a guy is nominated (not the Oscars) but for a chance at winning the heart of the golden boy(or so they think).

At the WTA, CH took great pride in saying the bach show loves to give back. SO! ....... how about giving the rejectees (applicants) their own psych reports so they can bypass the show and get help in areas that they need/want to and then find their own soul mates.

BTW is the lead also evaluated so they know how to manipulate him first and look for those that will match up with him and make it easy on the production team?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3839023;
    Very well thought out post Bloomers! I'm looking forward to seeing what the edit(s) will be like on Ali's season. This season I stayed away from having a favorite (although Corrie was a close one..she didn't make it to the F4 though) and it's sooo much better when you don't pick a favorite!
    Same here. Ali was different till they started the Jerry Springer style match up with Vienna. This season turned out to be teh "MEH" season. Didn't care for the bloke or his trip on the wings of love.

Did they call it the "wings of love" because he was in love with more than one person all through the season and beyond? After everything he has said in interviews he could pull the wool over the eyes of a 23 year old who thinks he is the greatest thing since sliced bread......makes it easy on him to convince her after the fact.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3839048;
    Now wouldn't that be just wonderful. Imagine...........a guy is nominated (not the Oscars) but for a chance at winning the heart of the golden boy(or so they think).

At the WTA, CH took great pride in saying the bach show loves to give back. SO! ....... how about giving the rejectees (applicants) their own psych reports so they can bypass the show and get help in areas that they need/want to and then find their own soul mates.

BTW is the lead also evaluated so they know how to manipulate him first and look for those that will match up with him and make it easy on the production team?
    Since the last 4 have all been retreads yes they have the psych goods on them.

Hopefully this won't be too detailed.

The MMPI used to be the gold standard. In 2003 after several "tweaks" and generations of the MMPI, the MMPI-2RF was born.
    Twenty years ago, I was quite familiar with using the MMPI--I was wowed by the new and improved MMPI-2RF.

To simply: its scales help evaluate:
    hypochondriasis(Concern with bodily symptoms), depression, hysteria, psychopathic deviant (Conflict, struggle, anger, respect for society's rules), masculinity/femininity, paranoia, psychasthenia (Worry, Anxiety, tension, doubts, obsessiveness), schizophrenia, hypomania and social introversion.

A total of 536 questions.

For those saying this is mumbo jumbo--and who knows it may be!
    They do have validity scales.
    Those detected non-responding or inconsistent responding, those designed to detect when clients are over reporting or exaggerating the prevalence or severity of psychological symptoms, and those designed to detect underreporting or downplaying psychological symptoms, and those detecting over reporting of somatic symptoms scale.

Sounds grueling to me.
    Definitely not worth the stupid goody bag.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

The MMPI is a VERY grueling test. I have several friends who have taken it, one because of actual evaluation and the others for a research study. After hearing them talk about it, you couldn't pay me enough money to take it, short of paying my whole college tuition of course.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~