Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

FORT Fogey

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3838587;
    I doubt Jake has a problem with women coloring their hair; everybody does these days, not just those covering grey. He may not have known about the extensions, however.
    Her FRC dress, her eyes, her teeth, her hair - everything about Vienna rubs people the wrong way.

I understand that she is not the people's choice. Until RS's final reveal, there was a last hope that somehow, some way Jake would end up with the favorite, Ali. If not Ali - whom many say was the story - than at least he would end up with Tenley with whom he shared values.

By the edit, Vienna is the renegade just as Ed was, Jesse was, and ultimately Molly was. The lead passed up the favorites - Jeremy, Jillian, Reid, and both Ali and Gia. Not only the favorites, but the lead passed up the straight, sweet or gentle ones - Jason, Melissa, Kip, and Tenley.

That in a nutshell, folks, is the modern edit trend for the Bachelor. If you analyze the edit, 4 leads straight have picked the renegade. Jake is just the last in the bunch.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838887;

That in a nutshell, folks, is the modern edit trend for the Bachelor. If you analyze the edit, 4 leads straight have picked the renegade. Jake is just the last in the bunch.
    Then for Ali's season we have to look for the renegade and that will likely be her final choice.

"I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Her FRC dress, her eyes, her teeth, her hair - everything about Vienna rubs people the wrong way.

I understand that she is not the people's choice. Until RS's final reveal, there was a last hope that somehow, some way Jake would end up with the favorite, Ali. If not Ali - whom many say was the story - than at least he would end up with Tenley with whom he shared values.

By the edit, Vienna is the renegade just as Ed was, Jesse was, and ultimately Molly was. The lead passed up the favorites - Jeremy, Jillian, Reid, and both Ali and Gia. Not only the favorites, but the lead passed up the straight, sweet or gentle ones - Jason, Melissa, Kip, and Tenley.

For the Bachelorette 6....we shall look for the guy who is liked the least in the house...and he's the F1. Lol

Whether RS spills anything about Ali's season or not, I think this season and knowing about the F1 before the second epi has helped tremendously in looking for editing clues! We'll know sooo much more for next season.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3838894;
    Then for Ali's season we have to look for the renegade and that will likely be her final choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3838896;
    For the Bachelorette 6....we shall look for the guy who is liked the least in the house...and he's the F1. Lol

Whether RS spills anything about Ali's season or not, I think this season and knowing about the F1 before the second epi has helped tremendously in looking for editing clues! We'll know sooo much more for next season.
    Although Molly wasn't a house favorite, she wasn't disliked in the house; Molly was simply competitive. She also came back from the overnight tent date - which even she called "the walk of shame" totally unfazed.
    Jesse and Ed were not particularly disliked in the house either; however, the edit definitely was NOT favorable to either guy. Both guys were rebels in their own ways.

Now, it would be terribly naive, based on the modern trends, to believe that Ali is going to escape similar editing.

Here is what I anticipate:

We won't know for a while like we didn't know with the other seasons who is (are) the rebel(s) or renegade(s), but you can bet your Aunt Susie that with 4 tests of 500 questions each the psychologists/producers/editors know who they are.

They will pick ( cast - call it whatever name floats your boat) 4-6 people who they push toward the lead for special time and dates. At the outside we could make that maybe 9 people if you include folks like Elizabeth and even Vienna who I think was supposed to maybe originally go to F9 or F6, but he took this shine to her on the bungee jump, and lo and behold if she didn't go all the way to F1, warts and all.

I think that some of those folks are going to have what I call "dark secrets" - you know the kind that all of a sudden show up on the internet and in the magazines when bones start rattling in closets.

I...do...not...believe...in coincidences - I believe that TPTB know their backgrounds, and they are picked and pushed toward the lead with the hopes that stuff starts coming out and mushrooming all over the place.

I think Ali will pick from what is preselected for her and push toward her. Some of them will have pasts and secrets just waiting to be exposed.
    And the beat goes on.....

That is what I am anticipating.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Interesting perspective.

The way Bloomers explains the layout of this show is certaintly the way it has been going on for a long time, probably since the beginning. We have just gotten too smart for TPTB to hood wink us now into believing that it's all reality tv and a love story. It took me a long time to believe this, but the longer I lurked on FORT, the more I realized it. I used to get so angry when so and so would tell all the girls ILY. I thought, what a sleeze. Now I know the "star" is feed lines and steered in a certain direction. I'm so glad I got enlightened and will never stress out at the outcome of these stupid shows! They are what they are.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3838919;
    Although Molly wasn't a house favorite, she wasn't disliked in the house; Molly was simply competitive. She also came back from the overnight tent date - which even she called "the walk of shame" totally unfazed.
    Jesse and Ed were not particularly disliked in the house either; however, the edit definitely was NOT favorable to either guy. Both guys were rebels in their own ways.

Now, it would be terribly naive, based on the modern trends, to believe that Ali is going to escape similar editing.

Here is what I anticipate:

We won't know for a while like we didn't know with the other seasons who is (are) the rebel(s) or renegade(s), but you can bet your Aunt Susie that with 4 tests of 500 questions each the psychologists/producers/editors know who they are.

They will pick ( cast - call it whatever name floats your boat) 4-6 people who they push toward the lead for special time and dates. At the outside we could make that maybe 9 people if you include folks like Elizabeth and even Vienna who I think was supposed to maybe originally go to F9 or F6, but he took this shine to her on the bungee jump, and lo and behold if she didn't go all the way to F1, warts and all.

I think that some of those folks are going to have what I call "dark secrets" - you know the kind that all of a sudden show up on the internet and in the magazines when bones start rattling in closets.

I...do...not...believe...in coincidences - I believe that TPTB know their backgrounds, and they are picked and pushed toward the lead with the hopes that stuff starts coming out and mushrooming all over the place.

I think Ali will pick from what is preselected for her and push toward her. Some of them will have pasts and secrets just waiting to be exposed.
    And the beat goes on.....

That is what I am anticipating.
    Astrologers use zodiac signs and birth charts to see if they are a match when couples look for that reassurance. Numerologists, tarot cards, etc. etc do something similar.

In Fleiss's world he looks for skeletons in closets and see which ones the lead will accept/forgive/overlook/defend and that's the person he/she picks for the "Love of My Life" final rose.

Unless.............. Fleiss decides to flip the format on it's head one more time to see what shows up the next time around. In the last two seasons they have had Jolly and Jed still being a couple. Jason has or will tie the knot soon. Maybe Fleiss sees this as a winning formula. After a roll in the muck he think a couple will come up smelling like roses. This season has had the worst possible f1 edit in the history of the franchise. Makes one shudder to think how far they will go next time with the edit and if having a resume that reads like a tabloid report will be a shoe in for those who sign on to the show to find his lady love.

It's getting ridiculous ............. that's what makes the boards fun to read.
    Last edited by seeker; 02-24-2010 at 04:29 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3838937;
    Astrologers use zodiac signs and birth charts to see if they are a match when couples look for that reassurance. Numerologists, tarot cards, etc. etc do something similar.

In Fleiss's world he looks for skeletons in closets and see which ones the lead will accept/forgive/overlook/defend and that's the person he/she picks for the "Love of My Life" final rose.

Unless.............. Fleiss decides to flip the format on it's head one more time to see what shows up the next time around. In the last two seasons they have had Jolly and Jed still being a couple. Jason has or will tie the knot soon. Maybe Fleiss sees this as a winning formula. After a roll in the muck he think a couple will come up smelling like roses. This season has had the worst possible f1 edit in the history of the franchise. Makes one shudder to think how far they will go next time with the edit and if having a resume that reads like a tabloid report will be a shoe in for those who sign on to the show to find his lady love.

It's getting ridiculous ............. that's what makes the boards fun to read.
    You know? That is the way you have to look at it!! When you can, and you can analyze it without getting all tangled up emotionally, it is truly amazing (gulp!) the way that the picture rolls out.

After a roll in the muck he think a couple will come up smelling like roses. Love this one!!!

If they are seriously starting a trend of giving the F1 a horrible, not just bad, edit...what's next?

The F1 walks around the house belching with a cigarette hanging off their lip?
    The F1 hits on the camera guy 24-7?
    The F1 keeps flashing her boobs and yelling about how her last bachelor bought them for her?

and then claim later it was just a bad edit? Or actually have her role play and joke around like that on camera, splice and dice it so it looks like she seriously did those things...yet didn't? The world universally HATES her, and she'll be F1.
    I'm wondering if that's the fun they are looking toward next go around, because they sure didn't set up a love story this time

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by wmweeza;3838956;
    If they are seriously starting a trend of giving the F1 a horrible, not just bad, edit...what's next?

The F1 walks around the house belching with a cigarette hanging off their lip?
    The F1 hits on the camera guy 24-7?
    The F1 keeps flashing her boobs and yelling about how her last bachelor bought them for her?

and then claim later it was just a bad edit? Or actually have her role play and joke around like that on camera, splice and dice it so it looks like she seriously did those things...yet didn't? The world universally HATES her, and she'll be F1.
    I'm wondering if that's the fun they are looking toward next go around, because they sure didn't set up a love story this time
    Hey! The thing about it is that Fleiss doesn't try to hide it. He has openly said in one of his latest interviews that he thinks that trash is necessary for today's reality tv.
    In one of his other interviews he referenced (paraphrased but close!) that they realized after Brad's season and decision that scandal (trash) sells better than romance. In other words, their ratings are higher with the scandal and trash than they were with the romance of Dr. Andy and the Bach/ettes before.