Thread: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Re: Edit Analysis *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3836743;
    I would've never even called Vienna for his F15

The fact that he kept choosing her while everyone around him (and everyone watching him on television) was scratching their heads....well, that's the story right there. Somewhere, you had to figure, he keeps picking this unexpected girl, so...........apparently, he likes her a lot more than we think.
    That's why I "blame" casting, which first selected a Bachelor with a broken picker, and then put V. on the cast.

(1) I never saw anything real developing on Jake's end toward Tenley, and for Tenley's part, I think she was all about having exciting, romantic feelings again with someone other than Evil Ex Husband, and the fact that it was Jake was secondary at best.
    (2) Ali, perhaps, but she seems way more intelligent and cosmopolitan than Jake (sorry, he seems like a dull, dope with nice blue eyes and excellent sturdy small physique to me). She has that urban cool kid with the cool job going on. (That's a cool crowd she runs with in SF-- Jake the regional ASA pilot would be a fish.out.of.water.)
    (3) Gia, I think he could not imagine ending up with an ex-ballerina/bikini model from Staten Island as his wife, so he didn't throw much of himself at that relationship.
    (4) Vienna -- it seems he actually persuaded himself that they could make Good TV together, and behind the scenes, had some connection and long term future. Broken picker on both accounts.

And there were some lovely girls along the way that never caught his eye, for reasons we can only guess about, because you don't get to see those interactions, or in most cases, he never dated them even in front of cameras.

IDK but judging by his interactions with Gia and Tenley I think it was supposed to come down to Vienna and Ali.

I think after the HTD's he had reservations about Tenley and her ex however on the FD's she told him she loved him thus he kept her around
    I know everyone would call me crazy but I think Gia was supposed to go home at F4... haha maybe I am giving Jake too much credit. However, he did like grabbing Ali's tooshie in public while in San FRan so I think he was looking forward to some alone time with her. He's confusing

There must have been some qualities in Vienna that casting saw, that they thought Jake might be attracted to. Unless we believe they cast her solely to be the disruptive force with the other girls (and we've heard that she wasn't that bad, after all) and weren't thinking of Jake at all. Obviously it seems they chose right, since he does seem to like her a great deal and they do have fun together. I don't blame casting at all. The heart goes where it goes, nobody else can decide who is right or wrong for someone. If it lasts, fantastic. If it doesn't, it's no different than any other of the millions of relationships that don't, unfortunately, go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3836784;
    There must have been some qualities in Vienna that casting saw, that they thought Jake might be attracted to. Unless we believe they cast her solely to be the disruptive force with the other girls (and we've heard that she wasn't that bad, after all) and weren't thinking of Jake at all. Obviously it seems they chose right, since he does seem to like her a great deal and they do have fun together. I don't blame casting at all. The heart goes where it goes, nobody else can decide who is right or wrong for someone. If it lasts, fantastic. If it doesn't, it's no different than any other of the millions of relationships that don't, unfortunately, go the distance.
    Of course, I'm speaking as usual somewhat tongue in cheek about his broken picker, and the disappointing outcome that I've had to watch him with V. for 8 weeks, and on the supermarket rags/mags covers for almost the same dull stretch of time. I don't want to see her. I don't want to watch them together. It's bad TV. I wish they'd never cast either of them. While I think he's sort of sincere at times, mostly he still creeps me out and reminds me of the Edgar the Farmer character in Men in Black ...after the alien bug took over his body. A Jake Suit, not a Jake.

Moreover, I am not under the impression that the casting decisions have anything to do with finding a mate for Jake. It's about casting for TV entertainment. Neither of them has the TV appeal to carry the show. To me.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3836784;
    Didn't Vienna say in the preview to Jakes's mom that the girls hated her even before she met Jake?..Something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;3836797;
    Didn't Vienna say in the preview to Jakes's mom that the girls hated her even before she met Jake?..Something like that...
    Yep, she did. I just re-watch the WTA. I also noticed that CH said at the end that "Jake hopefully chooses...."

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;3836850;
    Yep, she did. I just re-watch the WTA. I also noticed that CH said at the end that "Jake hopefully chooses...."
    With this hopefully coment, I'm wondering if he doesn't choose until the ATFR. That would go along with his statement that he hasn't been in contact with any of the women since filming ended. Maybe he wanted to see who he missed most. Or maybe he wanted to see the show on TV and see the girls before he chose. He is a strange dude and nothing would surprise me.
    Team Never Picks A Winner (except Tessa)

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3838465;
    Yeah me either... I had this vision in my head before filming of her and CH backstage like... you know you're the next bachelorette... you can improve your image that much more if you make a public apology to Vienna. I don't think she HAD to do it per se but I do think she felt like she should in light of her current situation.
    I think Ali was in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. Continueing with her dislike, or acknowledge that what she did was mean and apologize - for those that don't like her, neither would have been right. I personally admired her for swallowing her pride and admitting some of things she said was uncalled for... but she worded it in a way that implied that she really meant what she said, she just should have stayed quiet and not said anything - which is always the best advice when there is a camera in your face I think all the girls feel sorry for Vienna and what she's going through in the tabloids, I know I do, but I still don't think they like her or want to be her friend.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3838475;
    I think Ali was in a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario. Continueing with her dislike, or acknowledge that what she did was mean and apologize - for those that don't like her, neither would have been right. I personally admired her for swallowing her pride and admitting some of things she said was uncalled for... but she worded it in a way that implied that she really meant what she said, she just should have stayed quiet and not said anything - which is always the best advice when there is a camera in your face I think all the girls feel sorry for Vienna and what she's going through in the tabloids, I know I do, but I still don't think they like her or want to be her friend.
    I agree... I didn't mean to sound like I was faulting Ali.The only thing she could have done to completely rectify the situation was go back in time and never say any of that stuff. I can't really blame her for anything she said on the show... You can tell Ali is all about natural beauty. I could tell she hardly dies her hair let alone blow dry it, she does not wear a lot of makeup, and he clothing was very simple and casual ( sneakers at a RC). Vienna is polar opposite. She said it best... if he wants her he does not want me.

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3838475;
    I agree with this. I'm personally not anybody's fan, including Jake, but I know that you don't have to like or respect someone to still feel bad for them being totally trashed, as is happening to Vienna, since I personally feel bad for her now, even though I still don't like or respect her. I imagine Ali and the other women have been softening their comments about V partly for this reason. And Ali's apology, which overall I think was the right move, I suspect was partly sincere and partly damage control for her possible uncoming leading gig.